Everything posted by Awesam
-
EVC Throttle Controller - Great upgrade
😆 Put it this way, you run out of road very quickly! That's decent gains from a plug n play chip! I've got to say the Throttle Controller had made me want to drive the car a lot more, at first I thought it was my tuning that at was fault. I have it set at Ultimate 1 and its brilliant. Most people set at U2 , it goes all the way to U9! After my few mishaps last year I'm so glad that the car is coming to together nicely, just a few bits to be now.
-
EVC Throttle Controller - Great upgrade
Did you buy this from the classifieds? if you did that was a bargain!
-
EVC Throttle Controller - Great upgrade
Even with a standard engine it will improve the throttle response vastly.
-
EVC Throttle Controller - Great upgrade
So recently purchased one of these and it has made such a huge difference in how the car response now and has improved the driveability of the Superb. Throttle should have been this responsive from the factory, mines is a 2015 280 L&K tuned to stage 3 and it compliments the low boost map in comfort/normal modes now.
-
***Sold*** - Skoda Superb 280 Estate Sportline DSG for sale
Lovely example, To bad I have one already ! 😁
-
Maybe in the market for a 4x4 estate – but are there any pitfalls?
If anyone got charged £700 to fix that fault they were robbed! https://www.akstuning.co.uk/shop/home/1770-genuine-dq250-dsg-parking-brake-fault-fix-3q0713128.html Part is around £100 and Labour should no more than 1 to 1.5hrsmax. As for the squeaky front bushes completely agree however you upgrade them to the TTRS ones then that solves that.
-
Maybe in the market for a 4x4 estate – but are there any pitfalls?
Main/Common issues to look out for are: Waterpump/Thermostat housing leak - c £500 - £700 to fix DCC Shock absorbers misting - c £1200 - £1500 to fix
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I've been told even though there is a hose pipe ban, you can still use a water can! Old School bucket wash!
-
Bilstein B6 DCC shock absorbers available at last
I was just in Singapore last week! Could have met up ! Spot on with your comparison of the KW, I would say that the KW V3 are by far the best coilovers for performance and comfort. I'm running B16's and the rear are way too low - I don't think an AWD spring will help raise it, However I managed to buy some rear bushes which are compatible for the B16 coilovers which should raise it between 5mm - 10mm.
-
The 280PS Thread
Im running a stg3 ECU & TCU tune, my torque is 422 ft lbs which 572.16 NM so I can tell those figures are conversative! Also from TVS Engineering, who are the best DSG tuner globally.
-
MK3 Octavia Chassis Brace Kit
As Legion said, you are better off with a front strut brace and probably a rear K brace if you want to add rigidity. Also upgrading the anti-roll bars helps massively aswell.
-
The 280PS Thread
I've found it to great to help me stay awake on long drives to Scotland.
-
Front bumper part number
It was for a brand one, a. 2nd hand one could easier be bought for £100.
-
Front bumper part number
I was quoted £500 to paint and refit the a new bumper which including transferring the Sensor brackets. A brand new bumper is c £600 - £700 from the dealers! There is one on Ebay for £400 with washjet nozzles but will need the sensors holes drilled and bracket put in and painted.
-
Soundproofing?
So I've just sounden the boot area and underneath the rear seat in a 2 stage process and I can happily report that it eliminates 80 - 85% of the road noise. I was planning to do the rear doors and wheel arch liner however I hold off until Ive tested on the Motorway. I used 2mm Silent Coat sound deadening then 8mm Noico Red closed-cell polyethylene foam. I'm on 18" wheels and the noise is mostly likely going to increase if you are on 19"s
-
How to enable Aux input
Maybe he's going old skool! Attaching a cassette deck/walk man after watching Stranger Things!
-
How to enable Aux input
Yeap that's how you doing it! so it cycles through CD, Bluetooth, Aux
-
Front bumper part number
Yes completely agree and its definitely my wording! I would hope that the Bodyshop use the proper tool to create the PDC holes.
-
Front bumper part number
On ebay the part number will usually be 3V0807221, you will have to determine which is best suited for your needs. A good bodyshop should be able to drill out the extra PDC holes if you have park-assist and take the brackets from the old bumper. There is also part number 3V0807218, which is most cases doesn't have the washer jet housing bracket
-
Gandalf's Evolution
I will attempt the Grill surround first, If I can master it then I will tackle the window trims and then the roof rails!
-
Remap of my 2017 Skoda 190 4x4 DSG- My thoughts
I did via OBD11 I did notice difference but nothing great! Also on the topic, Just go for a generic stage 1 map from REVO or OEM+, especially they been the most established.
-
Gandalf's Evolution
Have you tried Plastidip paint? We need a tutorial on how to apply the vinyl!! Also are you going to do the window trim aswell?
-
Thoughts on this Superb 280?
Lovely colour! Outside looks immuculate however the driver seat bolster is starting to look tired and the boot has been well used by the looks of the scuff marks. This a few extra's for a Sportline by the looks of it, bonus! - Heated Windscreen - Sunroof Overall seems like a good example. If you go for it then make sure they change the waterpump and thermostat housing as thats is a common failure.
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Lol I think you should just do a DAZA engine and DQ500 conversion as a compromise! 🤣🤣
-
6" to 8" display upgrade
I do like the look of the 9.2" screen.