Delivery Dates For Octavia Vrs

theres a bit in Auto express about long delivery times today. The scap wanted to cancel his order and get his £1000 deposit back for his octavia. Dealer said no but when auto express got involved, they refunded him....

Out of curiosity, what delay did this former buyer have to endure before demanding a refund of his deposit?

Was it near to the 11 months that I'm currently suffering for want of an Octavia 1.6TDI CR 4x4; which I ordered in May but now don't expect to see until April? (If at all..)

Edited by Rab-k

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rab-K cant believe you have had that long a wait. It cant take that long to build your car. Are you sure the dealer has not already got it and sold it

You better believe it... and the dealer hasn't flogged it, trust me.

I'm still swapping e-mails with Skoda UK CS on the matter; but not getting very far TBH. :(

Suspect not. CS say there will be a "gesture of Goodwill" once I take delivery of the vehicle. Which I suspect is the £300 or there abouts of which I've read about here and there. Even then, don't know if that'll come from Skoda UK direct or the dealer.

In fairness to the dealer, they'll have to honour the trade in price for my current wheels which will be 11 months older and have an extra 10K on the clock than when the deal was done back in May; so I doubt they'll be falling over themselves to throw in any extras.

Ordered my White VRS estate Diesel, DSG, full leather, sat nav, first week in Aug and it was meant to be delivered 6th of December, have just been told third week of Jan!!! If it wasnt a company car i would tell them to stick it, this is just a joke nearly 5 and half months for delivery!!!

Woo Hoo!

Informed on Tuesday that mine's been built & I just have to wait 3-5 weeks for delivery! Ordered on 23rd June (Anthracite VRS,Diesel with leather) notified built 5 months to the day.

Just hope it gets here by Christmas..... :doh:

Got an email today that my Race Blue petrol manual VRS (Maxidot, Leather, Heated Seats, Auto Dim, Rear Parking Sensors) build week has now been brought forward to week 50 (week beginning 13/12). Looks like I might get it for sometime in January....

Just found out mines wont be starting to get built till the 1st week in january.

They originally told me it would be ready for collection on the 29th of december,. Hopefully it will give me a chance to re spec the car.

All i had as extra's was the leather interior. Is there anything i shouldnt miss out on? I dont want Zenon's cos i have to change my lights to left hand drive ones as i stay in germany and it would prove expensive

Just found out mines wont be starting to get built till the 1st week in january.

They originally told me it would be ready for collection on the 29th of december,. Hopefully it will give me a chance to re spec the car.

All i had as extra's was the leather interior. Is there anything i shouldnt miss out on? I dont want Zenon's cos i have to change my lights to left hand drive ones as i stay in germany and it would prove expensive

Maxidot

14th August..........................Blue..................Hatch...................DSG............Diesel...................late Dec/early Jan (from original 44, then week 45.

Having spoken to the dealer today, build week is 50. With the Christmas break affecting delivery, I should see it mid January!

I am assuming that a build week only 2 weeks away should mean it will happen then - assuming they must know what they are going to build 2 weeks before!!??

Now wk 48 and hoping

YIPPEE !!! Car built and on way to docks. Not long now then! So excited.

Ordered winter tyres from Kwik fit Continental ts830 205/55 16 arrived at local branch in a few days

Ordered 6.5 j Skoda spec rims from local vw dealearship yesterday with 10% discount, who should have them next Tuesday.

Fortunately they should also fit my 2007 mdl Seat Leon Stylance tdi, so will put them on for a few weeks, after the snow nightmare. Think that my local council rationed the salt. Roads are lethal, even by our local hospital. Such a disgrace.

Having Ventureshild fitted at Covertech Birmingham +detailed by Midland Detailing. All costs more than I planned, but should benefit in the long term.

Hopefully happy days

Edited by teebee

Do the xenons change to left hand drive or does it just flatten out the beam?

It flattens out the beam, so if you're living over there it may not be enough, but it's fine for holidays etc

Ordered my race blue manual petrol vRS with leather, maxi dot, rear sensors, dimming mirrors,spare wheel on the 23rd August, it arrived at the port this week and I've arranged to pick it up from the dealers this coming Saturday (11th) wooooohooooo :rofl::rofl: , I've also sorted my 7 days complimentary insurance through Skoda and will insure through them after this period as they have given me £50 off their original quote of £440 because I told them I could get it for £371 from Esure......that means I'm paying £390 and any potential knocks/ repairs will be going through Skoda dealers......just going to sort out some wheels/winter tyres and I'll be happy - I might buy 5 spare tyres instead of one as they cost £50 each (thats £200 for 4, sell the tyres on ebay which could go towards the winter ones- anyone else done this?)

Ordered my octavia vrs petrol estate in candy white,with silver roof bars,maxidot,xenons,spare wheel and sunroof on the 1st November been told to expect it early January,was expecting a much longer wait to be honest after reading some on here.

Ordered my new Octavia VRs CR estate in white yesterday ( 06 Dec), been told i'm looking at March before its ready for me.

Extras are rear parking sensors, maxidot, auto mirror, spare wheel & sunset glass.

Can't wait to get it but the wait won't be too bad as it'll be replacing a race blue octavia VRs hatch!!