Annoyed with the other half

Hey,

Right so the other night my "better half" was off on a night out and asked if i would drop her off in town in my VRS....yeah sure no problem let me know when you want to go........Well a few hours latter out she comes ready to go out fake tan and all in a small dress looking fantastic if i do say so myself.....

We get into the car and i turn to her and say that fake tan wont come off will it!?!?! No No she told me it was dry and would not come off....We get to town and she hops out and you guessed it i look at the seats and there is fake tan all the way down both side bolsters seat base and centre section.... :( :o

So i run after her and have a few words..........turns out it comes out with water and was ok once i spent a good hour scrubbing them down with a new white cotton cloth...

Now she said i over reacted and they are only car seats, and i said well when you love you car look after it as an investment it does matter and they are more than just seats......

In the end i just let it go and got a seat cover for next time but still.....

Dave

ha ha :)

Women eh!

I have similar problems, my girlfriend likes to eat, sorry nibble chocolate in the car, does my head in! Just throw it in your gob and chew!! No mess!

Although saying that I did spill some coffee on my drivers seat and cried! All clean now so :thumbup:

Edited by Ad Lav

Mrs Grr knows the car comes a very close 2nd place... ( after her of course...)

She also knows that if she had done that....

They'd still be looking for the body in 10 years time :D

Buy one of these Dave http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-VRS-Seat-Cover-Octavia-Fabia-VRS-/220607009290?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335d33d20a

Tell her that it was either that or a roll of carpet to make disposing of the corpse easier...

THEY ARE NOT JUST SEATS!!!! :rofl:

Make her sit on a horse blanket next time. Wearing a short skirt should make that nice and itchy but at least the seat covers will be clean.... :D

I only picked that one cos it was the naffest and cheapest on ebay.... :evil:

Just get 1 for her seat and when you drop her off somewhere next time get out of the car too

and make a big deal of removing the cover and putting it in the boot whilst sighing and looking skyward :D

When you pick her up... Climb out, open boot, re-install cover while she waits (probably shivering...They all do that don't they LOL)

then step aside and let her take a nice crispy sit down on some nasty plasticy wrinkly seat cover.

A few deftly taken corners on the way home will ensure she slides about like she's sat on ice and if your timings right

you might just get a little bit of head smacks window action... Especially if she's tired :thumbup:

This may cure your problem or make you single dependent on the normal running temparature of your

paticular model... :D

After all... They're quick enough to proclaim the world has ended because you left some pants on the floor,

cup in the sink, didn't hang out the washing, lid off the toothpaste, spoke decently to ANY other woman... etc etc etc

Edited by grr666

Now she said i over reacted and they are only car seats, and i said well when you love you car look after it as an investment it does matter and they are more than just seats......

Outrageous and typical, they don't seem to give a damn, make a mess of the inside and scratch outside going too close to hedges etc,

but we 'over-react' to it. Go for a wee in the kitchen sink however, and watch them go :rofl:

Go for a wee in the kitchen sink however, and watch them go :rofl:

Even then they don't realise that when we do that we're still helping them....

I'll get that bit of egg off that plate before I'm done. :D

They are only car seats at the end of the day, but i blame you, take her on a proper holiday to get a real tan you tight git :rofl:

LOL, what and make him spend money on a holiday for her when he could be spending it on potential mods?! :D

Edit :-

Disclaimer :- I do not enforce any of the above and my girl friend comes 1nd...

Edited by foey

This sounds so familiar. I have seat covers on my car about 80% of the time. Last Christmas I took them off as we were visiting family and I wanted to car to look nice. We went for a walk in the local park (think woods and a lake, not swings and a slide) to try and walk off some of the excess turkey. When we got back the car I changed my shoes and said to her

“You’ve got mud all up the back of your jeans, be careful not to get it on the cream car seats.â€

“OK†she says. She then sits in the passenger seat, and proceeds to change her shoes, rubbing the back of her jeans up the front to the seat.

OMG did the proverbial hit the fan over that one.

So, to the OP, did you over react? Less than I did by the sounds of it.

Luckily I have had no 'major' incidents in the vRS but did spill some wax on my drivers seat the other day..... just me to blame!

However I had the exact same situation with my ex in my ibiza. On the way there the other half emptied the contents of a blue WKD on to my seats (same colour as VRS ones's). Things got worse on the way home when one of her mates complained about my spirited driving to the point where I had to extract her from the car whilst she emptied her guts. If that had gone in the car I would of gone nuts!

Now you know why I'm single :D

I love the comments above. I am so pleased I am not alone on the mission to keep the seats clean. My four year old son has been banned from eating in the VRS after he dropped a full tube of smarties over the back seats (on a very hot day!). His car seat is sitting on a blanket and I have a two tubs of wipes in the boot. One tub for the seats and another tub for the little devils hands! I often tell my wife that I will ban her from eating and drinking in the car if she makes a mess. She thinks I am joking but she is heading dangerously close to the ban.! :rofl:

After some painstaking time vacuuming the Furby out, it seems it's just before the time my better half decides she wants to demolish a PHILPS pasty.

Needless to say, the flaky pastry goes everywhere, some of it actually reaches her mouth LOL

Some call it love, I know what I call it, **^^SS!!"?? there I feel so much better now. LOL

Edited by giandougl

Luckily I have had no 'major' incidents in the vRS but did spill some wax on my drivers seat the other day..... just me to blame!

However I had the exact same situation with my ex in my ibiza. On the way there the other half emptied the contents of a blue WKD on to my seats (same colour as VRS ones's). Things got worse on the way home when one of her mates complained about my spirited driving to the point where I had to extract her from the car whilst she emptied her guts. If that had gone in the car I would of gone nuts!

Now you know why I'm single :D

You're well shot mate. No proper lady would drink WKD Blue anyway.

Just car Seats?

Ask her if she'd be fine with you smothering ya self in Fake tan and then rolling all over the light colored sofa she spent so long choosing, or the lovely girly bed sheets!

They're not just seats but a personal belonging that deserve respect..

SWMBO knows how crazy I am about the car and luckily she doesn't take the p!ss.. but she has been known to leave lolly pop sticks in the door cubby! lol.. Which she forgot to remove after a long trip... and then in her defence offered to clean out! Annoyingly she knows I wouldn't let her anywhere near the car (this is the same girl that cleaned the microwave with the green side of the sponge and couldn't work out why the cloudy greasiness over the plastic window was just getting worse and worse) HA!

You didn't over react mate.

But I tell you what.. if you show her this.. you'll hear "They're all just nutters like you though" Grrrr Can't win! I'm so lucky that SWMBO is a mk2 Golf fan and so understands the love for a motor!

Edited by Rob.

Update....... me this time

Managed to stand in an ice cream and didnt notice :S Which must of been covered in raspberry sauce, it has ruined a pair of trainers (been through the washer and wont come out) and its now on my vrs mat. Haven't even tried to get it out yet but I am preparing for the worst :'(

Update....... me this time

Managed to stand in an ice cream and didnt notice :S Which must of been covered in raspberry sauce, it has ruined a pair of trainers (been through the washer and wont come out) and its now on my vrs mat. Haven't even tried to get it out yet but I am preparing for the worst :'(

The original vrs mats are pretty robust and can take a good cleaning well.

Just use a quality stain removal product and you'll be fine I reckon. :yes:

Few weeks ago the GF and I was having a nice country drive. Stopped to grab some drinks. on the way home she went to have some and somehow missed her mouth! split banana milk shake on the seat and carpet.

Now she knows the car comes first and was aplogising left, right, centre. I told he its fine dont worry about it.

Pulled up at mine, told her to stay here for a minute. Ran inside and returned with the car cleaning kit, and told her she can clean it up.

she was out there for over an hour :giggle:

Harsh...yes

Lesson learnt...yes

Just need to be firm somethings :rofl: