Everything posted by Awesam
-
Superb MK3 Headlight Distance
not sure if this helps but I'll in Glasgow at the end of month and could bring my laptop and vcds cable to sort it. I did the basic settings within 2 minutes after reading it on the obd11 forum or go back to the Indy and get them to do it via the control module, I can send over the steps, max they should charge is an hours labour at most!
-
Poor headlight range MK3 Superb
Happy to help out anyone in the midlands.
-
Superb MK3 Headlight Distance
So my range was short aswell and I've just used OBD11 and activated basic settings in the control module and that has seems to have worked!
-
Poor headlight range MK3 Superb
Can confirm that the range back to normal, wasn't too sure if they were too high however no has flashed me yet so I'm assuming its ok!
-
Poor headlight range MK3 Superb
Amazon sell it or buy direct OBDeleven I've got the Pro pack, here the difference: BASIC FEATURES One-Click applications Full scan Automatic vehicle identification from VIN Reading / clear trouble codes from all control units Reading information about the control unit Diagnostic data log sharing via email Battery status History of connected cars Engine, Equipment, and fault code lookup Advanced control unit information Live data Charts (in development) Gauges (in development) Sub control units information Vehicle information User manuals (in development) Manuals developer (in development) Garage Car backup and programming history Output test MORE WITH PRO Coding / Long coding Coding II (in development) Sub control units coding Diagnostic service change Control unit reset (UDS) Login finder (in development) Security access Security database Adaptation / Long adaptation Trouble code Freeze frame Basic settings Gateway auto code (in development) Gateway installation list coding Coding/Long coding/Adaptation labels development (in development) Live data labels development (in development) Control unit backup EEPROM (in development)
-
Poor headlight range MK3 Superb
So my range was short aswell and I've just used OBD11 and activated basic settings in the control module and that has seems to have worked!
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Very nice! One of the best coil overs, I would slight better than my B16's! The best one I would say for ride comfort are the KW V3
-
Engine failure: Gudgeon/wrist pin snapping
It's a CJXA. The only other thing it could be due to a poor remap?
-
Engine failure: Gudgeon/wrist pin snapping
Its outside its warranty period. I'm thinking maybe it was over revved whilst stationary.
-
Engine failure: Gudgeon/wrist pin snapping
it's happened to friends engine, one rod has come out the back of the block into the transfer box and another out the front. It was on stand still, idling!
-
Engine failure: Gudgeon/wrist pin snapping
Does anyone know or experienced this type of engine failure?
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
yeap went over some raised iron works at a roundabout where they are doing some roadworks. Just positioned the car incorrectly and wasnt expectating to get caught. I'm hoping there is no damage to the turbo as i managed to get home. It was the flex of the downpipe which saved it all from complete annihilation! It's complete rebuild from the turbo back! DKU are going salvage as much as possible however its not going to be much and do as much as they can to trim the cost. Can't ask fairer than that!
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
!
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
😭
-
Superb Mk3 EPC and faults - Advice needed
This is from a cold start and whilst idling or try too!
-
H8 LED fog replacement bulbs (without dash warnings)
I bought these from Amazon and they are spot on. NOVSIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 55W/Pair 10000LM 6000K 1:1 Mini Design Car Replacement Lights of Halogen and Xenon Kit 2 Lamps
-
Superb Mk3 EPC and faults - Advice needed
I've had these errors come up this morning as I tried to start up this morning! I am stumped as the Coilpacks and Sparkplugs are failry new and have done a maximum of 2500 miles. I swapped the coilpacks and took out the plugs cleaned them and swapped them around aswell, good thing is that it started however as i drove it round the corner it started misfiring again. I'm hoping at worst it could be an injector or 2.
-
Anyone had a remap 280 4x4 ?
If you are in OZ then UGP (Underground Performance) is one of the top tuners who had some great results with the Superb!
-
Anyone had a remap 280 4x4 ?
Choose your tuner wisely as that's what makes the difference. If you are not planning to go more than stg1 then Revo is very good options with minimum fuss - AKS Tuning would definitely be at the top of my list if it was Revo or for a TVS DSG map. I stupidly have gone straight to stage 3 and hastily had a map done from a tuner who is very credible however hasn't tuned a Superb before so didnt get great results. I'm in the process of getting a refund as the map didnt deliver and taking it to Devil Developments as I have an L500 turbo and they've asked me to leave with them for 5 days as they havent tuned a Superb before! Top custom tuners are Unicorn, Devil Developments, Ecotune, MRC, VRS Performance if you are planning for Stg2/3 - As far Im aware only MRC and Ecotune have managed to tune the Superb to its full potential with a hybrid turbo
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
MPI as in new Bosch Injectors? is that to allow you to run E85? Would you also upgrade the LPFP? I'm loving the B16 Damptronic kit.
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Sorry to hear that! Did you give it a carbon clean whilst you had access to the intake manifold? Rear rotors look great! Definitely need to drop it!
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
it is however the turbo is capable of more! So deciding whether or not to take it to another tuner to reach its potential! Ideally would have like to see at least 470bhp. Taking it today for some extra dyno runs and a smoke test to see why the original tuner didn't push it even though the part installed were more than capable.
-
flappy paddles
I'm assuming thats a generic pic as can't i see the paddle shifts! thats nice though.
-
flappy paddles
Ideally would like to get a steering wheel the paddle shift, does anyone the part number? Ideally the flat bottom one!
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
Final result are not great! its a safe tune! What I was the intake temp was c 50 degree and the Dyno cell was mid 30 degrees. Test005 is all mods without the 4 bar MAP/PUT sensor, Test006 is with Meth! However the car does pull like a train however ive been told that a car with a standard IS38 with a good stg2 tune would be faster! Seems like there aren't many tuners who can achieve a good tune with the Superb! So as I can tell depending on the turbo of course its, Ecotune, JBS (Chesterfield) and MRC. Im going to get some additional dyno runs and a smoke test done to under why it couldnt be tune its potential!