Scouts common as muck

Had to laugh the other day. I thought my arctic green scout would be pretty uncom

mon. Visited the local dealer and they had 6 scouts for sale including 4 arctic green!

Out here in NZ, I've been conscously looking for other Skodas since placing my order just over a month ago for a new Scout. In that time, I have yet to see a single Skoda, let alone a Scout, either on the road or at my dealer, who currently has zero stock of any model!

Had to laugh the other day. I thought my arctic green scout would be pretty uncom

mon. Visited the local dealer and they had 6 scouts for sale including 4 arctic green!

.....looks better than the dark blue though Nick ? :doh:

I saw two Scouts being driven around in the North East last week - one in the Team Valley and the other just south of Durham. I've only ever seen one on the road before. Dirt common now.

A mate of mine is a Paramedic and he drives a 2.0PD Scout. Says it's the best car they have ever had. Thats out of Volvo's and Scoobys. I would certaintly like to have the blue lights he has....

I'm a Paramedic on rapid response and we're hoping to get Scouts to replace the focus estates we have at the moment. All that weight in the back of a fwd car means no progress in the winter. My own 4x4 Octavia would run rings round the focus

I've seen a total of 3 Scouts ever - including my own!

I was overtaken by a silver one on the day I ordered mine (4 months ago). And I now find that there's another silver one that regularly parks at my local station. But that's it.

Even the dealer (in London) said they were pretty rare in the south - I think they said that mine was the first one they'd had in.

Still, not as rare as Yetis - I've only seen one of those in the flesh.

I'm a Paramedic on rapid response and we're hoping to get Scouts to replace the focus estates we have at the moment. All that weight in the back of a fwd car means no progress in the winter. My own 4x4 Octavia would run rings round the focus

Quite a few of the paramedic cars in South Yorkshire seem to be Scouts and the car park at the Royal Hallamshire always seems to have a few unmarked 4x4's in staff spaces as well...

• 2 months later...

Saw a paramedic scout today, just outside Midsomer Norton.

I was far more excited than I should have been. Driver of said car also seemed to check mine out, probably wondering where my dayglo paintjob had gone.

Edited by foo

Arctic Green is of course the best colour :thumbup::thumbup:

Ive only ever seen one other of "our" colour on the road but I know a couple of dealers who having seen ours are ordering them in

I have seen two in 3 years - one on the south circular near where I live, and one in Coniston in the Lakes. I've been driving mine for a couple of weeks and am quite enjoying the quizzical looks.

When I was taking the pics for the forum (see thread My New Scout) a guy came out of his house to ask about the car because he assumed it was a new model on a road test.

Common as rocking horse...

Edited by London Les

Seen none in Auckland NZ at all since i ordered mine. Drove Yeti before ordering Scout instead so never saw one up here.

Saw 3 different Scouts in Queenstown in 3 days though...go figure.

• 5 months later...

I don't know if anybody has said it but up here around Huddersfield/Halifax area nearly all the ambulance cars are octavia scouts! we had heavy snow yesterday morning so i guess that is why!!!!

Anybody know where they sell 'em second hand or do they just go to auction?!

as far as i am aware they go to a company for disposal, who strip them of all the extras that were put on (blue lights, siren and green/yellow check etc) and then they will go to auction.

IMHO Possibly not the best 2nd hand buy as they have a hard life, ours are usually run at least 20hrs a day every day