Anyone seen any mad number plates?

EddGee

A question to @RobClubley, are you able to do a search on GB1584?

I had the plate on a Mk2 Cooper S rally car I built from a track saloon rolling chassis in 1972. Body was originally a Mk1 and I believe it had been campaigned in the Dulux track series with a 970/1071 engine.

I ran it in the Heatway and Caledonian Safari rallies in 1973 under Woolcraft NZ ltd sponsorship. 

Edited by Warrior193
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

A question to @RobClubley, are you able to do a search on GB1584?

I had the plate on a Mk2 Cooper S rally car I built from a track saloon rolling chassis in 1972. Body was originally a Mk1 and I believe it had been campaigned in the Dulux track series with a 970/1071 engine.

I ran it in the Heatway and Caledonian Safari rallies in 1973 under Woolcraft NZ ltd sponsorship. 

Looks like the plate no longer exists
image.png.ddd46ded5073c621f60795ee285bf827.png

• Thanks 1

No photograph to substantiate, but today I saw a classic case of a number plate worth more than the car.

The car was an older circa 2005 Holden (Vauxhall/Opel) Astra with peeling paintwork and generally rundown appearance (so worth about A$1500) and the number plate was a South Australian issued "3".

Bear in mind that each Australian state has its own government and system responsible for controlling and issuing number plates and it only has to be unique within the state so there is 'duplication' across Australia

Current bidding for NSW issued "1" is around A$8m. Previous record was about A$2.17m for NSW issued "4"

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 2

7 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

No photograph to substantiate, but today I saw a classic case of a number plate worth more than the car.

The car was an older circa 2005 Holden (Vauxhall/Opel) Astra with peeling paintwork and generally rundown appearance (so worth about A$1500) and the number plate was a South Australian issued "3".

Bear in mind that each Australian state has its own government and system responsible for controlling and issuing number plates and it only has to be unique within the state so there is 'duplication' across Australia

Current bidding for NSW issued "1" is around A$8m. Previous record was about A$2.17m for NSW issued "4"

Way kewel, particularly with the additional info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this morning F3nda ie Fender on an old Land Rover (110) defender. The V8 sounded nice as it pulled away from the petrol station.

• Like 2

Neighbours daughter drives an Audi registration DA15EYX but had a gap between the Y and X creating DAISEY. However when she pulled up today the letters were all correctly spaced so I reckon she’s been pulled up for it 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Patryk3344 said:

Cześć czy ktoś robił robił aktualizacje dla tej jednostki skąd pobrać plik i jak to zrobić 

20240308_235033.heic 478.76 kB · 0 downloads

Hi it looks like you've posted whatever your problem is in the wrong section of the site but I'm assuming you're having issues with your head unit. 

Please also be aware that the language to be used is English.

I've converted your file from .heic to .PNG in case it helps others who may be able to help. 

"Hi, has anyone done updates for this unit, where to download the file and how to do it"

Cześć, wygląda na to, że opisałeś swój problem w niewłaściwej sekcji witryny, ale zakładam, że masz problemy z jednostką główną.

Należy również pamiętać, że używanym językiem jest angielski.

Przekonwertowałem Twój plik z .heic na .PNG na wypadek, gdyby pomogło to innym, którzy mogą być w stanie pomóc.

20240308_235033.thumb.png.39ffb095adb3e1ff4d436207fdf7101b.png

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, @Lee said:

Hi it looks like you've posted whatever your problem is in the wrong section of the site but I'm assuming you're having issues with your head unit. 

Please also be aware that the language to be used is English.

I've converted your file from .heic to .PNG in case it helps others who may be able to help.

And there was me thinking that @Patryk3344 had seen a funny numberplate 😏

• Haha 1

Spotted '1 HGV' yesterday, on an artic obviously, but not a big name haulier such as Eddie Stoddart. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2024 at 19:03, Gammyleg said:

Spotted '1 HGV' yesterday, on an artic obviously, but not a big name haulier such as Eddie Stoddart. 

I think you mean Eddie Stobart. The Eddie Stobart name is used nowadays but there are far, far fewer on the road. The company was mainly taken over by Muller, of Muller Rice fame, and the majority of the trucks are now branded as Culina. In our area these trucks are most frequently being used to service Morrissons supermarkets.

Another name which was just as famous on the continent was Norbert Dentressangle. This company was bought out and is now XPO logistics and is frequently seen here.

Edited by Routemaster1461

12 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I think you mean Eddie Stobart. The Eddie Stobart name is used nowadays but there are far, far fewer on the road. The company was mainly taken over by Muller, of Muller Rice fame,

Müller with an Umlaut or Mueller without ;)

19 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I think you mean Eddie Stobart. The Eddie Stobart name is used nowadays but there are far, far fewer on the road. The company was mainly taken over by Muller, of Muller Rice fame, and the majority of the trucks are now branded as Culina. In our area these trucks are most frequently being used to service Morrissons supermarkets.

Another name which was just as famous on the continent was Norbert Dentressangle. This company was bought out and is now XPO logistics and is frequently seen here.

Missed that.

Anyways whilst googling it the actual structure is :

Parent Company : Müller

Who have the subsidaries :
Müller Milk & Ingredients
Culina Group

Culina Group added Eddie Stobart in July 21 (With William Stobart being Deputy CEO of Culina) bringing its list of subsidiaries to:
Culina Logistics
Fowler Welch
Stobart
Stobart Europe
Great Bear

Culina actually acquired 
GreenWhiteStar Acquisitions ,which comprised  "Eddie Stobart, Eddie Stobart Europe, iForce, The Pallet Network, and The Logistics People" , from  Logistics Development Group

https://markets.ft.com/data/announce/detail?dockey=1323-15040641-7P9KQPHHSQP0IKL9IB3AK0JDPR

Corporate restructures & acquisitions are fun ;o)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

MS 13ANG
Fiat 500 with young lady driver.

The 1 & 3 very close together, the mind boggles…

Not much going to be happening in a Fiat 500 😏

• Haha 1