What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Called the AA as my vRS wouldn't start and what I thought was a flat battery, is potentially looking like a DMF failure :( amazing how the car can be fine in the morning, leave at it work and suddenly something's broke.. only had my clutch and bearing changed earlier this year!

Hope it's covered under the warranty else big bill incoming :(

I thought it was standard practice to replace the dmf along with the clutch?

Ordinarily it's normally offered, but as the car had only done ~38k miles and the DMF is meant to last 100k, it wasn't done.

Car's been towed to Milton Keynes and got a lovely 90hp Diesel Automatic Rapid Spaceback as a replacement  :D

Tested the TPMS and it worked.

Driving to work this morning and the TPMS light pinged on.  Pulled over into a layby, got out and checked the tyres and I could hear hissing from the NSR tyre.  Swapped for the spare and found a nail in the tyre and it had lost about 0.5 bar.

Dropped it off at the tyre place up the road from work and they fixed it for free!  Also noticed they have a Hunter Alignment rig, may enquire about an alignment check soon.

It's my first attempt at anything like this and I'm fairly pleased, there's a couple of tiny sketchy bits but they're only noticeable from close up, and not as bad as I thought the sketchy bits would be!  What do you reckon?

newgrill1_zpsbac31bf0.jpg

newgrill2_zpsed9b417d.jpg

newgrill3_zpse8d72180.jpg

It's a white carbon wrap (pretty tricky to tell in the light), with a black carbon effect badge.

Plus, yesterday I had to get my remap remapped (long story) and it's now pushing a smidge over 220bhp with a panel filter and terraclean, running very nicely now.

• Like 2

Raised the coilovers to accommodate the huge speed bumps at uni. Reminds me I so badly need the alloys refurbing! On a plus note I used my new torque wrench from Aldi :)

Wait till after winter to get them refurbed :)

What you studying at uni ?

I think yellow cars look good with white wheels too. i'm thinking back to my yellow lupo days when I hd white OZ super t's on there, nightmare to keep clean but it looked pretty good

That does sound good on a lupo or other small hatch, rallye style. I had super ts on a corrado years back, did take a while to get round those spokes. I may do a colour change on the wheels, was thinking anthracite but now I've done the grill white might be nice. Can't really justify the spend now after a forge DV and remap though!

Believe it or not this is how the dealer let me take the car away from the showroom when i picked it up, i haven't had a chance to give it a clean down so finally today decided i would give it a little wipe round :)

Before 

IMG_3165_zps7dd9f5d3.jpg

After 

IMG_3166_zpsaad738b8.jpg

Anyone found that the parcel shelf rattles against the piece it sits flush with when the boot is closed?

This bit 

IMG_3169_zps65068dcc.jpg

Also fitted this

IMG_3171_zpsfcd671ec.jpg

Yes it arrived   :devil:

• Like 2

Did you take the grill off to wrap it of do it in place?

Took the whole grill off with the body panel surround (8 star key bolts), and then popped off the chrome section. I did it after a good run so it was warm. Then I soaked the chrome in a very hot bath, carefully prized the badge (only 1 tiny dig mark), then because the water had softened the glue it peeled right off. Oh and I drilled out the badges plastic pegs.

The wrap itself was both easier and more difficult than I thought it would be. Some corners turned out better than others, a few creases were unavoidable but they're hidden by the surrounding panel. The inner edge was easiest. I put cuts in the middle of the wrap to give it some slack as I warmed and stretched it into the corners.

Did the whole lot (badge included) for 25 quid.

Believe it or not this is how the dealer let me take the car away from the showroom when i picked it up, i haven't had a chance to give it a clean down so finally today decided i would give it a little wipe round :)

Before 

IMG_3165_zps7dd9f5d3.jpg

After 

IMG_3166_zpsaad738b8.jpg

Anyone found that the parcel shelf rattles against the piece it sits flush with when the boot is closed?

This bit 

IMG_3169_zps65068dcc.jpg

Also fitted this

IMG_3171_zpsfcd671ec.jpg

Yes it arrived   :devil:

Very nice mate, yeah my parcel shelf rattles a wee bit, not as much as the kids window blinds so I can live with it! Drawback of hatches/estates I guess.

Sprayed the winter alloys with 2 coats of primer, then 2 coats of silver and the first coat of lacquer.

Rearranged the shed to accommodate the fabia's winter tyres then gave the Fabia a thoroughly good wash with APC, then de-tarred her, then wash with shampoo, then Autogylm SRP. Tyre dressing and fast glass on the windows.

:)

8dc2a401b6e2b218f7f0b98e7512eadf.jpg

Wait till after winter to get them refurbed :)

What you studying at uni ?

I'm going to :) want to get them done in anthracite and then seal them with Carbon Collective platinum wheels.

I'm studying computer science, in my third year now thankfully!

http://vid1184.photobucket.com/albums/z328/robertohare/IMG_3168_zpsx71wzrys.mp4

thats the annoying rattle the parcel shelf makes.

was thinking of something from here.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk

Fair play if that bounced while driving it would drive me nuts. That sound deadening felt looks a good shout. Or some kind of foam strips, can probably get a more matching colour then. Can't remember where I got some from years ago but I found strips of black foam with adhesive back, cured a creak between the dash and steering column. Could have been B & Q.

By the way did you use anything special in the engine bay? Looks good

Fair play if that bounced while driving it would drive me nuts. That sound deadening felt looks a good shout. Or some kind of foam strips, can probably get a more matching colour then. Can't remember where I got some from years ago but I found strips of black foam with adhesive back, cured a creak between the dash and steering column. Could have been B & Q.

By the way did you use anything special in the engine bay? Looks good

Muc Off motorcycle degreaser (bio stuff) and a old rag :) and some elbow grease .

To be fair it doesn't bounce that much that's just the noise I can hear and I can't deal with rattles it squeaks so need to sort it .

Having said that I did previously own a defender 90 managed to cure all its rattles with stuff off that site I mentioned .

Might also use the sound deadening stuff from there for the whole of the rear to try kill some road noise

Muc Off motorcycle degreaser (bio stuff) and a old rag :) and some elbow grease .

To be fair it doesn't bounce that much that's just the noise I can hear and I can't deal with rattles it squeaks so need to sort it .

Having said that I did previously own a defender 90 managed to cure all its rattles with stuff off that site I mentioned .

Might also use the sound deadening stuff from there for the whole of the rear to try kill some road noise

You're engine bay looks ace! I'm a bit of a fussy arse when it comes to keeping my car clean and although my engine bay is clean, I think it could look a bit better. I'll certainly give the Muc Off degreaser a go.

Just out of interest, was it a main dealer from which you got your car? I only ask as I'm in Formby and curious as to which dealer it was you got it from.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by flying pig