Everything posted by Prezafab
-
I looked at two Skodas in a showroom today .... Karoq and Kamiq.
I see what you mean on the size. Off topic'ish, there are still several Yetis advertised on AutoTrader in the £16-19k bracket. I think that's quite remarkable - a) Because there's still such strong used demand for good ones 8 or 9 years on, and b) People have done low mileage in them but still kept them for years because they liked them a lot!
-
I looked at two Skodas in a showroom today .... Karoq and Kamiq.
- I looked at two Skodas in a showroom today .... Karoq and Kamiq.
Can you go back to a Fabia - either the latest or last of the previous shape ? Every model I've driven over the years has impressed me. My mum has just given up driving her 1.2 TSi auto and despite being 11 years old was quick enough, smooth and comfortable - with a drivers seat you can Jack right up ! A mature couple had a 10 hour round trip to buy it and were delighted.- Carista obd and app - questions 're Yeti
Might have to go out for a 'race' against my other half in the Impreza Turbo. That should clear out the crap!- Carista obd and app - questions 're Yeti
Ok. Massive irony or coincidence - the light came on for the first time in 6 months today (and went off).- Carista obd and app - questions 're Yeti
I've bought for the Yeti mostly to put a new AGM Battery on, but it's seems to have some useful functions. For anyone whose used one, Do you know:- 1) What should the dpf soot reading be (2017 Yeti) and is it worth triggering regeneration manually ? 2) There are 2 battery options - one is can bus and I guess the other is the monitor ? Thanks- I looked at two Skodas in a showroom today .... Karoq and Kamiq.
I think that's a really nicely judged spec. Makes a lot of sense. Shame they don't have a 4wd version in the UK as well.🤗- Yeti 1.2TSI oil sump replacement
Is that the main dealer there who wants big money ?- Goodbye to Yeti
Any reputable specialist who looks after VW Group cars. They just wouldn't warrant the part but provided you supply the correct OEM supplier clutch pack, (possibly Sachs from memory) the majority would just be happy charging you for the Labour / diagnostics / adaption / set up.- Goodbye to Yeti
I would worry about it if and when it happens, and not before. DSG can be fixed by independent Skoda / VW/ Audi specialists. I once bought a new DSG clutch pack just in case, for the Yeti we had with the highest mileage. Never needed it and sold it on eBay !- Goodbye to Yeti
Be prepared to travel ! I had an 8 hour round trip last February for our registered Dec 2017,delivered Jan 2018 Yeti in the spec we wanted.- Goodbye to Yeti
Very good. We also had a look at Mazdas last January (before getting our latest Yeti) and they 're very good value, with usually good dealers. What put us off was that the used values drop off a proverbial cliff after a few more years (unlike the Yeti), into not quite banger territory. I had a long look at the CX60 AWD diesel for myself but it's got suspension issues that made me think twice (it's had 2 upgrades since launch and still not sorted). To be honest, every car purchase is a compromise and the perfect car doesn't exist. Yet. 😃- Goodbye to Yeti
It depends. Is everyone who bought a Ford Puma driving around in a death trap? It's the UKs best selling car. Adult Occupant NCAP front impact protection scores:- Dacia Duster 28.1 points (70%) Ford Puma 28.7 points (75%) I'd rather have a Kamiq or a Q2 personally (which are safer) but I wouldn't discount a new shape Duster.🤔- Goodbye to Yeti
It's a well known 'impact' of not fitting the NCAP point scoring electronic driver aids that most people switch off when they get in the car, rather than the structural strength of the car. I'd consider one.- Goodbye to Yeti
That's a really good point. I liked my Octavias as well - mainly because they felt like Audis for people with more sense than money (me included!). I think it's the square, compact shape and everything that means on the road. Yetis are trustworthy, honest and by your side when the going gets tough 😉- Goodbye to Yeti
I think it you were thinking of changing it for a brand new car or something £20k more expensive, I could understand the rationale... but the Yeti already has a very good reliability record that you have experienced, and you know it's many good points. We had a really good look around when we decided to sell my other half's 2015 Yeti last year (totally reliable but 100k on clock and the usual tiny bits of door edge rust). In the end we bought another Yeti, registered 30/12/17 and originally delivered in Jan 2018. As an all-rounder they are still hard to beat, and I drive a 'posh Audi' a lot of the time. They do everything and the 4x4 ones get you through everything !- Unresponsive/'haywire' infotainment touchscreen
It's all very therapeutic to have a go.- How long is your car battery lasting?
I seriously looked at that but don't own a Veyron, so went for the Carista instead ! 😉- How long is your car battery lasting?
Ordered, thanks. If the trial is finished, I'll just pay for a month on the few occasions I'll use it- Headlight unit replacement
Front bumper and wing liners have to be removed I think for a facelift car 2013/14 to end 2017... You might have to do some searching.- How long is your car battery lasting?
Does anyone know if those OBD2 handheld fault scanners that say they have Battery Registration on them, actually work ? They seem to be about £50 upwards to include that function?- Skoda want my Kodiaq for 3 months to fix it !!
A crying shame that Skoda has gone this way. I feel your pain re the braking - a Golf of mine did it randomly when I worked for VWG - what happens if a motorbike is following you... I suspect that Skoda were under massive VWG commercial pressure to launch on time and testing was shortcut. Product Margin and return to the business is king - purchasing drive it relentlessly. We had a system a few years back where testing couldn't be completed because the software modules were incomplete / full of bugs, but it still went live and was put down to 'teething troubles'. Big money and big turnover plus damage (spend) limitation to deal with results.- Software failure not so Superb
If it was my money I would certainly delay it until you are sure the software is fixed (by checking here). Not sure of your circumstances such as signing up for finance or putting a bit deposit down already, but if you can do cleanly, I would back out and advise the dealer that once you are confident in the product you may well speak to them first to 're order.- Yeti 2015 1.2 tsi
Hello John, gotta new motor.- Yeti 2015 1.2 tsi
I still wouldn't bother. If the engine is running that hot on a Yeti, you have a bigger problem! - I looked at two Skodas in a showroom today .... Karoq and Kamiq.
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.