• 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 12+ - I got banned :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nearly 40, been driving around 22 years. I've only ever had 3 points for an SP30, got pulled by West Mids Police while I was en route to fix something for.....West Mids Police.

edit: that was 10 years ago.

Edited by cjb

47, 26 years, and the closest I've ever come to points is 2 parking tickets and a producer following a crash that put me in hospital (I was only there to get checked over, but they couldn't understand the result of an chest X-Ray, and sent me to a cardiac unit. I wasn't injured; the problem was a pre-existing condition).

28 years.

Had bike licence since 17, car licence since 18.

Never had a point (not for want of trying at times... :D ).

Got parking ticket in York a few years back for parking dirty great motorbike in a cycle rack. Miserable gits...

I'm 30 and i've been driving since 1997. Got 2 speeding tickets a week apart in 2003. One SP30 (44 in a 30 on the A505 Park Viaduct in Luton and an SP60 on the A30 outside bodmin, 103 in a 70 :rotz:

Nothing since.

Guest westallc

26 years old no points yet:thumbup:;)

been close to a few but never been caught lol

been chased by the police 2 or 3 times but go away ;):D:D

how long until someone has a moan lol im joking :D

Been driving since i was 16 3/4 October 19th 2005. I am 20. Clean record apart from being stopped a few weeks ago 93km/h in an 80 km/h zone. "I may or may not have to go to court" says the policeman. Heard nothing yet but apparently it can take up to a year to happen

Well ive been clean since 1998 when i started driving at the age of 18,29 now,and had a lovely letter this morning saying ive been caught doing 43 in a 30. Sad thing is ive always done 40 on that bit of road thinking that was the limit when its been 30 all along! lol not bad going really. Oh and i did once race a police car back in my nova days,it was an unmarked astra,i some how got away with that by saying they started it!? It worked to,they dropped the case! that was doing around 90/100mph in a 30 but it was 4 in the morning,street racing.........naughty naughty.

35, driving 18 years, clean licence but a couple of very, very lucky escapes.

I wasn't much of a boy racer as such, I always liked to go quick but safe sort of thing and have always been either lucky or very observant of things happening in front of me (when in cars anyway) :)

Been driving since before some of the posters on here were born:eek::D

Currently I think I have just gone back to having a clean licence. Not sure of the dates, but I have had a few points from motorway and national speed limit infringements:O

I passed my test soon after my 17th birthday - at the beginning of 1993.

I've been driving non-stop since that time.

You must have travelled quite a distance by now! :eek: :D

As for me: 44yrs old, driving since 1982, never had any points (despite driving like a complete **** sometimes when I was younger!).

Clean for now, had a couple of speeding one on bike and one car, 50 in a 30 when I was 17 and didnt realise i should slow down when a copper sets off chasing you :o

Car was 94 on dual carriageway which was empty at about 8am on a saturday.

Aside from them I have been very lucky I would say :)

I'm 40 and had car license since 1990, biking since 1985.

Nil points in since 1993, can't say I haven't broken the speed limits, but generally in national speed limits where I deem it 'safe' to do so, I try to stick to the limits elsewhere, especially 30 in built up areas (although some 30mph limits are in rediculous places IMO)

By rights I should have had some points (especially when taking the cossie out for a blast) but been lucky

Z