Anyone seen any mad number plates?

EddGee

Seems like every other new registration time there's  an article in papers/magazines/online  about the DVLA and how they pre-emptively go through prospective reg combinations and take out the ones which are potentially offensive, but I guess some get missed.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/60780/banned-uk-number-plates-the-19-plate-car-registrations-axed-by-the-dvla

The DVLA also has the power to force drivers to hand back number plates if one is found to have slipped through the net. One example of this is the proud owner who paid £6,000 for 'CU11 NNT', only to find the DVLA ask for it back.

The DVLA also has the power to force drivers to hand back number plates if one is found to have slipped through the net. One example of this is the proud owner who paid £6,000 for 'CU11 NNT', only to find the DVLA ask for it back.

Even if you buy a plate from the DVLA or other plate sellers they are still owned by the DVLA. The price you pay is only for the privilege of having it on your car or on retention.  They can take the plate off you any time they like. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Also @Mee - Worryingly, I'm certain that was both deliberate, and permitted by the DVLA.

Prather more worryingly, it’s a regular / all dayer  at my local Drs / dentist surgery (shared car park, and yes they do fill up the normal spaces as only Drs have designated spots), so the chances of it belonging to employee of one or other is high 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst parked up in a massive traffic jam due to an accident on the M11 South bound this evening I spotted this nice number plate, the car was being driven by a rather nice looking female.

Pity Mrs G was riding shot gun otherwise I'd have got out and tapped on her window

IMG_2490.jpg

• 2 weeks later...