What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Took her out for a damned good thrashing around the smaller roads.... But had to partially content myself by watching the big numbers on the fuel comp when I got stuck behind someone. :rolleyes

Then had another comedy moment pulling shopping from the 4 corners of the boot. :rolleyes

J.

What did I do to my 'Mazda'?

Fit sidelight, interior light, number plate light LED's with no Canbus..so no problems

mods were so much easier when cars were simpler. I remember a radio change taking minutes, not hours!

Let the missus have it today fuel read 100 miles till empty then when I got in it, it read 15 miles till empty plus she only did 40 actual miles (she says I've got a heavy foot) I can't shake my head hard enough never again ha

Let the missus have it today fuel read 100 miles till empty then when I got in it, it read 15 miles till empty plus she only did 40 actual miles (she says I've got a heavy foot) I can't shake my head hard enough never again ha

I have the same problem. I might drive quickly at times. but I don't brake unless I need to by looking ahead. She drives fine, but that always drives me mad, just look ahead so that I don't have to eat dash!

• Like 1

So..... To put Steve out of his misery...........

Nipped down to the dealers on Thursday to get some new style badges and centre caps for the mrs' vRS and decided to order these while I was there..... Then I called back again and picked them up yesterday.

d9ce66e475d99530dd8e08dc1c9f85a5_zpsa884

Decided to fit them this morning and after about 20 minutes they were on. :)

be93cf79092508d9fb256a22950e953e_zps47f5

eab7b566b1179946ff3efbc453642c9a_zps72cf

a40061fef785ec71666842899d332ac2_zps823a

The plain black pedals are something I noticed when I first got the car as my last three cars have all had metal pedals (Polo GTi, Fabia vRS & IS300) so when I found out the Octy vRS DSG pedal set was a straight swap it was on the list of things to do. :)

• Like 1

Well as well as the new pedals in the LuxoBarge earlier I've made the most of a bad situation and replaced all the badges on the mrs' vRS with new style ones.

Was meant to be going out for a workmate's 50th birthday today and then out for some beers and a meal for my own birthday this evening but the little 'un was up all night poorly so he won't be having a sleepover. :( Hopefully he'll be back to his usual self soon enough and we can go out for my birthday next weekend instead.

post-9093-0-51470000-1426354154_thumb.jpg

post-9093-0-45032700-1426354325_thumb.jpg

post-9093-0-68727100-1426354421_thumb.jpg

So..... To put Steve out of his misery...........

Nipped down to the dealers on Thursday to get some new style badges and centre caps for the mrs' vRS and decided to order these while I was there..... Then I called back again and picked them up yesterday.

The plain black pedals are something I noticed when I first got the car as my last three cars have all had metal pedals (Polo GTi, Fabia vRS & IS300) so when I found out the Octy vRS DSG pedal set was a straight swap it was on the list of things to do. :)

Ah! Of course :)

Made sure I specced these when ordering the Yeti - makes a nice difference IMO  B)

• Like 1

Pulled the shift-linkage down to see what the bushings were like. I think toilet-paper might've been thicker. :x  New bushings on order; which should hopefully stop me having to take three goes to hit reverse...

My skoda has been to the garage today for a major service (long life) and timing belt, water pump and tensioners.

Mechanic who did it is a good friend so threw some freebies in, (can't complain!!) but did find a small oil leak on my dipstick tube and my two front tyres are coming up for replacement. Time to convince myself to buy new alloys all round too!

Cleaned it, polished windscreens and removed the two 'international register' stickers in the rear windows, finally.

Next to fill it full of general household items as I help the girlfriend's parents move into their new home.

JRJG

Washed, clayed and waxed with swissvax onyx.

Cleaned the interior with Autosmart G101. Managed to get rid of the stains on the seats and carpets. They look 100% better than they did this morning. That G101 is feckin awesome. First time I've used it, only heard of it a week ago. Very highly recommended.