Driver's door - unidentified button ?

Hi folks,

The driver's side door on our Roomster2 has a button/switch that is a bit of a mystery.

It's just above the door pocket, and the icon looks like it might be related to an alarm or a light. It depicts a car with waves emanating downwards from the roof.

The button appears to be lit when the car is moving, and pressing it doesn't do anything obvious.

Can anyone enlighten me ? (and if it's a case of RTFM, I apologise, I couldn't spot it...)

Thanks,

HF

Hi folks,

The driver's side door on our Roomster2 has a button/switch that is a bit of a mystery.

It's just above the door pocket, and the icon looks like it might be related to an alarm or a light. It depicts a car with waves emanating downwards from the roof.

The button appears to be lit when the car is moving, and pressing it doesn't do anything obvious.

Can anyone enlighten me ? (and if it's a case of RTFM, I apologise, I couldn't spot it...)

Thanks,

HF

Hello , if you refer to those images that i upload . Then :

If you press this button you can disarm the interior scanning of alarm, this case can be usefully if you want for example to leave you dog inside the car for a while but you also need to lock your roomy. ;)

I hope this help you out.

Makis

23069.attach

23070.attach

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this one back up, but I need to check one more thing...

If I press the alarm scan disable button on our Roomster, the red illumination goes out (turns off) when the switch is pressed, but returns immediately once I let go. Is that normal - or should it stay off ?

Thanks,

Si

not sure, but suggest you set it and open close, then lock the driver's door but stay in the car. Wait a short while, then move around; does the alarm go off?

Test the other way; don't press the button. Lock the car with yourself inside. Then move; does the alarm go off?

Over the last few months I've read:

"The foglights seem to come on when I turn the steering wheel."

"Sometimes one side of sidelights comes on when I switch off the engine."

"What's the funny little dial in the glovebox?"

"What's the button on the door?"

The answer would appear to be: "Your car must have come without a manual. Go ask the dealer for one."

Just by way of light relief, can anyone recall any stupider questions? I guess we could all do with a laugh.

John

Over the last few months I've read:

"The fog lights seem to come on when I turn the steering wheel."

"Sometimes one side of sidelights comes on when I switch off the engine."

"What's the funny little dial in the glove box?"

"What's the button on the door?"

The answer would appear to be: "Your car must have come without a manual. Go ask the dealer for one."

Just by way of light relief, can anyone recall any stupider questions? I guess we could all do with a laugh.

John

Sounds like you should start a whole new thread "Stupidest ? spotted" & see how far it gets...

In defense of Hans often the manuals are written in such a way that clarification is useful & THATS WHAT THESE FORUMS ARE FOR!!!

Now RANT over.;)

the manuals are written in such a way that clarification is useful

Then its wise to add 'I've read the manual and am still unsure' after the question.... :thumbup:

M, I'm on another, model railway, forum and someone posted in the general section "What wood do I use for baseboards!" - there was a whole section devoted to baseboards when you look at the Forum Index - think that one might qualify for your award! :)

R T F M

R T F M

R T F M

Beats me how anyone can buy a modern car and drive it safely and intelligently WITHOUT reading the manual.

John (licence dated 1962)

But this is life all over; In my office, other staff are forever asking me questions (I've been there the longest) because they are too lazy to 'read the manual' or equivalent. From time to time I get tee'd off with it and tell them RTM!

Well in that case, I apologise for asking. It seemed like a simple question, I was genuinely looking for help, rather than a rant. I'll try elsewhere.

I learnt something from your question Hans - not that its gonna help me since I don't own a Roomster. Can't you do the same double clicking the remote 'lock' key.

Anyway... what am I doing in this section this with model railway collectors ;) , I best get back to chav section :eek: :D

Come on, no one with any sense reads a manual.

I must be as thick as **** then, because the first thing I did when I got the car home was read the manual. Always has been with all my cars when I've had one supplied with it. :confused:

No, you can't. Double-clicking the remote control disables the interior deadlocks.

I'm sure it switches the motion sensors off on the Fabia - is it not the same for the Roomster? And, where is this elusive 'manual' you speak of, I looked in my glovebox and its full of sweet wrappers and CD's... :(

Hi

My first post. I have a grey 1.6 Roomster Scout Auto bought in January 2008.

I can say that double clicking the key fob DOES disable the internal sensors on my model, I have 2 dogs in the car all the time and never had a problem. The dealer told me about the key. I have never used the button in the door.:thumbup:

Mo

Having just read through this post TBH, does ANY car manufacturer write a manual that everone can understand at 1st time of reading, without having to take the manual out to the car and try the instructions.

Even then things dont always work as decribed as you start to doubt either the book or your abilites follow instructions despite following them several times.

This is where these forums help to clarify given instruction.

What about those people who have difficulty in reading ? Sometimes it is easier & quicker to ask, rather than spending what can be a lot of time decyphering the manual.

Note to those of you who are ranting about stupid questions - Next time you use your manual to check out your car, and it doesnt work , then dont gripe about getting a response of RTFM! yourselves, when posting a question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question if you dont know the answer, Its only stupid if you already do.