Cheap Ebay Alternative to MFD2 installed.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look here :

http://www.octavia-vrs.com/images/images/mfd2/stream_pinouts.jpg

You can get a switched live from CDC connection, pin CDC (with a switch image below it). That pin gives +12v out when the radio is turned on.

I connected the blue wire of the booster to the grey wire coming from the pin, in the attached picture, indicated by the arrow but its still not made any difference Radio signal is still poor. Is this the right place for switched live??

If not any help appreciated, cheers.

25593.attach

I bought the witson 782s...I can watch tv when i drive but i can't watch DVD...I have to engage the handbrake and turn on the main (key) switch (light up the control lights) or to turn off the switch and open the door !!!! ANY IDEAS???

I want to ask one more question...can we watch video files (avi ,mpeg etc ) from sdcard ?? or usb stick ?? thanks....

I bought the witson 782s...I can watch tv when i drive but i can't watch DVD...I have to engage the handbrake and turn on the main (key) switch (light up the control lights) or to turn off the switch and open the door !!!! ANY IDEAS???

I want to ask one more question...can we watch video files (avi ,mpeg etc ) from sdcard ?? or usb stick ?? thanks....

Because you shouldnt be watching tv or DVD when you're driving maybe? thats the most stupid thing i've heard in a while, incredibly dangerous.

Because you shouldnt be watching tv or DVD when you're driving maybe? thats the most stupid thing i've heard in a while, incredibly dangerous.

And you will loose your licence for 12 months if caught, stick to the radio and sat nav only when moving

I can't watch TV or DVD when I drive, I have to turn the key and engage the handbrake. Please let me know how you managed to watch TV...

Thanks.

I received my 782s and now i have some problems:

-if the light is switched on the is a buzzing sound

-all time the navi try to start, i see the main menu or another menu only a few seconds

-igo8 can't use 480_234 resolution because the is no part in my data.zip only 400_240

So i need some help.

many thanks

Hi!

Just recieve my 782 yesterday and I have same problems as thor88 with the buzzing sound when lights are on and navi popups after few seconds. Any ideas?

DVD picture is rubbich.

But IGO8 works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little thing that Zenec, dany-red.

My problems with d782 are still unsolved. DVD picture is totally **** and mp3 and other music cd sounds like Disneys chipmunks. Only thing that works is Igo8 and radio without RDS. Witson helpdesk does not now why the unit does these things. But anyway now the seller made me an offer that I could change that unit to D780 and I would be pleased of that. Tomorrow will send d782 back to UK and then wait another unit next few months,

Let's see how it's goes-

Does anyone been problems with d780?

I give you news about new "all in one" units. :singer:

Please, see this one that will be ready next 2nd quarter 2009.

Zenec - Touch another World : ZE-NC5602 für SKODA Octavia II

This model is similar to the Witson W2-D782S but software is on another world! I want it:P

Very nice, but how much will they be:confused:

Hi

I decided I wanted to get ipod connection and bluetooth into my octy sport. I looked at various options and decided a new head unit would be best as I have the audience CD player.

In the end I went for one of these mainly because of the OEM look.

T720V DVD Player GPS for VOLKSWAGEN SAGITAR/MAGOTAN on eBay, also DVD VCD Players, DVD Players Monitors, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Jun-08 22:00:01 BST)

Anyway the seller was very good got it for less than advertised and was with me 8 days after ordering.

Heres some photos of it installed.

22062008218.jpg

22062008219.jpg

22062008220.jpg

22062008221.jpg

22062008222.jpg

Installation was plug and go really the hardest part is finding room at the back for the quad lock and cables.

The actually build quality of the unit is excellent and the plastic has a soft touch feel.

The menu system is basic and doesn't look great but it works so you cant argue at the price. Here are the basics of the system

Sat Nav

The seller sold it to me with TomTom which would not run correctly I have since installed IGO8 onto the SD card and this runs great and is as good if not better than TomTom anyway. It quickly picks up sats no problems. You can listen to any of the sources while navigation is on or visa versa

Ipod

The menu is again basic but the overall control of the ipod is good. The sound quality is fantastic which is the main thing. Only niggle is if you get a call through or switch the engine off then it resets the Ipod to the menu again.

Bluetooth

The bluetooth worked actually better than I anticipated. The major problem with this is the mic is on the left hand side so you do tend to have to raise your voice to be heard but you can hear the caller clearly. The system does not pair up the phone book and as far as I know only 1 phone can be paired.

Radio

The reception is as good as the audience was. Menu again is the weak point but its easy to use.

DVD

The playback is great picture quality and sound is fantastic again menu's are basic. The unit will play Xvid files no problems.

I never installed any of the reverse cameras that can be installed as my main criteria was ipod/phone/sat nav.

Overall I'm very happy with the unit and at the price I paid £350 inc delivery I think its a bargain. There are a few people in Australia trying to improve the firmware of the unit which can only help. The manufacturer now produces a skoda version

ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD. which would be even better.

If any one cant stretch to the Columbus I would definitely consider one of these units.

Does anyone know of a link where instructions of the sat nav part on this unit might be.

I'd like to know it inside out.

Thanks

Mick :thumbup:

Does anyone know of a link where instructions of the sat nav part on this unit might be.

I'd like to know it inside out.

Thanks

Mick :thumbup:

Anyone?:eek:

Anyone?:eek:

It only provides the platform (WinCE 5.0) to launch your choice of Satnav software from mate. It then has a button that's mapped back to the .exe file that kicks off the chosen software (not sure how geeky you want me to get) It uses a "mouse" style GPS antenna just like the VAG unit's (MFD2 etc)

In theory, any Navigation software designed for PNA devices will work on this unit, but IGO8 works 100% in practice and supports the witsons native screen resolution.

Think of the Witson as not being a true head unit, but somewhere between a head unit and a carputer and you have got it sussed. It's basically a Head unit shaped PDA for want of a better expression.

So, I don't think anyone can answer the question directly, because the answer actually lies in the manual of whatever Nav software you buy (or acquire) and install.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm..........very interesting thread, this. I hope you don'y mind my contribution....I have just bought one of these:-

(just search under item number 220322186428)

There were two for sale but they have now gone.

I have been communicating with the guy a lot, about tom tom probs, fitting, connections etc, fascia panel etc etc. I hope I have not been 'had over' but it seemed very much above board to me. I am waiting for it to arrive. If readers wish I can update with my experiences with it

Tom

It only provides the platform (WinCE 5.0) to launch your choice of Satnav software from mate. It then has a button that's mapped back to the .exe file that kicks off the chosen software (not sure how geeky you want me to get) It uses a "mouse" style GPS antenna just like the VAG unit's (MFD2 etc)

In theory, any Navigation software designed for PNA devices will work on this unit, but IGO8 works 100% in practice and supports the witsons native screen resolution.

Think of the Witson as not being a true head unit, but somewhere between a head unit and a carputer and you have got it sussed. It's basically a Head unit shaped PDA for want of a better expression.

So, I don't think anyone can answer the question directly, because the answer actually lies in the manual of whatever Nav software you buy (or acquire) and install.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply but after reading this I'm more confused now than before;)

I am very much interested in a new headunit like the one you talk about in the thread.

I must have RDS though, anything else would be irritating for me.

Do you have an overview of which units that has RDS?

is it only the Columbus RNS 510 and MFD3 that has RDS?

Hello,

I am new on this forum.

I hav e a question regarding the fascia on the pictures you posted.

I bought an aftermarket MFD2 for my octavia '08, but in Holland you can't buy such a fascia. Do youknow where i can buy it online?

Best regards,

Remco

Any one here any good with electronics?

Im planning a mod to the mic on my unit. My plan is to desolder the two wires to the internal mic and then solder on a mono 3.5mm jack. I have brought a Nokia HFM-8 mic of Ebay to use as a replacement. The nokia jack is 2.5mm so I will need a convertor from the 3.5mm to the 2.5mm. The reason I have gone for 3.5mm is as most microhpones are this size so If the nokia dont work I can easily try another. Im not much of an electronics wizard so I wondered if anyone knows if this will work? The inbuilt mic is just too far away and most people I phone cant hear me.

This is the wiring to the built in mic.

09082008364.jpg

Can anyone help?

hello,how is your units mic,its now working ore what