Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

well i hav'nt got a clue whats happening to mine

latest is its still stuck at grimsby thats over 2weeks that i know of

i have emailed SUK over 6 days ago now and they hav'nt even had the decency to reply not Happy at all !!

Stef see your in Stockport do you know that theres a new Skoda Dealer opening next to the Renault Garage on st Marys way

Andy

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a huge backlog at Grimsby and cars are arriving faster than they are leaving - two more boatloads have arrived this week.

SUK need to get their act together or they will lose a lot of sales due to VAT increase

The same at Tyne Dock, better than 1000 cars waiting to be moved I'm told. When you think that a top of the range Superb might well be £28000, the VAT increase is £600 after 1st Jan. You might think the dealers would be making more of an effort faced with paying that.

Even if transporters can't get in, why not move individual cars. I'd go and do it myself if I thought it would hurry them along. We are far too laid back in this country. Manyana!

Mark.

well i hav'nt got a clue whats happening to mine

latest is its still stuck at grimsby thats over 2weeks that i know of

i have emailed SUK over 6 days ago now and they hav'nt even had the decency to reply not Happy at all !!

Stef see your in Stockport do you know that theres a new Skoda Dealer opening next to the Renault Garage on st Marys way

Andy

By the sound of what your saying I've done well to get mine out of Grimsby, it landed end of last week and it'll be at the dealer tomorrow, hopefully pick it up Saturday or Monday.

Hope you get yours soon!!!

I was told by my dealer yesterday, that if the car was not in the UK by last tuesday evening, then it will miss the Xmas deadline, haho, what can I do, I know that 2 ships have been busy travelling between Grimsby and Emden, and I have worked out that roughly 5000 VAG cars a week are being move to Grimsby. The VAT issue is not my issue, and if Skoda have to pay an extra £600 vat then haho, they did the deal. Im just gonna hold on for a jan 2011 registration.

I was told by my dealer yesterday, that if the car was not in the UK by last tuesday evening, then it will miss the Xmas deadline, haho, what can I do, I know that 2 ships have been busy travelling between Grimsby and Emden, and I have worked out that roughly 5000 VAG cars a week are being move to Grimsby. The VAT issue is not my issue, and if Skoda have to pay an extra £600 vat then haho, they did the deal. Im just gonna hold on for a jan 2011 registration.

But this what i find strange about mine is i have the Reg number ! i even have the bl00dy fuel card with the reg on it some where in the house !!

just no damn car

Andy

But this what i find strange about mine is i have the Reg number ! i even have the bl00dy fuel card with the reg on it some where in the house !!

just no damn car

Andy

Andy,

yep it is odd as I only got the reg for ours once it was at the dealers. It was then handed over within 7 days! They are being cheeky......*****!

I bet the insurance is already running on it.... you might want to check the tax disc, ie. not that it was issued in November!!!

Update on mine,

It was actually registered on 15/11/10 - a week BEFORE I was told it arrived at the dealers, after lots of lies from those involved in delivering the car to me I finally COLLECTED the car despite it being some 260 miles away from me.

I arrived at the collection point - no car, made a couple of calls to be told "it's leaving now, ETA 1 hr"

2hrs later - STILL no car, another phone call and it turns out they had no driver to bring it the 40 miles from the "storage compound" (this despite being assured 110% that the car could of been delivered to me in Kent that morning!!)

Evetually it was agreed that I could go to the compound to collect the car despite it being against their company policy for customers to collect vehicles from them - and no wonder as the 'compound' looked like an old farm yard :giggle:.

So I finally have it, no thanks to Broadspeed (broker I bought through) or CFL Central Ltd (who placed the fleet order with the dealer).

How can anyone leave a vehicle undelivered for over a month despite the customer requesting the car on SEVERAL occasions is beyond me.

So to summarise:

Order date to collection 26 weeks

Arrival at dealership? (the day the car was registered) to date of collection = 5 weeks.

I still a few minor issues to sort out (std loose items that were missing from the car) but it was at least supplied with V7 maps & disc and ALL of the options I ordered :thumbup:

just no damn car

Andy

Snap!!!

Hopefully mine is at the dealers today as they have 3 transporters turning up according to them yesterday morning. Fingers crossed.

Snap!!!

Hopefully mine is at the dealers today as they have 3 transporters turning up according to them yesterday morning. Fingers crossed.

Do you know which port yours is coming from?

Mark.

Spoke to dealer this morning. Whereas I was originally told last week mine was about to be loaded onto a ship, I'm now told it's never got off the dock at Emden. No reason given and that was from SUK after the dealer phoned them.

I'm just going to forget about this now until I get a phone call some time in January. :zzz:

Mark.

Hi

well i was informed friday that i will be taking delivery of mine on the 23rd

its having windows blacked out today/tommorow so will be delivered to my office before 12 as we finsh at 1 then its party time ! so no chance to drive properly for a few days

so keeping fingers crossed all will be ok

andy

Do you know which port yours is coming from?

Mark.

Mine is coming from Grimsby, but since posting earlier, I have called my dealer and mine isn't on any of the 3 lorries coming to them today, so I'll see it sometime in the New Year now, only waited 19 weeks already so it'll be 21/22 weeks by the time I get it from order!!!

Does anyone know if compensation is available after so many weeks???

Mine is coming from Grimsby, but since posting earlier, I have called my dealer and mine isn't on any of the 3 lorries coming to them today, so I'll see it sometime in the New Year now, only waited 19 weeks already so it'll be 21/22 weeks by the time I get it from order!!!

Does anyone know if compensation is available after so many weeks???

Compensation kicks in after 18 weeks, but I believe only for cars ordered before mid-August.

Best regards

David

Compensation kicks in after 18 weeks, but I believe only for cars ordered before mid-August.

Best regards

David

Just about make it then, as it was mid-August.

Now let's see what we can get out of them!!!

Compensation does kick in afetr 18 weeks but 1 month after taking delivery of a car that took 24 weeks to arrive, still no sign of the vouchers which according to Skoda UK only take a week!!!!

Thought they would be here before Christmas so I could get my wife a nice present for Chrimbo, looks like I will have to use my own money now :'(

Think the vouchers are going down the same line as the car did :giggle:

Just about make it then, as it was mid-August.

Now let's see what we can get out of them!!!

Sorry Martin, hadn't noticed that it was your question. Rainworth Skoda will sort the compensation out for you, assuming you have made the cut-off. They are offering the full choice including dealer supplied accessories. Have a chat with your contact, if they are unsure of the process suggest they talk to Lisa Shaw.

Best regards

David

Sorry Martin, hadn't noticed that it was your question. Rainworth Skoda will sort the compensation out for you, assuming you have made the cut-off. They are offering the full choice including dealer supplied accessories. Have a chat with your contact, if they are unsure of the process suggest they talk to Lisa Shaw.

Best regards

David

Its Lisa I've been dealing with so I'll speak to her, thanks David

Just ordered my new 140 CR 4x4 DSG Elegance in Muscavado and Ivory. 2 Dealers tried to put me off with delivery delays of 6 months. Decided to go for it anyway and have the lower VAT. Hope I will not be disappointed as this was a clear case of my head winning over my heart as I was dead set on an XF. But for the money the best I could do was a 2 year old car and a lower spec, I did test drive both cars the Jag dealer only gave me 20 mins with him sitting next to me. The skoda dealer gave me the car for the day. I then hired an XF for 3 days. Yes it was nice but did not blow me away prob because I drive too gently. The Superb I had for a day was better than I expected - I currently have Octavia 1.9 DSG which has done 100K . I am hoping the 6 months will just fly by. Anyone know for the reasoning for delay?

Well, after a long, long wait (ordered 1st wk July), I finally collect my Superb Elegance Estate 170CR from Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield today. Can't wait now - expect to be there at 11:30!

From all the reviews, I'm looking forward to this car more than any other I've owned and I've had BMW's, Merc's and Audi's in the past. Just shows how one car can change your perspective on a brand.

Well, after a long, long wait (ordered 1st wk July), I finally collect my Superb Elegance Estate 170CR from Rainworth Skoda in Mansfield today. Can't wait now - expect to be there at 11:30!

From all the reviews, I'm looking forward to this car more than any other I've owned and I've had BMW's, Merc's and Audi's in the past. Just shows how one car can change your perspective on a brand.

I'm having mine delivered by Rainworth Skoda on Wednesday at 8.30, I cannot wait to get my hands on it, ordered end of August, and I have to agree about the perspective of a brand, that was the only thing that was putting me off, the badge, but I'm glad I went for it in the end and ignored the 'badge snobbery'!!!