You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Sorry to Hijack this thread (loving it), but the site wont let me post quite yet. Just wondering where on earth can I route a 4ga power cable for an amp through the firewall?? I've had so much of the dash out and just can't find where to access a grommet to let me get through to the battery like the rest of the electronics do. Its an 08 Octy VRS II 2.0T. Cheers guys

and the wrapped grill (b*tch of a job to get right- would be tempted by plastidip if I was to do it again).

Really nice looking car dude......and love the grill. Was going to post about getting a black grill and seeing if it looks good and your pic answered my question straight off....I am wondering thought if anyone knows where i can get the new logo badge for the steering wheel, bonnet, boot and wheels.....

nutters_uclan

You have the new badge.....how much and where from...!!!

MountainBikeMike:

Just drop the glovebox out (screws underneath and one on the side under the flap on the side of the dash), remove the rubber seal along the leading edge of the scuttle panel, then you just go through here...

IMG_0499.jpgIMG_0500.jpg

9185078083_c266992249_c.jpg

My newish vRS on recent trip to the Lakes.  Now with 17" Team Dynamics rims.  Was more than a bit concerned they may look way small but quite happy with the look of my 'clown wheels'.

Ride on the 17s is great.  Saved 4kg a corner over the Neptunes, and does accelerate noticeably better.  Grips like **** to a blanket round corners now: new Eagle F1s on the front over worn out Cont SC2s.  :rock:

Other changes from standard are H&R Comfort Cup Kit and Whiteline RARB (both off classifieds here), and the wrapped grill (b*tch of a job to get right- would be tempted by plastidip if I was to do it again).

Trying to resist calling Shark for a Stage 1 map.  Let's see how long I hold out...

Dave,

can you let me know what wrapping you used on the grill and any "top tips"?

Thanks

MountainBikeMike:

Just drop the glovebox out (screws underneath and one on the side under the flap on the side of the dash), remove the rubber seal along the leading edge of the scuttle panel, then you just go through here...

IMG_0499.jpgIMG_0500.jpg

Thanks for that. Helped a lot. I had a poke through to that grommet before but it didn't punch through, and I was a bit scared taking the trim off as people have said if its cold your windscreen could crack...

9185078083_c266992249_c.jpg

My newish vRS on recent trip to the Lakes.  Now with 17" Team Dynamics rims.  Was more than a bit concerned they may look way small but quite happy with the look of my 'clown wheels'.

Ride on the 17s is great.  Saved 4kg a corner over the Neptunes, and does accelerate noticeably better.  Grips like **** to a blanket round corners now: new Eagle F1s on the front over worn out Cont SC2s.  :rock:

Hi Dave,

Do you know what the weight of the stock rims are? I think mine are the slightly older ones though. I dont have the rounded headlights on my VRS like you do but it is a 2008 model. A WAS going to keep these wheels so I can do more important things like save for a house, but loosing that weight on the wheels is a big fuel saving factor :p But I need to wait after my shoulder surgery, maybe late this year to afford them :p off work for a while.

How much would the stock set sell for?

Blonde caught in the act of stealing my tax disc :o  ;)

eKGk7z1.jpg?1

That's the nearest Revo'll ever get to my ECU anyway. If I was a cruder person, I could say something along the lines of "wouldn't mind a flash of her software", but I won't. Well I kind of have. Oh well.

• Like 4

Dave,

can you let me know what wrapping you used on the grill and any "top tips"?

Thanks

The wrap was 3M matt black stuff from Poland via ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152-x-30CM-3M-BLACK-GLOSSY-G12-1080-NEW-SERIES-SCOTCHPRINT-VINYL-FILM-CAR-WRAP-/110798058844?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cc14355c

(not sure of the size though).

The vinyl was very good, just very fiddly to fit as there are some very tight curves on the surround. You need to separate the chrome surround from the inner grille: some guidance on posts on the forum, then its a matter of gentle heat, lifting, stretching.  I ended up 'chasing' the folds round the corners which was very time consuming.  I'm usually quite good at fiddly jobs like this but it took a looong time.  You can be fairly rough with the vinyl , but not too rough as it can tear.  Think it's one of those jobs that you'll get a lot better at with practice.  I did buy a proper blue Squeegee tool, but not sure it was really needed on a little job like this: fingers are probably just as good.

Hi Dave,

Do you know what the weight of the stock rims are? I think mine are the slightly older ones though. I dont have the rounded headlights on my VRS like you do but it is a 2008 model. A WAS going to keep these wheels so I can do more important things like save for a house, but loosing that weight on the wheels is a big fuel saving factor :p But I need to wait after my shoulder surgery, maybe late this year to afford them :p off work for a while.

My TD rims weighed 9.1kg.  The 18" Neptunes with tyres on were 3.9kg heavier than the TDs with tyres.  So if my maths is correct 18" Neptunes will weigh about 13kg (assuming tyres weigh the same which they may not as one set are 17s the other 18s).

Edited by davew255