Octavia Long delivery times

Friday's the day for mine so don't forget to update me with the XDS saga if yours comes first!

When I called the dealer, they were still unable to confirm if it is this week :thumbdwn: but still hoping ;)

The tax on my current car runs out on Saturday so that will be another pain to sort out if I can't get my hands on the new car.

The race is on. My dealer is a drippy waste of space. I have to keep phoning him up to remind him of stuff. I doubt he'll tell me when the car is there. I'll have to call him to go and check. If it wasn't for the generous part-ex deal, I'd have gone elsewhere. But there you go, you can't have everything.

I was told last time I called that it would be next week.

At least your dealer didn't deliver you the wrong car first time around (petrol instead of diesel). I have had to endure another 8 week wait since then, heading to 18 weeks in total :mad:

At least your dealer didn't deliver you the wrong car first time around (petrol instead of diesel). I have had to endure another 8 week wait since then, heading to 18 weeks in total :mad:

Ouch! - 18 weeks, I'd struggle a little with that :(

I was slightly confused when going over my receipt the other week, quoting that the order was for a CDI manual petrol?! Naturally confused, I called the dealer and much to my relief the order was for a diesel *phew

Just spoken to my dealer - my order went in 12th October - today he says end of December delivery :(

Bob.

Get the COMMS number from the dealer and ring Skoda yourself. They will give you a build date and you can work out the delivery date from that.

I ordered mine on the 3rd October and it's build date is week 51!!!!!

So It will be with me well after the 1st Jan boooooooooooooo

That means another 2.5% on the price, that as well as the increase from the 1st October.

Gits

When I spoke to the dealer yesterday, he said could I make the call quick as he was with a customer. Like, hey! I'm also a customer. Complete plonker. It seems once they have your order, you're just another annoyance until you collect the car and get out of their life. All he needed to do was get the hang of using email and just send me across regular updates as things changed. Would take all of a few seconds.

I'm definately going to check it has the right engine. I'm begining to wonder if it'll be the correct model at this rate.

Get the COMMS number from the dealer and ring Skoda yourself. They will give you a build date and you can work out the delivery date from that.

I ordered mine on the 3rd October and it's build date is week 51!!!!!

So It will be with me well after the 1st Jan boooooooooooooo

That means another 2.5% on the price, that as well as the increase from the 1st October.

Gits

I have been told by my dealer that Skoda have said they will pay the extra 2.5% VAT if it arrives after Jan 1st and that they would not expect the customer to take delivery in December if it turns up at the dealer after Dec14th

I have been told by my dealer that Skoda have said they will pay the extra 2.5% VAT if it arrives after Jan 1st and that they would not expect the customer to take delivery in December if it turns up at the dealer after Dec14th

That is word for word what I was told also, if it arrives after 14th Dec at the dealers, Skoda pay the extra

Which is good as mine currently sits at week 1 2010 :D

...and that they would not expect the customer to take delivery in December if it turns up at the dealer after Dec14th

What's the benefit of that? It would still be a 59 plate. Is there that much benefit to it being registered 2010?

That is word for word what I was told also, if it arrives after 14th Dec at the dealers, Skoda pay the extra

Which is good as mine currently sits at week 1 2010 :D

Is that the dealer paying that or skoda saying you/i won't have to?

When was it ordered?

What's the benefit of that? It would still be a 59 plate. Is there that much benefit to it being registered 2010?

Yes. The difference in resale for a 2007 57 plate Octy vRS PD and a 2008 57 plate is £450 IIRC ref Parkers.

As long as you do not have to pay the extra VAT, definitely worth doing

Is that the dealer paying that or skoda saying you/i won't have to?

Skoda will pay the extra VAT.

Bear in mind the promotion upto 30th September said cars had to be registered by 31st Dec.

Now if they said it would be delivered by then all OK. BUT if not and you were asked for more money, quite a few customers would say no and then SUK have loads of cars on their hands with possibly unusual options

IMO they are trying to avoid conflict situation with customers, after all they need to shift cars. With the end of Germany's scrappage scheme Skoda need to keep the factory running

Yes. The difference in resale for a 2007 57 plate Octy vRS PD and a 2008 57 plate is £450 IIRC ref Parkers.

As long as you do not have to pay the extra VAT, definitely worth doing

Thanks. So given I currently have a build week 49, first week in Dec, it looks likely my car might be ready around Xmas time if I'm lucky, so I should ask it to be registered 1st Jan for January collection.

My order form states estimated delivery of 1st Dec so I'd be mightily annoyed if I had to pay the VAT difference due to a Jan delivery.

Well dealer called yesterday, my car which was ordered 18th August is now confirmed built and is sitting in a German port awaiting shipping. Dealer hopes it will ship by early next week then probably another week till it reaches him.

Heading out today to get all paperwork out of the way early, including starting the number plate transfer. Am worried this part is where the delays will originate as dealer posts paper work for the transfer to DVLA etc.

Thinking there must be a way I can handle the paperwork for this myself and get the plate swapped in person, speeding the process up somewhat.

Well dealer called yesterday, my car which was ordered 18th August is now confirmed built and is sitting in a German port awaiting shipping. Dealer hopes it will ship by early next week then probably another week till it reaches him.

Mine was ordered a few days after yours and will be at the dealer's on Monday for collection Wednesday.

Heading out today to get all paperwork out of the way early, including starting the number plate transfer. Am worried this part is where the delays will originate as dealer posts paper work for the transfer to DVLA etc.

Thinking there must be a way I can handle the paperwork for this myself and get the plate swapped in person, speeding the process up somewhat.

I ordered mine on 15th August, so I guess this is the same for me - although the dealer has been next to useless in communicating :thumbdwn:

Well I have been told today should be no more than 2 weeks, car should be in UK next week so dealer can get some numbers from Skoda to start the No. plate transfer, while that is being processed the car should be dispatched to dealer so hopefully within 2 weeks it will be mine.

That would be approx 12 weeks from order to collection which I guess isn't too bad.

At last I will be picking mine up tomorrow :thumbup: after a wait of 18 weeks due to the dealer's c*ck up :thumbdwn:

Communication from the dealer has been cr*p, and he hadn't even bothered to ring me today (after speaking to him yesterday) that the car had arrived :mad:

At last I will be picking mine up tomorrow :thumbup: after a wait of 18 weeks due to the dealer's c*ck up :thumbdwn:

Communication from the dealer has been cr*p, and he hadn't even bothered to ring me today (after speaking to him yesterday) that the car had arrived :mad:

Name and shame! Which dealer??!

Can't agree more after this saga ...I just hope it is the right one this time - there is actually a car at the dealer at least, but who knows what spec!

Hope they get you the right car this time! Once they have the sale they lose interest...

My order form states estimated delivery of 1st Dec so I'd be mightily annoyed if I had to pay the VAT difference due to a Jan delivery.

When I ordered my L & K on Oct 17th - I was shown an email by the dealer from Skoda UK that stated that the extra VAT would not be levied if order was in by Oct 31st.

I've been told today Week 50 so I reckon we'll be lucky to see it by the end of January.

When I ordered my L & K on Oct 17th - I was shown an email by the dealer from Skoda UK that stated that the extra VAT would not be levied if order was in by Oct 31st.

I've been told today Week 50 so I reckon we'll be lucky to see it by the end of January.

Have looked on the Skoda website tonight, it seems that the discount equivalent to the VAT has been continued unti 31st January, 2010 !!