Everything posted by sussamb
-
Aero inserts on 19” Alloys
Tweezers should be there, at least they were on my wifes car
-
Number of connected phones
My Kamiq has the Bolero infotainment system. Anyone know how many mobile phones can be connected in total?
-
Skoda Kamiq Facelift
Really? In that case you'd need to take your eye off the road to turn a dial. If you learn where they are it's like all buttons, reach and press.
-
Skoda Kamiq Facelift
Ah ok, @SurreyJohnposted differently
-
Skoda Kamiq Facelift
My 2022 Kamiq does have rotary controls for temperature, what it really misses is one for the fan speed!
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Correct but I'm sure @carefree didn't mean anything but that for red lights
-
Cambelt change necessary after 5 years?
Not seen one
-
Rattles and Creaks
I keep a spare pair of glasses in the overhead cubby hole, doesn't rattle though.
-
Considering a 2020 Kamiq 1.0 TSI SE L DSG - anything to be aware of?
Couldn't agree more. I test drove both before I ordered the 1.5, it's way above the 1.0 in terms of performance and very happy with the mileage, better fuel economy and as quick as the Ford Focus it replaced which had another 30 bhp under the bonnet, partly I suspect due to the 7 speed box rather than the 6 gears of the Focus
-
Skoda Connect - worth it?
It's in settings
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Various, couple of different 4x4s when it snowed, mainly volvos otherwise.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Ten years in the ambulance service, last 3 years single crewed on a rapid response car plus a spell teaching blue light driving.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Except as you'll know, just like every driver on the road, skill levels vary from basic driver up to advanced drivers at various skill levels. Not all therefore drive with the same skill set. And agreed, lane assist isn't dangerous. I still switch it off though.
- Keyfob battery flat - start car ?
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Well that's a whole new topic, and we then get into the different grades of blue light drivers 😁
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Because we're getting too deep into driving techniques etc. You're clearly happy using Lane assist which is fine. Equally I'm not so I won't. Between the 2 views there will be lots of other takes on it. The topic is Lane assist is dangerous, which I think we'd both agree it isn't by itself.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Very true but we're getting well off topic now 😁
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Yes fair point but I can understand why many don't like it and turn it off.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
True but it's taught to ensure there is an awareness of what is happening. Too easy to indicate on every possible occasion.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
We're taught not to over indicate. There is no point in indicating if no one will benefit from an indication. That's not of course to say that every police etc driver gets it correct, just like many drivers don't.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Ah well my I passed my last blue light assessment easily so suspect I'm a few 'test resits' ahead of you. Just a shame every driver on the road isn't reassessed regularly, might have saved me having to deal with so many accidents/injuries/deaths
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Well I'm not going to get in a tit for tat with you over my driving ability suffice to say it's at a high standard due to numerous advanced, including blue light, driving courses that I've done over the years. The fact is when I cross a white line I intend to do it and in many cases an indication isn't required. I therefore turn lane assist off as I don't want my car telling me it thinks I'm doing something wrong. Equally I'm content to know that the way I drive saves more fuel than stop/start ever could, at idle a car uses only a minute amount of fuel. Equally if I know I'm going to be stopped for a reasonable amount of time I do what I've done for years, I turn my engine off.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Funnily enough I've driven for over 40 years and never unintentionally driven over white lines unless I intended to. I also save way more in fuel etc by my manner of driving than stop/start could ever hope to match
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Afraid I disagree. In what way does either serve a useful purpose?
-
Hi all new to this. Got a skoda karoq 2.0lt tdi 4x4 and noticed a noise coming from it when it's ticking over
Diesel engine ticking over