What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Took it for its service & mot.

Very strange how there is always something to stop my car passing its mot when using a main dealer! Even when there werent any error lights on when I left my car in their car park there was when they serviced it yet they still put it in for the mot just to fail it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Took it for its service & mot.

Very strange how there is always something to stop my car passing its mot when using a main dealer! Even when there werent any error lights on when I left my car in their car park there was when they serviced it yet they still put it in for the mot just to fail it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bickerton?

MOT. Verdict? It failed on the parking brake, but I sorta figured it would since I forgot to tighten it since I fixed the brakes. Oh and the co2 levels were below what the equipment could measure. Anyway, now I have a month to fix it instead of driving around with a driving ban... What the heck, my Merc has a driving ban since 1999 and its never bothered me the slightest.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Washed It (and SWMBO's A2)

Dried it(and SWMBO's A2)

Ceriglass on Rayon Pad with the DAS6 Pro on the windscreen for over an hour (Oh my god my arms hurt!!!!!) (and SWMBO's A2 DID NOT GET THIS TREATMENT - YET?)

Washed it again, as Ceriglass + water + DAS6 at full pelt doesn't half make a mess (not on SWMBO's A2 though as I moved it out the way earlier)

Dried it AGAIN

Did not G4 the other glass as I did that the other day..

Gtechniq G1: three coats on the windy screen with just a top up on the drivers and passengers windows, left the rest as they are still working OK ish. (SWMBO's A2 - which consists almost entirely of glass I did one coat on the sides and the roof but have not done the screen yet as it still needs a polish with the DA and the Ceriglass) quite bad wiper marks to get out on that one.

G2 to remove the residue and buff with a nice cotton pillowcase

Stood back and admired handy work, thought about getting the clay bar out and decided that was not going to happen :D

Edited by karlbar2k

I switched the front wheels with the rears so as they will all need replacing at the same time, I also noticed that there is still a good 7mm of brake pad left after driving 54,000 in 13 months, I should get 60,000 out of them easily.

Oh and I washed it but didn't dry it as it is raining now.

Polished, waxed and installed my vent surround and other trim bits :rofl: . Well chuffed with how they came out. Now to do the other vent surrounds and pieces. Not sure what to do about heater control surround though, don't want to loose the illumination, but me masking it up will end up looking sloppy as it's so wee and fiddly.

8003410575_3ef9815ea7.jpg

8003411144_53d4de1b2c.jpg

Edited by Iann-
  • Like 1