Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Which Kamiq?
For clarity I was only referring tocreeping forwards. The Citroen box did not.
-
Which Kamiq?
This is normal for virtually any auto box (except earlier Citroen EGS boxes)
-
Karoq 19 inch Crater Alloy Wheels
When I had mine done in early 2022 I paid ~£110 for one wheel, so £192 for 2 seems pretty good.
-
Karoq 19 inch Crater Alloy Wheels
I have these wheels and I didn't think they are diamond cut. I hit a kerb (forced in too close by a blue-light ambulance) and the refurbisher said they are diamond cut.
-
TPMS
You normally need 6-8psi pressure loss to have the system give a warning. That is how it has been on all of my cars with indirect TPMS.
-
Skoda karoq modification
DSo can you afford the increased insurance for any mods?
-
Auto Matrix light not working
When the lights first come on they are dipped. The icon you refer to is not the main beam icon, it is simply a headlight icon. When you push the stalk away from you the lights go into auto setting. When the icon is white, dip beams are on, when it is blue it is main beam. From what I see above, your lights were on auto setting but dipped.
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
Although they seem low, the issue for me is the lack of loow speed torque. There is one hill that I have to acsend slowly, and trying to go up in second is a waste of time as the car slows almost to a stall, and I have to use first. Even worse if it is hot and the aircin is on.
-
1.5TSI Slave Cylinder/Clutch Issue
What do you mean by' the clutch wouldn't return to its default position? Do you mean the pedal? There was an issue with Citroen C4 Picassos where the clutch pedal would operate the clutch when depressed, but the pedal stayed on the floor. You could return it by hooking it up with your toes, but it would then repeat frequently. The result was a free fix requiring a new master cylinder. Whatever the issue is it needs to go to the dealer.
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
I occasionally have an issue with my manual 1.5 TSi. I'm quite old school when I drive. I was brought up with only using first gear to start moving before changing to second at low speed. The result of this is that I tend to drive up to junctions in second gear, and pull away in second from about 2-3mph. This engine doesn't like this and frequently stalls, and is a devil to restart (although it seems to start itself rather than needing the button pressed). As far as I am concerned this is driver error, and I just need to remember to move off from very low speed in first gear. I have had several other cars with stop/start and it has never been an issue before.
-
Brake pads replaced after 50k - reasonable distance ?
I had my car in for MOT and service yesterday, different manufacturer, main agent. Having done 53,000 miles the fronts were c40% worn,discs lipped, rears 30% discs lipped and scorn (sic), and it looks like the state of the discs will untimately decide when replacement is necessary Lipping is almost inevitable as the pads will rarely reach right to the edge of the disc, and there may be a similar ridge at the inner edge as well. I'm lucky that I live in a fairly rural area with good fast A roads that require little heavy brake use and I do little mileage in town and city.
-
Brake pads replaced after 50k - reasonable distance ?
Don't know whether it is true on Skodas, but new rear brake pads are frequently much thinner than fronts, so may appear to be 50% worn when brand new.
-
Karoq Tyre Sizes
I was aware that this legal, it is just handy to know so that you don't worry if your car speedo shows slightly above the posted speed limit.
-
Karoq Tyre Sizes
I have downloaded a Speedometer App onto my phone. This wasn't primarily to check my car speedo, but I thought I'd give it a try yesterday. At 30 mph on my car the app read 28mph, at 40mph, it was 37mph, 50 was 47mph, 60 was 57mph, 70 was 66mph.
-
Handbrake auto activation?
Every day is a scchoolday! Ever since I bought our Karoq I have had the autobrake activated, and every time I switched off the engine the parking brake applied. I haven't used the car for a few days, but I drove it today, and I tried experimenting with turning off the autobrake, and on turning off the engine the parking brake failed to apply. I have a friend who has a relatively new Audi A4. e went for a brief trip, and I was surpried that when he switched on he switched off autobrake and manually switched off the parking brake. On getting back he wsithed on the autobrake then applied the parking brake before switching the engine off. I was very confused why he did this, but I didn't think I aught to ask why.
-
Engine running ''bongs''
On my Karoq, if the engine stopd in a traffic queue, the engine restarts if the vehicle in front moves.
-
Engine running ''bongs''
As far as I am aware, if the stop/start has stopped the engine, the engine restarts on opening the door.
-
Handbrake auto activation?
On our Karoq the button marked A is on the right side of the parking brake. Pressing it turns on the autobrake function but has no effect on the parking brake.
-
Handbrake auto activation?
Odd! This is quite normal. You may have to go through the menus to see if there is an option to stop it applying.
-
Kamiq Virtual Dash
Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to try much, and I live nowhere near the owner.
-
Cruise Control and ACC in cold weather
Because ACC can do far more, controlling the speed to the speed limits. For instance, if you are on a 60mph road and there is a bend which the car thinks that you can go round at only 40mph, the car chatrges in at 60mph, then slams the brakes on, then goes ound at an uncomfortably fast speed, then speeds up to 60mph again. If you set the CC at , say 50mph on a 60 mph road and you go into a 30mph limit, the car will charge in again, brake hard to 30mph, then when the limit goes back to 60mph, cruise resets to 60mph, not 50 mph. I have managed to sety mine so that it stays at whet I set until I change it, so it is just like a normal cruise except it does slow down to the speed of the vehicle in front.
-
Cruise Control and ACC in cold weather
This is the first car where I have had cruise that has operated like this.
-
The Camera Parking System Is Currently Unavailable
This has happened occasionally on my Karoq. I wonder if it is due to selecting reverse too quickly before the central screen has woken up. EDIT. BTandSid's post appeared as I was about to submit my reply.
-
Kamiq Virtual Dash
Yesterday I was asked for some assistance from someone who has just bought a Kamiq straight from the showroom floor. I didn't have much time to help. The car is a new 1.0 DSG with digital dash, unfortunately I don't know details of the trim level. His issue was that he wanted to reset the trip, so I tried to help. The digital dash has only one dial on it, similar to one of the 5 options I have on mine. With the engine running, I tried to change to another using the buttons on the right of the steering wheel, but none of them seemed to do anything. Could someone please confirm whether there is only one option, that the buttons should function, and whether there is a hidden showroom mode that may disable some functions.
-
TPMS - When does the warning light illuminate?
Please bear in mind there are two types of TMPS. The direct type has pressure sensors in the tyres. This type will display the actual pressure in the diagram on the 'vehicle' page. This type will warn you if one tyre loses pressue, and will warn you wahen you start in the morning if a tyre has lost significant pressure overnight. I have never had a car with direct TPMS, so I don't know what sort of pressure loss will cause a warning. This type means that it is more diffecult to move wheels round as some system, maybe not all, require the sensors in the tyre to be in close proximity to a reciever near each wheel. I suspect the Kamiq has an indirect system, as is fitted to my Karoq. This system, as stated, worksfrom the individual ABS sensors in each wheel. When first initiallised, the TPMS system learns how fast each wheel is rotating in comparison to the others. After it has done this, it continuously monitors for a wheel rotating outside the system limits. It can't be too sensitive, otherwise there would be a warning evry time the car went round a corner. In my experience a tyre needs to lose 5-8psi before a warning comes up. This type will not warn of a blow-out, or a flat tyre overnight as the car must be moving to register. If there is a fault in the system it may give an ABS warning as well. This system allows whells to be 'rotated' with no issues. Restoring correct pressure without reinitiallising the system will not usually cancel the dash warning.