Skip to content

Edela

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Edela

  1. It is not the first time. Back on 1896 there was an OTA coming, which was not even SW version update but something minor, which caused infotainment to reboot all the time.
  2. There was someone from UK with similar issue. @TheWanderer was it you?
  3. Spend some time browsing forums here, you will see that experience varies a lot between cars, dealers and countries. I'm from Spain, bought my 2020 car as second hand with low mileage from dealer, thought car would be nice since it was still covered with warranty. Couldn't be further from truth, car was a total disaster first 2 years of me owning it. But there are lot of folks who never heard of any problems or, who were able to fix them effortlessly. So YMMV. Regarding updates. Outstanding service campaigns are applied during routine maintenance, such as 90V7, for example, which specifically addressed parasitic drain. But anything outside of service campaigns is being dealt with on case by case basis and only after specific complaints. In my case I still experienced problems with 12V discharge after that service campaign measures applied. Dealer was willing to help, but only strictly following their procedures, meaning one small step at a time. In the end they replaced the battery (apparently pretty much all early cars had them faulty) and applied multiple FW updates for various modules in the car which solved all issues I had, but it took me many many trips to workshops and quite some headache. Also I think I was just happy to finally stumble on a technician who really dived into the case and was willing to resolve it. You will see that too many people tell stories how they are only being charged for diagnostics and told there are no problems, only for the problems to reappear right away. Also at least here in Spain as long as car is serviced in official workshops, the roadside assistance from Skoda is free. I found out that if car is towed by said assistance, problems are dealt with way faster and more efficiently. I guess because it is then observed by the importer who is managing roadside assistance service.
  4. Voltage drop in 12V circuit is the most common reason for such behavior. You'll need to check battery, and since it is a 2021 car, make sure all updates to 12V system were applied. Early cars are known for parasitic drain of 12V battery and various issues with keeping it charged.
  5. They removed it from Skoda app as well for about 2 years for no reason. Reappeared very recently and was announced as a new feature lol.
  6. Anywhere from 22 to 40 miles, depending a lot on the circumstances. Hilly city driving with lots of speed bumps in winter for the lowest range to chill countryside in summer at speeds around 56 mph for the highest.
  7. 15.3.653834 solved the issue.
  8. What do you mean by that? The car is constantly connected and is accessible online.
  9. If they follow the same approach as with pre-FL cars, which I think they do, there will never be an update available for you unless you come with some specific issue, for which update is prescribed.
  10. Installed yesterday 15.2.653624, issue is still there.
  11. There is another update for AA available today. Hopefully this one will fix stuff. You may find complaints about that from people driving other cars as well, so Skoda has nothing to do with that.
  12. Unfortunately, that did not help.
  13. Android Auto updated a week ago, apparently. I think the issue lies there.
  14. Yeah also got it since a week ago. Though I had no updates to the car nor to the phone.
  15. Are they replacing screen or MIB though? Cause on my car they were replacing MIB at first but issue is not there, the screen should be H49.
  16. Mine is PHEV. Though all cars regardless the engine have the same issues with 12V system, you'll see many topics on this forum about that.
  17. Service campaign my car had was 90V7, specifically for parasitic drain. For the firmware, unfortunately I don't know the details. Tech told me he flashed three gateways with new FW at the time, but that's all I know. Had no 12V issues since then.
  18. Yes, there were service campaigns addressing that, as well as some firmware updates available on demand. Authorized workshop should get it sorted.
  19. Isn't it standard phrase they are trained to say? Cause that's what people mostly hear from them, even about the most mundane and common issues.
  20. Wow, there's a lot of these cars still in the wild...
  21. I have this thing and it drives me nuts. I can't reproduce it intentionally, so every time I go to a workshop, they don't hear anything and thus don't fix anything. It is not a boot lid (it was fixed on my car), not a rear seats latch (fixed myself), but otherwise I have no idea what it is and it feels like coming from suspension indeed.
  22. I feel you. I do trips of anywhere between 7k and 9.5k every year and just came back from another one two days ago. This car is the least reliable car I ever had, but surprisingly, it never failed during long trips. Some bugs and glitches yes, but nothing that simple reboot wouldn't solve. On the other hand, just commuting daily within my town I had all the possible problems. So really mixed feelings about this car. But for sure, won't keep it a single day after warranty is over.
  23. You keep repeating 48V, but I think you are confusing PHEV and mHEV. The battery is 350V here.
  24. It is charged while HV battery is charged. For sure battery is defected, as many were. Many of us here went through this. It comes to a multiple fw updates for ECUs and battery replacement. For most of us, that was the final solution. So no, PHEVs as they are not a problem as long as all fw problems are sorted and as long as you don't get that covid battery, which were sitting on a factory lot for a year. Still, some folks were saying it did not help them, which made me think their workshops did not update everything they had to.
  25. Mine had this issue, it would not discharge battery even overnight, not even mention in 10 minutes like in OP's case. Octavias are actually known to become completely dead when voltage drops, with no prior warning. Been there myself. @Octawia can't really think what could be wrong in your case apart of defective battery, which coincidentally died at exactly this moment after being loaded by central lock. Does not seem too probable, but again, tons of cars with defective batteries out there, and I can't think so far of another explanation. I would check battery voltage first thing. Also, it is not such a big of a problem to tow the car from underground, unless it is some extremely tight spot. Pickup truck picks the front, rollers under the rear wheels and here we go.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.