Skip to content

Edela

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Edela

  1. There are topics about removing screen. However, there are also topics which may suggest that your issue is software related. Did you have OTA update recently after which it stopped working?
  2. It is supposed to read signs. However mine, if there is no map coverage for the area, like if it is a newly built road, just pops error every few minutes that sign recognition does not work. So without GPS it won't read anything.
  3. What @Giannis20 is describing is what many people had after OTA update to 1989. Looks like it is not about O3A8 at all, or a combination of these two softwares creates the problem. I would bring it to Skoda and blame O3A8 anyway.
  4. Depends what you call a limp mode. If just releasing brake and let it crawl slowly, some stuttering or shaking is normal for these gearboxes. I don't have it though, others have a lot.
  5. You ain't seen nothing yet. Those being long enough with the car remember famous SW 1896, which was prompting an OTA update and, if installed, it sent infotainment in reboot loop with no cure, other than reinstalling SW itself.
  6. Yes. Yesterday I rebooted infotainment for another reason, but it seemed to stop update prompt as well.
  7. On non-VRS I have managed to reach it through the part of the bumper where exhaust pipe is located, there is some space to get in. But i have thin hands, not sure everyone could do this.
  8. Sorry to bring it to you, but VW and Skoda are pretty much the same cars, sharing all the same problems. VW is a bit faster to roll out SW updates, but until all is updated, issues are the same. Also, Skoda is not cheap anymore.
  9. Indeed, I forgot about S regime. It allows to go one gear down, so should be enough to get over 3000 rpm on motorway. Not giving full control though, not on regular PHEV at least. Only allows one gear down and only one gear up if rpm is high enough.
  10. I guess it does not apply to PHEVs, does it? I can't think of how I could control engine rpm on PHEV.
  11. Just to make it clear, standard manufacturer warranty in Spain is 2 years. You have option to extend it up to 5 years when buying a car, or when 2 years is finishing. If you choose to extend it past whatever amount of years you got when you bought a car, you may keep extending it up to 9 years for a reasonable price. After 5 years it is downgraded one step below manufacturers (and frankly, I could not get a clear answer from workshop nor from reading contract what the difference is), or you choose lowest coverage, which is main components coverage, for even smaller price. Again, list of these "main components" is so long that I struggle to understand what it does not cover.
  12. Manufacturer's 5 years, then it is downgraded in coverage, but still covers pretty much everything. Here in Spain I'm on 6th year of warranty currently.
  13. Idk if it is different in UK, but in Europe Skoda does 9 years extended warranty.
  14. Had this twice due to faulty 12V battery. But could be an issue with ABS sensors as well.
  15. Call workshop, they can make it right away. It happened to me a few more times they were forgetting to switch it off.
  16. If they properly diagnosed 48V battery then no further questions. If they just quickly checked logs and seen 48V errors, but did not investigate properly what triggered them, then idk. Knowing Skoda techs nowadays I would not trust they dived deep, unless perhaps they could present printout of 48V battery test to support their claim? Like in my case I had gearbox failure and electric drive failure, and that was what was left in errors logs. But the cause was unstable voltage in 12V system.
  17. Isn't 48V battery too small to have separate modules at all? Frankly, I don't know anything about these mild hybrids, but following logic of various failures on PHEVs I would start with proper diagnostic and possibly replacement of 12V battery first. All these 2020-2024 cars are known for 12V issues and a bunch of faulty 12V batteries.
  18. Workshop told me it was battery fault. Perhaps helped that it wasn't the first issue I had related to 12V, so they finally replaced the battery. FWIW after the battery was replaced I still had issues. No faults, but engine was starting up constantly for no reason. Then another tech in another workshop made full diagnostics and saw some voltage imbalances between different gateways, which led him to a solution. So I'd think if they investigate properly, they will find what caused faults with your gearbox. The problem is usually in workshops they just do quick error codes reading and if they see nothing, they say there's no issue.
  19. Had this on PHEV due to faulty 12V battery. In my case just restarting the car was enough to keep moving.
  20. Achtung! Don't update your AA, cause the same annoying message is back in 15.6.654444.
  21. I think it is just about the speed and steadiness of the drive. There's a circular highway within the city where I live, speed limit is 90. If the road is empty and I'm just cruising at 90 (or a bit faster, you know), this is where I get the maximum range. While city driving is slower, constant acceleration and deceleration eats the range quite significantly.
  22. It is not good info, it is BS. Full net capacity is used and there are no restrictions to charge, unless set specifically in the app. Range is advertised for the net capacity as well, which is about 10kWh. I can get over 60 on one charge easily in good conditions, but may go as low as 30ish in the worst. The consumption figures car draws are also BS. Take what you charged (if your socket shows consumption) and take kilometers driven - that's the actual consumption, and it will be always off from what the car shows.
  23. I had a few times that radiator fan went crazy for no reason, but turning off car and back on solved it every time. Happened when driving in e-mode only. Since heat from HV system is disposed via AC dispenser, I would check first if you have correct level of coolant in HV cooling circuit and that all pumps are working. Otherwise, maybe pulling a bunch of fuses to reboot whatever is related. I don't know really, hope you'll find a solution and will tell us what it was.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.