Felicia Combi 1.3 - what oil?

42 minutes ago, nta16 said:

So you knew where the power curves and figures were

Mine: Maximun HP at 5513 rpm and maximum torque at 4186 rpm (Dyno)

Stock: 5500 rpm and 3950 rpm (Dyno)

3 hours ago, nta16 said:

a  good quality 10w-50 s y n t h e t i c.

Few options, i will think about it in the next oil change.

2 hours ago, nta16 said:

Total Quartz 15w-50 m i n e r a l

Total describes it as "high performance multi-grade oilor passenger car, designed to exceed recent engine lubrication requirements for mineral engine oils."

When someone says in a topic

It is over.

but keeps posting only to provoke people means one thing:

as a kid he felt from a banana tree or coconut palm, hit his head and now the consequences appear.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nta16 said:

I could not find Premium as a current oil on Eneos Europe's website for a more up to date spec sheet

Check the Typical Properties chart, almost identical.

ENEOS Premium 10W40

https://oilgroupbg.com/pdf/eneos/eneos-premium-10w40.pdf

ENEOS PRO 10W-40 (Premium 10W40)

https://eneoseurope.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/PDS-ENEOS-PRO-10W40-2020.pdf

ENEOS PRO 10W-40

Specifications and Approvals: API SL/CF, ACEA A3/B4, VW 501.01/505.00, MB 229.1

Product Description:

Synthetic engine oil, recommended for a wide range of gasoline and diesel engines. Because of the high viscosity index and the synthetic base stocks, it ensures an excellent cold start with outstanding lubricating film at high temperatures . Thanks to the chosen additive package, it takes care of the trouble-free functioning of the engine. In addition, together with the excellent detergent and dispersant properties, this oil guarantees a clean and reliable engine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Check the Typical Properties chart, almost identical.

Even if the oils are similar at certain points of measure it doesn't mean they are the same let alone near identical but that doesn't matter and you would have to ask the manufacturer or blender about the differences - but both could be appropriate and fine for your car.  Bear in mind the commercial reasons  for changing titles and make up of oils covered before.  It's like tyres the latest version maybe not as good or appropriate to some (or all) as the previous version(s) or it might it might be better.

I've bought and used oils that are not current to the oil manufacturer or blender's website or marketing and sales, much of it is to do with fashion and marketing and sales rather than technical advances or improvements. 

4 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

an excellent cold start with outstanding lubricating film at high temperatures

That covers all good synthetic oils at whatever multigrade.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

And another all too fine cold start

That is exactly how Skoda Felicia cold starts when the owner has no obsessions and nightmares about engine oils and does not all kind of stupid experiments doomed to kill the engine.

The only exception is when the outside temperature is below -10°C. The engine has a deeper, rumbling noise initially, the low oil pressure indicator goes off in a second, the idle is around 1300 rpm for a minute or two then starts to purr at 800 rpm as usual.

Your car works great, Andreas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Groan 1

6 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

And another all too fine cold start

So, this ''compressor style" for you it's the normal Cold Start for a Felicia 1300, me except that days that i had this stupid-monkey 15W-50 i haven't seen it for:

a) The first years that my Felicia was Stock

b) ALL the days that my Felicia is modified

which means my car for 23 years has a problematic Cold Start from Day 1.

According to video that i posted from my car

https://i.imgur.com/Yy9NZgh.mp4

and other Felicia owners

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/129452-felicia-combi-13-what-oil/?do=findComment&comment=5812797

have the same Cold Starts as me (Not as yours) although in much lower temperatures.

@HappySkoda had the same style Cold Start as me

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/499328-how-much-time-do-you-warm-up-your-felicia/?do=findComment&comment=5610186

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/IMG_20211212_122032.thumb.jpg.db9ec30da8ad0a3932608ef93ff6da62.jpg

and not as yours.

So:

1) Your car is far well maintained than yours and all of us have problem in Cold Start and he haven't admit at least 23 years?

2) We do something different than you for example different oil viscosity and quality?

3) We with 1100 rpm Cold Start have mental issues (like a moron Hahas) and we keep abuse our cars every morning?

12 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

We do something different than you for example different oil viscosity and quality

Yes you have different viscocity but I use high quality

13 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

We with 1100 rpm Cold Start have mental issues

Uhm no but rpm needs to be veryfied using VCDS my tacho slightly undereads (around 250rpm) so what seems like 800rpm might infact be 1050rpm so I am getting the same rpm BUT WITH 15W50 as I should

24 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Also you crank more times and you take longer to build oil pressure... keep that in mind 
I crank 5 or 6 times and light goes of as I pass 1000 rpm you crank 7 or 8 times and your oil light goes off at the same rpm. so if you want to split hairs you had more time turning the engine over (and also faster than me) and still you built oil pressure at the same rpms after you started.

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

34 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

you crank 7 or 8 times and your oil light goes off at the same rpm.

Which crank sound ''you like more", the A or the B?

I would love to see you rev up with 20W-50 in a mountain road and the sound of the engine at 4500+ rpm.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Crank A sounds exactly like my vehicle in winter time,

Crank B sounds exactly like my vehicle in summer time

@D.FYLAKTOS maybe the battery is slightly weaker in crank A

Here is the crank A

the Crank B

and the crank C.

14 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

crank A with C is the same pretty much

This video is with only 30Km distance with ENEOS oil, after few weeks will see more.

With Motul 10W-40 i had the most smooth Cold Start but ENEOS 10W-40 beat it in fuel consumption and rev up capability.

Amsoil 10W-40 was the best in those 2 sectors.

My mistake that i didn't made a Cold Start video with Shell 5W-40, was best in fuel consumption than Motul and in few days will see against the ENEOS.

All this oil talk are we on the Ferrari or Porsche web site or a very old slow (by todays standard) push rod Skoda Felicia were the engine revolutions are so slow.

Keep it up guys but do get out more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikefelicia said:

Keep it up guys but do get out more.

We work with what we have and we will keep doing it as long as we have it.

Are you sure that all the supercar owners search things as we do here or leave everything in the service at the hands of the employees (and pay a fortune even for a simple thing) ?

The secular exchange of opinions (Hahas style excluded) was the basis of the Agora then in ancient Greece and of the forum now with the Internet.

By the way what brand-viscosity engine oil are you using?

Mannol 15/40, over the 25 years many of the leading makers of oil with no problems I just drive it and in that time have only called the AA out 3 times once a lead came of the starter motor I could see the lead but could not see the were it went it took the AA man a few seconds ands I was off again.

Still love my Felly after all this time (from new) I have to smile at the costs of new cars and EVs like they say they dont make em like they used to.

I must just say I have a bad hearing problem so my Felly always sounds so quiet one of the benifits of being deaf and not hearing the wife. 😀

But then I am a very old man what do I know.

• Haha 1

@mikefelicia Relax Mike, you're maintaining your car very well. You can disregard the endless, useless frustrations and obsessions in this topic.

"...not hearing my wife" LOL

• Groan 1

28 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

motul 4100 15W-50

Not in this life 15W-50 again from me.

By the way the Cold Starts with ENEOS changed,oh yes, no more "old tractor noise", i will post new video soon plus photos from fuel consumption.

21 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Not in this life 15W-50 again from me.

Yeah don't worry with 5w40 the life of the engine will be short soo I guess you will try 15W-50 again

BTW have you checked oil pressure? 

Ever? 

At 80c oil at 3000rpm pressure shall be 3.8bars 

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Yeah don't worry with 5w40 the life of the engine will be short soo I guess you will try 15W-50 again

BTW have you checked oil pressure? 

Ever? 

At 80c oil at 3000rpm pressure shall be 3.8bars 

The 5W-40 was before the 15W-50 and now i have 10W-40 Synthetic.

With this i beat my record in fuel consumption and coolant temperature and i have many photos to prove it.

The oil pressure gauge is removed many years ago, i still have the custom adaptor but i don't know if i will buy another 52mm gauge since the majority are chinese made.