WW VRS - Fabia vRS Combi

Tech1e

Suggest you round up a group of wild Brisky members (the usual suspects), provide refreshments plus hand tools and redecorate the parking at work.

I find painting a "1" in front of posted speed limits to be a nice touch....

Little odds and ends done inc

MOT - Done passed no problems

Side light bulb replaced (for above)

Heater cable refitted (damn thing popped off)

Air Con regassed (lovely and cold, brrr)

vRS fuel delivery unit fitted (gauge was working backwards)

Vibra technics dogbone mount removed (too damn stiff, but is an early petrol version).

Rear bumper removed, ready for rear skirt to be fitted up

:)

Excellent stuff Ross. Well done matey.

So close to completion now! :thumbup:

Is this running a stage 2 TD turbo and a superchips map? Or have things moved on since then?

Mine's with Norwich Union - has been since it was increased power. Now Aviva or will be soonish I guess - but the policy allows for modding and all is declared, will just send an update in based on the final list and that should be it :)

Zurich wouldnt touch the Fabia vRS after remap. Pre-remap everything was fitted and it was cheap (relatively). They let me fit everything else without any trouble (incl. hybrid & FMIC), however when I got it mapped, they wouldnt insure it any longer

Add to that Mr Clarke has uncovered the Allards pipe that tried to hide itself :P - so that means EGR delete and the pipe down from there to the FMIC will have the Basil special pipe + fewer bits of hose, and more importantly, no more of the nasty clips that fail :)

Got hold of the last few bits today..

Missing something to go with these but hopefully they will arrive tomorrow thanks to the lovely Sarah at Awesome :)

26022009657.jpg

The missing headlamp washer just finally turned up off of back order so I can at least cover the holes in the bumper and clean the headlamps :)

The weak point is those lovely threaded metal inserts, which rotate into the rubbers if for whatever reason the bolts cease into them - I did buy a torque wrench at some stage though. When I removed the strut off the vRS originally, the bolts were a bit rusty, but came off reasonably well I guess.

I'm sure they'll be fine :D