The real Octy facelift!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great - apart from the wood!

My L&K is about up for renewal, so I might look at one of these. But if wood was an L&K standard, I honestly don't think I could live with that.

Anyone know from other Skoda models whether such horrible 70's wooden trims are optional for a particular model, or are they likely to be the standard.

But that mint green really is mint!

Neil

octy-facelift-rear-quarter.jpg

I really like the restyled relight clusters. Subtle but effective changes.

Bet that one's either been Photoshopped or has several bags of cement in the boot. No way the ride height will be that low in reality!

A prize for the first person to find out if the new grille fits the current model?

I'm so glad I held off buying a month or so back and waited for this facelift. I love the lot (except the wood!). Now what will Skoda do with the pricing I wonder, the impact of the credit crunch and the fact that this is 'only' a facelift would make you think that pricing will not change from the current model, I certainly hope that's the case! I'm just waiting now to see what offers Skoda will come up with, back to 0% finance, keep the free upgrade or something else. And of course whether the large discounts available on the current model will be maintained through to this facelift.

Now, Pearl Black or Anthracite Grey, DSG or no DSG, decisions, decisions....

do u reckon you can buy the piano black trim from a dealer. i wanna replace carbon effect trim in my 07 L&K

I suppose not, since I've never seen one with it, apart from the German sold edition 100.

I suppose one could sand the finish off his own down, then primer them and paint them with high gloss black for the same effect. As far as I know piano black is done by polishing the wood to a high gloss before laquer and after staining it. Now sure how that works on plastic.

Does anyone know where I can find the pictures of the facelifted OctaviaII now? The french seems to have made a mistake when opening the website earlier, as it is "down" now..

I saw the pics posted on here, but I'm curious, and would like to see more pics : )

Headlights with new functions?

What other function does a headlight do apart from illuminate the road ahead?

And new shapes? ooh today I'll have the beam like an Octagon

Advertising nitpicking aside it still looks like a smart car. The Superbesque styling looks pretty neat.