latest fw for rns 510/columbus 2660/2666/2662/2668/2664

DSA

I did the upgrade on my VW Golf RNS510, only problem I have encountered is with the Skoda UHV bluetooth. When my Blackberry Bold connects it says on screen 'User not connected' although it does connect and shows signal and on the left shows the green phone button.

It doesnt show any presets and wont allow access to the phone books using the RNS, but I can still access phone books on the instrument cluster MFD display.

Anyone else encountered this issue, if so whats the fix?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Odd one that Mark. Some phones such as the Nokia's and ones which don't have full support will show not connected when they are, I've seen that before.

In the short term I think you can downgrade the RNS FW again via the hidden menu.

Long term I don't know, I've not heard anyone else mention it yet but it's early days with this firmware.

Might also be worth trying another handset if you can borrow one, Sony Ericsson are normally a safe bet.

Works with K850i, will try iPhone later if I can.

Strange that it worked fine with Blackberry prior to the upgrade.

Would be a shame to have to downgrade as this update has nice features.

I will take a picture tonight and post it a few others on VWNavi experienced the same problem after upgrading.

Nothing changed, just upgraded firmware yesterday and didnt even think to check the phone. Then driving to work this morning noticed all my presets had disappeared.

I will post a photo as soon as I get a moment.

Here are images of how it looks when connecting Blackberry Bold 9000, as you can see its connected as I have signal. I can also dial from the touchpad but doesnt show presets or phonebooks. Yet on the MFD instrument cluster I have access to phonebooks, recent call lists etc.

defaultscreen.jpg

dialscreen.jpg

mfd.jpg

I give up, I've exhausted all ideas I had about recaclulating the "master" checksum. I've wasted about a dozen dvd-rs in attempts. I think this bitch is off to Poland. :(

This thread has made me decide one thing.

The potential gains from the firmware update do not outweigh the possibility of bricking my unit.

And with it being 50/50 with regards that chance.....I'll stick with what I've got.

Has anyone got the MFSW working properly with this? Mine currently only operates the volume buttons, might chnaging the F/W help?

Also, will this affect the Maxidot? Or is that problem only for units flashed from 1Z0 to 3T0? Can anyone with an original 1Z0 (+maxidot) confrim that it works ok? I dont want to be stuck on Nav route when I want to look at track details, fuel consumption etc etc.

Thanks guys!

I've got my nav working again. Kind of.

I've got to get some maps on it. It doesn't display a boot screen any more, sd card music doesn't work any more and its CAN gateway is lobotomised...

buggered-rns510.jpg

which makes it hard to code in vcds as you have to do it blind due to no matching label.

Anyway it's all been worth it in my opinion because I've now got this...

rns510-clock.jpg

:rolleyes: ffs - the things we do...

Edited by wega3k

Yes I had the same thing. Doesn't seem to find the HDD either. And no sound. So nto really working at all!

Have you tried putting in the correct code? I didn't have it so decided to go down another route and am back to the initial problem...

Nick - if you want to see it working I'm hoping to be at Ben's open day on Sunday morning :thumbup:

I know it's no consolation, but you can probably lay claim to having the most exclusive car clock in Briskoda history :o

How do you mean, the correct code?

At one stage it allowed me to go into the long code section and I thought that maybe if I knew whath the long code was I could have tried setting it... But then that may have achieved nothing at all! :rotz:

I put the original coding I had before the upgrade back on it (0C0004000001000200). This puts it back in Skoda colour scheme and sets the speakers up correctly etc.

Mine plays cds and radio ok, sound quality is perfect.

I've just confirmed the unit still talks to the boot multi-changer ok.

It doesn't always let me connect to it with VCDS any more, I find it loses communication with the ECU and I have to reboot the nav to get access again.

Mater very kindly burnt me a disc and posted it to me, and it came today.

At present I have not got the balls to do it though :scared:

If you ask him nicely he might lend you those too ! :D

Mine plays cds and radio ok, sound quality is perfect.

I've just confirmed the unit still talks to the boot multi-changer ok.

It doesn't always let me connect to it with VCDS any more, I find it loses communication with the ECU and I have to reboot the nav to get access again.

Can you make it see your HDD?

The guy who repaired Mickey32's bricked unit told me on vwnavi, 'Most of stolen units have gateway error because mainboard was soldered to read pin code.'

Awesome. Thanks Grielka!