Worst Skoda available today?

groom03

Its hard to say 'worst' without driving all of them and having them over a period of time for reliability, etc.

As I can only go on looks.....The new fabia looks like something Kia or Hyundai would make. Boring and bland bubble :(.

It might be nice to drive, etc. It just holds no appeal to me whatsoever.

Hmm, this is a hard question to answer!

Looks are a matter of personal taste, and for sure the Fabia is probably the "least good" car in the range, but it's also the cheapest. So it depends what your criteria are, and the rest is subjective.

I just wondered what people thought was the worst skoda today? I'm thinking the roomster (because i dont like the shape) or the Fabia mk2 (also because i dont like the shape)
That's easy, the ugly duckling Yeti

Shows it's all a matter of taste. I love the shape of the Roomster and Fabia Estate and would have bought either one of them. It just happened that my Roomster came up pre-registered with £2,500 off the new price.

Can't assess any other models though other than looks as I've only driven a Fabia for a couple of days while mine was in the paint shop, and none of the other cars in the range. But lookswise I think all the estates look great, but I don't saloons of any make.

I have to say looks wise the Roomster is awful. The rear window line doesn't follow the front window line but follows the crease in the front door panel. It looks bizarre. It is nice and practical though and does the job it was designed for very well.

Strangely despite the Yeti looking like a blown up Roomster they have changed the window line and I think it looks alright, although the front end is a bit strange.

Having driven one yesterday I'd say a Mark 2 Fabia 1.2,the engine is noisy and very rattly at anything from 3000 rpm upwards,steering doesn't feel connected to the wheels,ride height is sky high and feels as if you're driving a soft off roader with loads of body roll and the car I drove had an all black interior which is as boring as an all beige interior in an Austin allegro,didin't like the high driving position,seat won't go down enough as it does on my Mark 1 wife's Fabia,switches feel cheap and nasty.Plus points are a good air con system and a good radio reception unlike the one in my Octy .....

Probably mine, octy vrs race blue pd 170, 58 plate , 25g on clock we got it at 10,, looked after better than a princess but has let us down on reliability. misaligned lights from the dealer (part of the deal when buying) , dual mass fly wheel/pulley replacement, front plastic bumper inserts stacked to stop them from falling out, rear wiper pump replaced, dpf and exhaust sensors replaced, one limp mode episode with Skoda assist coming out to fix, one shoddy slow puncture fixed by the dealer then fixed properly by a independent tyre fitter who laughed at the attempt. Broken promises, unread emails and no customer service delivery by 2 skoda dealers. 60000miles and the car gets traded. We took the gamble Skoda could deliver and they very obviously cant. Do not trust the brand and the car after out of warranty. Very disappointed and have spoken to Skoda Customer Service over this. If they really cared they would do something about it. Dealerships have the attitude they dont care. More fool them. Vote with the feet and knock them down the ratings in the car mags till they wake up and smell the coffee.its the only thing they will be drinking when their showrooms are dead through lack of customers after been bitten once....

Maybe I have one of the best. One of the last Mk1 Fabia estates, Aircon and Sunroof,

Cruise control, heated seats,heated mirrors and heated windscreen washers,

excellent boot, 15inch easyclean 'Band' Alloy wheels, superb 1.9TD engine with good

accelleration and torque. Best of all, no problems in over 2 years use including

2- 6week trips round Scandinavia, cruising at 100mph on the Danish and Swedish

Motorways. Distinctive on 'Orange Metalic'- pick it out in any car park among all the

silver, black and navy blue cars!

Best Regards Snobbie45 (Brian):)

Maybe I have one of the best. One of the last Mk1 Fabia estates, Aircon and Sunroof,

Cruise control, heated seats,heated mirrors and heated windscreen washers,

excellent boot, 15inch easyclean 'Band' Alloy wheels, superb 1.9TD engine with good

accelleration and torque. Best of all, no problems in over 2 years use including

2- 6week trips round Scandinavia, cruising at 100mph on the Danish and Swedish

Motorways. Distinctive on 'Orange Metalic'- pick it out in any car park among all the

silver, black and navy blue cars!

Best Regards Snobbie45 (Brian):)

I think you have missed the point to this thread?

Not much love for the mk 2 Fabia in this thread by the looks of things. I have to agree i'm afraid. It is all down to the shape for me having not driven most of the other Skoda models. The Fabia mk 2 looks like somthing Daewoo or Proton would roll off the production line. I just plain don't like it although i'm sure they will sell on the back of the reputation and the success of the mk 1 (namely the 1.9 tdi models).

I have had 2 Felicias, the first cost me 125 pounds and run me around for 3 years with only a tailpipe failing the mot. The second Felicia cost me 150 pounds, but it was the estate version, which I have owned for 15 months and spent nothing on it, other than normal self servicing. They are comfortable, reliable, and economical, a bit like a Volkswagen but with a lot more go and charisma. I am by the way a retired engineer, so I do appreciate well made products and respect the service intervals. Its a shame they ceased making them, when the time comes to replace my estate I shall be looking to a Japanese car to replace it, I do not like the VW versions. The Skoda 1.3 mpi VW uprated units are far superior to the 1.4 VWs in all respects, I must add however that the coachwork on the later VW versions is still as good as the original Felicia nothing spared to sell, models. Yes I have tried the later VW versions, but the lack of identity? and lacklustre feel/performance/economy, did not inspire me. So there we are, the truth is out, I have no doubt there will be a few hardliners who will disagree with me, But I am only a lifelong retired engineer.

Worst Skoda available today......

In my opinion an Octavia vRS Diesel. All it does is give diesel drivers the false impression that they have a performance car, while at the same time lowering the reputation of the vRS brand. It's a rep-mobile trying to be trendy!

If you actually like driving then you buy the petrol version, if you want to be seen to like driving, then you buy the diesel one.

In my humble opinion, this thread leads only to some very personal remarks on taste that aren't relevant to any one else. What I like, you dislike, so what? What I consider dull, you'll find exciting,so what? One can keep on telling why this or that model is so ugly. But what's the use?