You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

Just recently purchased this 2013 Skoda Octavia VRS BlackLine Edition from a local Skoda Dealer.  Only 500 of these made it seems.  My last car was a 2008 Skoda Octavia VRS PD170 in bright yellow!

I wasn't keen on the chrome grille surround and had thought about getting it film wrapped with a carbon fibre effect film, to match the interior, or even spray painted black.  However, with the worry that the film may peel and paint can flake, I was able to get a black grille surround from SuperSkoda, which I think really sets it off and does it justice....

Fan's Octavia VRS Blackline   front

With it being limited edition, it really surprised me that Skoda didn't give it a badge to indicate it's exclusivity, like the Monte Carlo in the Fabia range.  I was able to find a BlackLine Limited Edition badge on Ebay, which was designed for the Alpha Romeo car, but think it looks wonderful on the boot lid, below the VRS badge.

Fan's Octavia VRS Blackline   rear

The CR170 engine is certainly a lot smoother and quieter than the PD170.  It's now been remapped to 210BHP with DPF gutted and EGR blanked off and both deleted from ECU.  It's running on BP Ultimate Diesel and the power delivery is amazing and really transforms the car.  It could well be nearer the 220BHP range with the combination of the DPF + EGR delete, in addition to the higher cetane fuel....   I can't even see any smoke in the rear mirror when accelerating hard from a standing start, which is a big bonus.  My last car with the PD170 was remapped, but really needed the DPF gutted, as it was awful for clogging up the DPF...

• Like 1

I realy want to do this to my vrs estate entualy, whats it like to use for every day driving? Speed bumps, scraping ect.

I've not had them on two weeks yet so I'm not totally sure how much more they'll settle.  So far though, I'm very happy.  The car feels more planted in the corners, at higher speeds it feels more stable and even the Mrs says it's nicer to drive.  As for grounding out on speed bumps, nothing so far.  As Sarge says, the original ride height is so high that this lowered version isn't in any way too low.  It now looks as you'd expect a vaguely sporty estate to do so rather than perching up on stilts. 

• Like 1

I've not had them on two weeks yet so I'm not totally sure how much more they'll settle. So far though, I'm very happy. The car feels more planted in the corners, at higher speeds it feels more stable and even the Mrs says it's nicer to drive. As for grounding out on speed bumps, nothing so far. As Sarge says, the original ride height is so high that this lowered version isn't in any way too low. It now looks as you'd expect a vaguely sporty estate to do so rather than perching up on stilts.

Ahh right cool thanks. I thought they where a lowish car to start with, ive scrapped mine on a couple on speed bumps (mabey just big bumps) but as far as im aware it is stock.

• Like 1

If memory serves that side is a Nexen of some sort. The other side Zeetex HP102. Ok in the dry but a bit rubbish in the wet. Its got a right mix of tyres on it all with lots of tread but cheap, I will replace with something else when i can. Always enjoyed the Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Megane 225. Think the dealer has replaced parts as cheap as possible. Managed to get the brakes stinking last night and fading a bit without driving all that hard. Pretty sure cheap pads are the culprit as the pedal stayed firm. 

• Like 1

Nice above! I'm often at Loch Morlich and Aviemore myself.

This is mine bought just over a week ago.

You've got to love an estate, especially when driven enthusiastically!   :thumbup:

Eibach Pro kits are great! Generally dont lower as much as the Sports kits in my experiance (2004 182 Clio and 2002 Focus Zetec) But the hangling improvements over standard on both and the ride quality are great! 

I have the 50mm H&Rs in at the moment and while they offer a nice drop, they dont really stiffen the ride up, still feels quite boaty. Though my shocks are 100K old... so couldbe them! 

• Like 1

If memory serves that side is a Nexen of some sort. The other side Zeetex HP102. Ok in the dry but a bit rubbish in the wet. Its got a right mix of tyres on it all with lots of tread but cheap, I will replace with something else when i can. Always enjoyed the Goodyear Eagle F1's on my Megane 225. Think the dealer has replaced parts as cheap as possible. Managed to get the brakes stinking last night and fading a bit without driving all that hard. Pretty sure cheap pads are the culprit as the pedal stayed firm. 

Was just enquiring as I've never seen a tread pattern like that before haha.

Yeah I've got Eagle F1's on mine and they're great 

Eibach Pro kits are great! Generally dont lower as much as the Sports kits in my experiance (2004 182 Clio and 2002 Focus Zetec) But the hangling improvements over standard on both and the ride quality are great! 

I have the 50mm H&Rs in at the moment and while they offer a nice drop, they dont really stiffen the ride up, still feels quite boaty. Though my shocks are 100K old... so couldbe them! 

I have the -50mm H&R's cup kit. The shocks with the springs definitely firm up the ride, but still comfortable enough for every day use. 

• Like 1

Need to get a another non-VRs Octy on here!!  :D. Just had the wheels refurbed and the sill resprayed as offside was rusting slightly, not good. Sits lower on an H&R -50 kit, with an added SuperSkoda Spoiler. Really happy with the overall look and stance now. 

love those wheels

• Like 1

love those wheels

Thanks! I did think about replacing them with 18's but just really like the Pegasus. They are sat on spacers too now as well, which really helps the looks! 

It has H&R -50? For me it seems a little tall, maybe -35.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely -50 springs, although you're right, i don't think its dropped the full amount..

• Like 1

My Octavia just after being lowered on -30mm H&R springs, s3 front brakes and braided hoses. (rears still to be fitted)

0C6096B7-03D1-4219-9095-EA12B784BABF_zps

The 18" zeniths were looking a bit crappy and in need to a refurb so decided just to change them.

18x8 et42 Cades Bern black accent

68032114-4B1E-478B-B6E5-9F3FF75165CA_zps

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm completely happy with the wheels or if they need to be painted fully black.

• Like 2

Before and after shots to show the difference in ride height. 

attachicon.gifOcty5.jpg       attachicon.gifocty4.jpg

Did your car come with the pegasus wheels factory fitted or have you fitted them ?, as there was a sport pack suspension and wheel upgrade which came with the pegasus wheels from the factory it may be the reason why its not dropped as much as expected as the car may be 10-15mm lower already like the vrs .

Edited by willy0329

My Octavia just after being lowered on -30mm H&R springs, s3 front brakes and braided hoses. (rears still to be fitted)

0C6096B7-03D1-4219-9095-EA12B784BABF_zps

The 18" zeniths were looking a bit crappy and in need to a refurb so decided just to change them.

18x8 et42 Cades Bern black accent

68032114-4B1E-478B-B6E5-9F3FF75165CA_zps

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm completely happy with the wheels or if they need to be painted fully black.

Just to confirm as there are two different sets of H&R springs for the vrs, i am looking at lowering my vrs are these the H&R -30 springs which lower the vrs arond 15-20mm ,or are they the -50mm springs which lower the vrs around 30-35mm thanks Greg.

Edited by willy0329

The were the 30mm so 15/20mm ones.

Cool thanks i might give the H&R -50mm (vrs -35mm) ones a try as deemon tweeks have them on offer on ebay at the moment £140 posted, I like the dark wheels they look good on the race blue vrs .