Alasdair1
Resident Member
Everything posted by Alasdair1
-
Amber coolant level warning
Maybe the connector to tank is needing cleaned or there is a break in wire. Alasdair
- Crazy temperature gauge, red light and beep
-
Octavia mk2 unstable swerving left to right at 60MPH+
225/45/18 are a wider tyre so may tend to follow road deffects more. I used to run same size on a people carrier and had found that I needed more pressure on the low profile tyres than the standard ones. It could also be the make of tyre. Alasdair
-
part number check
Try superglue. Sometimes works very well depending on rubber type. Alasdair
-
MDI / AMI / MMI port?! What’s what and what gadgets can I get for it??
Doubt yours will have bluetooth as dont think it was fitted as standard although some had an extra option. The blutooth unit if fitted is normally under drivers seat. Check you have bluetooth option on your display. My 08 plate octavia doesnt but my 12 plate has a small touch screen unit with microphone on dash top. Looks like this and has a small mic on windscreen pillar. No idea where wiring goes. Not sure but reckon it is an add on. Cables available on ebay depending on what you want to plug in. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChsSEwiBzdzx84-TAxVgmVAGHSB1KcEYACICCAEQCRoCZGc&co=1&ase=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2bTNBhDjARIsAK89wlHmlTece7nlf2ua1zf7z2M4-9f6l58JvleV05MMnNaetJRNamiStRsaAn3eEALw_wcB&cid=CAASJeRoOMZ3XCKV65qvlV5-3tSugAuKroZCkX5X16kItvPuFbqcTTo&cce=2&category=acrcp_v1_33&sig=AOD64_0FChl41QbP2NCZZfeyMK_8M4YG_Q&ctype=5&q=&nis=4&ved=2ahUKEwik2dbx84-TAxVGWkEAHaNbE2MQ9aACKAB6BAgLECE&adurl= Alasdair
-
MDI / AMI / MMI port?! What’s what and what gadgets can I get for it??
Son uses a plug in blue tooth fm transmitter in his mk1 (halfords) as theres no connection socket. According to google Ai the socket in the glove box can be 3.5mm or mdi which I think you have. The 2010 Skoda Fabia (Mk2) often features a media input socket located inside the glove box, designed for connecting external audio devices. Key Details regarding the Media Socket: Location: The socket is typically found in the top-left or rear section of the glove compartment. Interface Type: It is often a 3.5mm AUX input or a specialized MDI (Media Device Interface) port. Functionality: If equipped with an MDI port, you can use a Skoda-compatible MDI lead (USB or Apple 30-pin) to control playback (track selection, folders) via the radio unit, such as the RCD 310 or RNS 310. Activation: To use it, you may need to press the "MEDIA" or "CD" button on the head unit to switch the source to AUX or MDI.
-
part number check
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/skoda-parts Look under body section in manufacturer diagrams and scroll down to dashboard parts. I get 3T0857139 but not sure on the year of your car. Alasdair
-
Skoda Octavia Scout - Press Foot Brake warning light
Check brake fluid level and maybe sticking handbrake switch/handbrake. probably worth getting it scanned to see if anything comes up. Think your correct it normally is for auto so not sure why on a manual unless its a cluster fault. Had dpf light on mine but no dpf on that engine plus a few others. removed cleaned and replaced cluster and cured it. either cluster had come loose or was making poor connection. Alasdair
-
Could high oil level cause my engine runaway?
Glad its still ok and hopefully a one of. Your lucky it stopped when it did. Good luck with MOT. With that amount of diesel in oil at least the engine will have been given a good flush out and be nice and clean. Alasdair
-
Fault code P023600 Boost sensor (flashing coil light and limp mode) driving me mad now
If its the same with new sensor and comes on with ignition may be wiring related. Check sensor connection and trace back for any damage to cables. Also read similar problem on a vw site. in their case the map sensor earth was intermittent. I think they have 4 pins Earth, Ecu, power(5v) and air temp. They had a high resistance on the earth pin due to bad earth connection. From memory somewhere under battery tray but may not be the same on Fabia Alasdair
-
Best Windscreen Wipers for Fabia
I use bosch normally but during winter tend to go for a cheap set if I have to change them as the salt/grit/ice destroys them Last set that I fitted was from Lidl and reckon there as good as bosch but a lot cheaper. Been on my octavia for over a year and just starting to smear a bit but still no squeeks etc. Waiting till they have them in again and at £8-99 I usually buy two sets Alasdair
-
What is this cable for? Fabia mk2 1.4 Petrol
Sorry just spotted the enormous picture of battery hiding in plain sight. Alasdair
-
What is this cable for? Fabia mk2 1.4 Petrol
It could be driving the towbar smart bypass relay. I fitted one on an old seat and it required an inline fuse from battery +ve which from memory was 15amp. Do the trailer socket lights work and does it reach battery? Alasdair
-
2009 FII fuel gauge not working
Had another google and the wiring on newer models I think goes to bcm but on older seems to go direct to cluster as in yours. It may be a fault in cluster itself thats causing problem as both old and new work in reverse. As both work in reverse I assume that the wiring is ok but maybe problem at cluster?
-
2011 Octavia 1.6 TDI sudden stop, loong crank to start
Air in fuel is likely to be on the suction side from tank to lift pump and before the high pressure pump. If its after then leaks are usually noticeable. Difficult to pin point where but check all fuel lines including filter for signs of leakage including return lines from injectors. Dont think the octavia has a water drain valve on the filter. Just the top sealing gasket. You said it had a day in garage. Dont suppose they did anything fuel related? Alasdair
-
09 octavia
Have had two mk2 a 58plate and a 12plate. Both diesel but the earlier one is the 1.9tdi pd so no dpf. Havent had much trouble with either apart from dash/cluster problems on the earlier one. Main problem I am finding on both is corosion on front wings, around rear numberplate on both and sills on the earlier one plus advisory on subframes etc. They both have around 120k. Its probably down to where they came from before I got them. One is local to Inverness and the other I think is aberdeen so both high salt usage areas. Sons fabia is an 06 and its spotless but came from devon direction. Check the previous MOT for advisories etc. Alasdair
-
Slight "judder" at tickover.
Sons idle on his was a bit erratic due to vaaccum leak at brake servo hose. They have a tendency to split at the joins. Fabia mk1 are all fuel injection either multipoint or direct. It may be plugs needing changed or perhaps a failing coil pack. Might be worth scanning to see if its a misfire at low revs. Alasdair
-
2009 FII fuel gauge not working
I read on here a similar problem. They replaced fuel sender unit and guage worked in reverse. It was mentioned that early and later fuel pump/sender units are different and if the wrong one is used can cause this problem. As you havent replaced sender but relaced BCM I am wondering if the two are linked and its the replacement BCM thats causing problem. Might be worth checking part numbers if you still have old one. May be wrong but worth a check Alasdair
-
Odd gearbox problem
Sounds like a slipping clutch or sticking release bearing. It could be a worn clutch plate/bad release bearing or could be slave cylinder thats leaking and contaminated clutch plate which slips then burns off fluid. Check the brake/clutch fluid isnt dropping. Check the bottom of bellhousing for signs of fluid as well. Sons (same car) clutch just gave up suddenly with no prior warning of slipping. One minute he had drive the next nothing. Either way I am afraid its gearbox out to check and while your at it fit a new clutch and bearing plus a new slave. Slave is exxternal on his but actuator is internal so you will see no signs of leaks until removed. His had a solid flywheel which was ok so I just replaced clutch etc. Try changing from 2nd to say 4th or 5th. If it does it then 99% clutch problem Sorry just realised his is a mk1 not mk2 so not sure re clutch slave being internal/external but symptoms are classic clutch slip. Alasdair
-
Could high oil level cause my engine runaway?
I would monitor it regularly and see. Keep the oil as its excellent for soaking seized parts. I use a 50/50 mix of oil and diesel with a bit of kerosene if its too thick in it as a releasol. Saves a fortune on wd40 etc. Alasdair
-
Another passenger side airbag light thread.
Maybe or it could be the igniter in the airbag unit thats causing the problem. I would try and cancel codes and see if it come back. If its the igniter etc I would either get a new/second hand airbag or get a specialist check/repair. One on ebay for £12.94 Not sure if its the same as yours. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266283277821 Alasdair
-
Relay fuse box diag
Would be interested to find our where you get one. Have tried online for my octavia and fabia and cant find anything. Plenty fuse diagrams but no relays for some reason. Alasdair
-
2011 Octavia 1.6 TDI sudden stop, loong crank to start
I reckon get it scanned in case its stored a code. Could be a number of things from air in fuel line to failing crank/cam sensor and everything inbetween hence get it scanned. Alasdair
-
Front wheel bearing replacement
Someone on here also from australia looking for front wheel bearing. Think it may be the same car. Sorry not sure how to link post https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/438021-front-wheel-bearing-genuine-or-oem/
-
Front wheel bearing genuine or OEM?
Ah didnt realise you were there. Bet the carriage would be a bit extreme. Alasdair