Briskoda Super Rally Day 12th July

oil

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great, hotel booked, Holiday Inn at Banbury @ £55 which is good.

There is another nice hotel nearby called Ettington Chase in Ettington - its cheaper via Laterooms.com and a bit closer to Gaydon. £75 on there website or a bit cheaper on laterooms.

Hi All,

A quick update:

We are now up to 80+ listed as attending - thanks everyone.

We are delighted to to be able to tell you all that after some detailed discussions with Skoda UK that they are proposing to bring along some new models and some of their vintage collection for everyone to have a look at.

We have worked hard to make the above involvement happen and would really like as many as possible to come along and support us.

The day is for ALL Skoda enthusiasts and there should be something of interest to everyone.

We have a number of the special discount tickets still available - see the link.

If you want to buy one you will need to do so before the end of June as they will not be available on the day.

See you on the 12th.

What time does it start and finish?

I seem to have been stitched up with a relative's birthday meal that day but can get there in the morning and leave for lunch or turn up later in the afternoon. I'm guessing morning's my best bet but it's pointless if nobody will be there till 12!

What time does it start and finish?

I seem to have been stitched up with a relative's birthday meal that day but can get there in the morning and leave for lunch or turn up later in the afternoon. I'm guessing morning's my best bet but it's pointless if nobody will be there till 12!

As it says its an All Day event that means from 9am to 5pm

We will be on site a bit earlier to do some setup etc.

oh and the next one will be further north ;)

Yay! ;)

Really looking forward to this, including the 700+ mile round trip I'll be undertaking :D

It's great news about Skoda UK being there awell, it's promising to be a great event :thumbup:

We'll all have to turn up with showplates on then, if SUK have jumped on the bandwagon ;)

And if suspicious people start asking you what mods you've fitted, say nothing :P

Steve

We'll all have to turn up with showplates on then, if SUK have jumped on the bandwagon ;)

And if suspicious people start asking you what mods you've fitted, say nothing :P

Steve

Unless your car is out of warrenty! :rofl::rofl:

• Administrators

Steve

I personally hope things have moved on since events previously led to this stance. We are enthusiasts of this brand, our motors etc, lets all go forward on that footing. The past is, well behind us, 2009/10, new year and all.

Steve

I sincerely hope that no one goes with any baggage from the past. As Colin has said already.

Skoda UK have not 'jumped' on the bandwagon - they were asked, and believe me that has taken some time to set up, and have responded that they will be sending vehicles along, but there will be little or no personnel in attendance.

They are keen to discuss the future with Colin and how we can work in harmony to the benefit of ALL. I have it on good authority that Briskoda is held in high regard both here in the UK and in the main Skoda factory. - It is our intention to keep that up and move forward.

John

In that case, thanks for the clarification John. I hold no personal grudge, but know some that might. Therefore, it is useful to know on what terms they are in attendance.

As I hope you can see, my post was actually a light-hearted one, hence the use of emoticons.

Steve

without going over 6 pages of what looks like chaos/confusion what are these tickets for and how do i buy one and for what?

Edited by smstext
other question answered via pm many thanks to that person

• Administrators

All the vital information is on the first post. The tickets are, if you wish to go into the museum itself. i.e. all the old cars that are not the skoda cars parked outside.

If you wish to purchase ticket at a reduced price then see the first post. Otherwise on the day, you if you want to go into the museum will pay full price.

Appreciated the reply and hopefully makes it clear for ALL the need to move forward.

Excellent news about Skoda UK's presence at the Rally Day. I can imagine a lot of hard work has gone into getting things to this stage, and whilst I admit my initial thoughts were remarkably similar to Wardy's, it sounds like we have a great opportunity to move forward.

Despite the fact that many people only visit internet forums when they have a problem, or a breakdown, or want to whinge about something, there is still a lot of enthusiasm for the Skoda brand on this site - I myself am on my fourth Skoda and I know of at least four others who have bought Skodas largely based on my recommendation.

I think this enthusiasm is something that Skoda UK can harness if they are prepared to put something back into the site, and support and recognise all the effort that Colin, John and the rest of the moderating team put in.