build week

Well... it could be worse - I ordered L&K on 5th of Feb and still don't even have a build date. It's exact opposite of other retail orders - the more you pay, the further you land in a queue. :D

Edited by v0n

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered Octavia L & K mid Feb, told maybe July or slightly earlier was possible. Checked 2 weeks ago and told build date will be 24 April, and it should be with dealer 3 weeks later, then 3-4 days for them to process it.So shall be getting it earlier than expected.

Got a call back on Thursday, apparently my car has been built and is either on it's way or is at the port, should be here in a couple of weeks. I ordered it on 16th Feb, build week was 15, which I think was this week, so it's on time, or slightly early, as long as I get it before the end of April and don't have to re-new my tax on my scrappage car, I'm happy.

Got a call back on Thursday, apparently my car has been built and is either on it's way or is at the port, should be here in a couple of weeks. I ordered it on 16th Feb, build week was 15, which I think was this week, so it's on time, or slightly early, as long as I get it before the end of April and don't have to re-new my tax on my scrappage car, I'm happy.

That's good news Neil! Does your car include a Bolero Radio?

That's good news Neil! Does your car include a Bolero Radio?

Well it was in the spec when I ordered it so I hope so, lol, hopefully it means that there isn't a huge issue with the Bolero's, if not, I was lucky with mine.

Neil. - You might just be my lifesaver.

Going by the logic that yours has already been manufactured; and I ordered a week right after you - Mine should be on the line soon!

Hoping to God anyway. Like OctaviaConvert - my Lancer's going to collapse in the next few weeks. (primarily due to me holding back on giving her a full service, but still! I was supposed to have my Octy by now! ;))

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining in.

I ordered my Octy Scout on 25 Jan & the delivery date has gone from end of March to 8th April then 15th April & now 1st May. Car has been built & sitting at Emden since 6th April waiting to be loaded on a boat to Sheerness. So don't get too excited once you know its on route, seems some take longer than others.

I spoke to the Stealers today ( I havent really been chasing nor pestering) but was told my car ,1.8 Elegance Estate DSG, is built and waiting to be transported to germany. Been told to expect about 4 weeks till ready to collect.

I placed order on 24th feb.

If it does arrive in 4 weeks it will be about 5 weeks earlier than I was told, which is great!

I spoke to the Stealers today ( I havent really been chasing nor pestering) but was told my car ,1.8 Elegance Estate DSG, is built and waiting to be transported to germany. Been told to expect about 4 weeks till ready to collect.

If it does arrive in 4 weeks it will be about 5 weeks earlier than I was told, which is great!

I better contact my stealer then as I ordered a few days before you - a 1.4TSI Elegance Estate DSG and was told it wasnt being built until w/c 25th April. I may be lucky :)

I better contact my stealer then as I ordered a few days before you - a 1.4TSI Elegance Estate DSG and was told it wasnt being built until w/c 25th April. I may be lucky :)

Best of luck.....following this and similar posts, there seems no pattern as too how long it takes. Some people are still waiing who ordered in Jan and some have recived who ordred in Feb. Im sure there is method in Skoda's seemingly madness!

Let me know how you get on.

My vRS was already built when we ordered it from Mitchell's Skoda (10/04/2010), It was at port Emden holding depot awaiting release (someone to claim it from stock), and today I was told by my dealer that once it's been released for shipment (which for me was the 13/04/2010) it normally takes 5 days to get from Germany to the dealer in UK.

Mitchell's believe that our car is already in the UK, and they believe they will have delivery next week, they say they prep cars within 2 to 3 days, so with all being well, I should have my vRS next Saturday.

Whoa..

I don't get this at all ! I was only told last week that I'll be waiting another six - and I ordered two days before you. Wonder what the story is there?

Unless my dealer hasn't a clue. TBH they haven't even given me a build week for the car. Nothing.

Whoa..

I don't get this at all ! I was only told last week that I'll be waiting another six - and I ordered two days before you. Wonder what the story is there?

Unless my dealer hasn't a clue. TBH they haven't even given me a build week for the car. Nothing.

I've not been given a build week and to be honest as i've been waiting since the 15th of feb with no idea when I might actually get the car i've thought about cancelling and buying something else just because of the poor coms.

Anyone ordered around the 15th of Feb and been given an idea when they might get their car. Mine is Vrs 170cr DSG black magic.

I ordered 13th Feb. To be fair to my dealer, he said they would only contact me when they knew they car was built and in England. Most buyers don't know anything about build weeks and shipping times/dates. I know many people couldn't care less about info like that.

I did contact the dealer for an update though, build week is 16, expected delivery around 2-3 weeks after that. Have you called your dealer and asked? If they were phoning every customer with an "update" every week then they'd always be on the phone!

Sadly I -have- contacted my dealer and haven't gotten anything apart from a "probably will be about" six weeks until I get my car.

I actually knew of the shortage of radios before my dealer knew..and lo and behold I phone my dealer on week 7 only to be told that the radio shortage has lead to another 5/6 week delay. Now I don't mind for the fact that I could add an MDI. I would just like to know that my car is on a list and will possibly be built at some point.

Hoping anyway. :)

I ordered 13th Feb. To be fair to my dealer, he said they would only contact me when they knew they car was built and in England. Most buyers don't know anything about build weeks and shipping times/dates. I know many people couldn't care less about info like that.

I did contact the dealer for an update though, build week is 16, expected delivery around 2-3 weeks after that. Have you called your dealer and asked? If they were phoning every customer with an "update" every week then they'd always be on the phone!

Yep i've called a few times first I got mid to late april and now i'm getting early may but nothing more specific than that. Would be nice if they found out the build week for me, I'm guessing as I ordered when you did it should be around now. I will call again this week see what they say.

Hi Davydoo,

Just to let you know my Scout was built last week and is waiting at Emden for ship to Tyne. I noticed a ship left Emden today to go to Tyne, due in tomorrow 20th at 3pm.

So here is hoping our cars are on it . I presume you have been told yours is out of production by your dealer too.

Regards Bob Wilson

Skoda have increased production in April and May for the Octavia for the UK market. However, supply is still short and Skoda UK are trying to negotiate another production increase with the factory. Extra delays (further 4-5 weeks) for customers ordering the following engines: 1.6CR tdi and 2.0 tdi PD (4x4 scout).

Was told today that my week 13 vRS is now in Grimsby and awaiting transport to dealer in Swansea

Edited by gorebrush

Extra delays (further 4-5 weeks) for customers ordering the following engines: 1.6CR tdi and 2.0 tdi PD (4x4 scout).

Do you know if that is just for new orders or existing ones as well? I've already been given a provisional build week for my 2.0TDI Scout, so wonder if your information means that might change?

Hi Davydoo,

Just to let you know my Scout was built last week and is waiting at Emden for ship to Tyne. I noticed a ship left Emden today to go to Tyne, due in tomorrow 20th at 3pm.

So here is hoping our cars are on it . I presume you have been told yours is out of production by your dealer too.

Regards Bob Wilson

Also had a Scout built last week and hoping its onboard the "City of Rome", due into North Shields tomorrow afternoon. Car was ordered on 13 Feb.

Geoff Atkinson

Hi Davydoo,

Regards Bob Wilson

just got a phone call bob to say that it was on board the ship and hopefully would be ready for collection this month

Skoda have increased production in April and May for the Octavia for the UK market. However, supply is still short and Skoda UK are trying to negotiate another production increase with the factory. Extra delays (further 4-5 weeks) for customers ordering the following engines: 1.6CR tdi and 2.0 tdi PD (4x4 scout).

Sigh. First it's the Boleros and now I had to order a car with a 1.6tdi.

I'm very close to cancelling my order altogether. I'm getting tired of this. :(