High mileage Fabias

ScoobyChris

1.4 16v AUB on 95k (ish) and still going well. Sounds rattly as anything when cold put fine when warmed and still pulls well. Lots of work done to rest of car but I think the prevoius owner was taken for a ride! Leaky steering rack but other than that nothing wrong. Very impressed, would buy another.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1.9 TDI Comfort Estate, bought new in April 2002. Total mileage is now 144,000. It has been serviced regularly by a (now ex-) Skoda franchise and still returns 55+ mpg. Only non-routine work done has been:

anti-roll bar at 65,000

new clutch at 90,000

(oh...and the fact (mentioned on here before) that I get through front sidelight bulbs at rate of about one a month!)

The electric windows have been a niggling pain for the last 20,000m or so: refusing to wind up or down smoothly or, sometimes, at all.

And that's all!

I've been so pleased with the car that I've just bought a new 1.9 TDI Elegance Estate (December 2008 - pre-facelift), in the hope that I will be able to get the same sort of wear out of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I thought mine was high mileage - 60k on an '05 vRS but after seeing this thread looks like it's nothing to worry about!

What's all this I'm reading about problems with the clutch pedal "snapping"?

fabia vRS 53 plate, jus clicked 128k. Highest mileage furbie vrs?

Certainly one of highest, although there was a chap on here the other day with >200k on his vrs. Are you still on your original turbo?

04 1.9tdi comfort estate is now at 109K bought it 2 years a go with 50K on it. i'm getting about 56MPG but if i do a long run down back to england i get into the 60's had nothing replaced so far not even pads, but i am 90% motorway use, only have 2 anoying things, 1 there is a squeek under the stearing dash that is a cable that keeps falling down, and 2 when i start the car and turn the lights on they are slightly dim for about 2 mins then a hear a click on the right side of dash (relay?) and then the lights get bright again and fan speeds up.

I love the car, never had such a reliable one, touch wood!

with cars like this can you really class 100K as high millage?

Every car will eventually have bits failing on them with mileage, but if you stay on top of in particular bushes and brake-related enjoyments, plus service as per the book recommendations, they are pretty reliable IMHO :)

• 2 years later...

The mongrel is approaching 100,000 miles in mongrel form. Currently 106.5k miles, and the magic number is 107,360, as the dash read 7,360 when the mongrelling was finished. :)

My actual "car" is somewhere around 160,000 now. I'd need to consult my service book to work it out exactly as all the before & after mileage logs are in there.