Everything posted by Edela
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
Are you set up as a main user in the car? The process that involves two keys.
-
Things I didn't know about modern Octavias.... 1.) wireless key charging?
There is a spot for the key where it will work even with empty battery. It is not on a charging pad though.
-
Terrible grip on stock VRS
These cars really have terrible traction control on 1st and 2nd gears, imo. No matter the tires, one should be very gentle with gas pedal when start moving. Also I had problem with shocks and that made car more wobbly and unstable, which felt at times like there's no grip. Apart of that, I find stability and handling to be very well. I have exactly the same experience. Terrible on stock Eagle F1, great on Turanza 6. Turanza is quieter as well. But this is very divisive topic here, many would claim exactly the opposite.
-
Flat battery yesterday
I'm not sure that's exactly the case. When car is parked but ignition is on, all 12V consumers are drawing power from HV somehow. I mean, switch on music, fans, etc and you see consumption in the range of 0.5-0.9kWh/h on the VC. Does it bypass 12V battery or does it go through the battery, I don't know. But myself I often sit in the car for long time and as long as ignition is on, it drains HV battery and 12V stays charged.
-
How to find exact spec....
Or, 7 eur for one hour access to eriwn. Enough to download everything related to your car, including it's full spec with codes and descriptions, as well as TPIs, repair manuals, etc.
-
Rear bench seat pressure sensor connector
If you disconnect it, you won't have any warnings. Car won't recognize there is someone sitting there. Whether it affects correct work of airbags, I don't know.
-
Flat battery yesterday
They could have fixed your car instead ffs. Excessive drain of 12V is years old problem and there were solutions rolled out like 2 years ago already. After they applied fixes and changed battery on mine, I had no issues whatsoever, even though I have a habit to sit there and listen to music for hours sometimes. Before that was the same story as yours. All in all, despite cars being obviously flawed, it all comes down to a particular dealer/workshop if you'll have a good experience in the end or not.
-
Flat battery yesterday
Not sure I understand how is this possible, unless you leave your key inside. Mine shuts down when I go away with the key in my pocket, to the point when it becomes annoying, like I want to quickly take smth from the back and everything shuts down in just like 10 seconds.
-
No fluid in hybrid coolant header tank
Push Skoda to contribute as it is a known design flaw. There are people who got it fixed for free or for a fraction of cost after warranty was expired.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Flat battery yesterday
Keep ignition on so everything is powered by HV battery. The biggest drain is KESSY when ignition is off in my experience. Even if not sitting in the car, just walking around it a lot with the key in the pocket leads to 12V warnings when starting it up again. The battery is in the back on the left side. It is covered by a lid in the boot floor, but you see contacts and cables going out. Though it is not supposed to be charged over there, you have terminals under the bonnet exactly for that.
-
Octavia vRS FL first impressions
Had FL as a rental for a week not so long ago. Though from PHEV to gasoline is not fair comparison, still I'd say I like my pre-FL more. Was not impressed by anything in FL, especially by its big infotainment screen. Feels weird, like the screen is bigger but everything is smaller on it, so go hit that tiny button when you need it... As well, certain functions did not work (classical "function is currently not available" message) and infotainment went black twice until car was restarted. Beyond me how these things still happen after they had 4 years to solve exactly same issues.
-
Octavia iV mk4 drive modes
I have no other ideas but that your car has wrong SW on it. It happened to me once that after anther SW update made by dealer, they put some ICE version of it on my PHEV car and I had something weird appeared, like Start-Stop on/off button, which PHEVs don't have. I would suggest speaking to another workshop/dealership to see if they can fix that and bring back PHEV related settings.
-
Octavia iV mk4 drive modes
Just out of curiosity, would you post some pictures how it looks like in your car? What Skoda told you is some BS, I'd say.
-
Octavia Electric Tailgate
Sounds like you just have opening limit set, so gate won't open higher. I don't remember how to reset it, but car's manual should have it.
-
Infotainment system switches itself on
Not sure Mk4 owners will suggest anything regarding Mk3. Different hardware, different reasons for your problems.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Are the updates free
They are free only if required to fix some problem. If all works well, dealers won't update anything for free.
-
New Octavia - Strange virtual cockpit
Then idk. I had FL car as a rental for a week, it had way more options to select from. Maybe depends on configuration of the car or the market. Better to ask dealer.
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
Just prolonged my care connect, had no notifications that it is going to stop working in 2026. It was only cheaper for some reason. My car is early 2020. Who knows, Skoda may throw out a surprise later still.
-
New Octavia - Strange virtual cockpit
Looks like FL car. On the right site of the steering wheel (may be different side in UK and AUS) use arrows to the left to change layout of speedometer and tacho, to the right to go through different modes of background (navigation, lane assist, etc), and scroll to select different options of what is shown in the middle, like changing between consumption values or similar.
-
Infotainment System Clicking And Variously Cycling Through Boot Screen / Carplay / App / Etc
Be prepared that they will first update software and tell you all is fixed, just for the problem to come back later. Perhaps worth speaking to technician to ask to consider swapping the screen right away, since the issue is quite known for these cars. Any version of screen below H49 is having this issue sooner or later. Good luck!
-
Infotainment System Clicking And Variously Cycling Through Boot Screen / Carplay / App / Etc
You need a new screen. 1300 + VAT + work if out of warranty. Known issue so there is a chance Skoda will cover at least part of it. No SW updates will solve this. Until it is fixed you can pull infotainment fuse for the night to protect your battery. It is fuse nr 30 if I remember correctly.
-
Whats the most up-to-date software?
In my case they tracked it down to antenna and are changing it. I've seen others here mentioning the same. There are no SW updates without a diagnostic first. It should have been included in those 250 you paid. Furthermore, since you paid for a solution which did not work out, they should diagnose it again for free. Just simple common sense, and at least in EU that would be unlawful to do otherwise. On the same note, when I had a weird electrical issue, I went to another workshop (though the same dealer chain) and there another technician just sat down with me with the full print from diagnostics, showing all data for all modules in the car and a bunch of other stuff. Not an expert to say what exactly there was, but such a heap of papers. So he showed me what he did not like and what was updated. I mean, it is extremely rare and I had such experience for the first time, but yet thorough approach is possible and perhaps everyone should insist on having the same. Usually it is difficult to get beyond reception folks, who are always clueless, but still...
-
Infotainment Not Responding
FL models have another hardware and different screens. I doubt anyone here had already any experience with fixing them. So what I said above is applicable only to older models. Though I think 03.2024 is still pre-FL, hope someone could enlighten us on that.