Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Storm blue YG10 reg in West Witton this morning - rare sighting in these parts. Couldn't wave as we were in SWMBO's Panda 4x4 at the time|!

West witton is one of my favourite places... Especially the Coverbridge Inn.

THE best steak and ale pie E V E R !

West witton is one of my favourite places... Especially the Coverbridge Inn.

THE best steak and ale pie E V E R !

Glad you have happy memories of the area - but the Cover Bridge is at EAST Witton - about ten miles from WEST Witton (on the other side of Leyburn)!

Glad you have happy memories of the area - but the Cover Bridge is at EAST Witton - about ten miles from WEST Witton (on the other side of Leyburn)!

West Witton Fox and Hounds proper pub and Wensleydale Heifer great fish but expensive, do some cheap deals (if you need somewhere to take your mucky woman!):devil:

Been there a couple of times with Wonderwoman.

Of course it is, silly me.

To and from Middlesbrough today (M62, M1, A1(M), A19) and spotted 4 in total ... overtook a grey one on the A19 north around 1.00pm, and another (silver/grey ... difficult to tell in the dark) on the way home (about 5.30) just as the A19 joins the A1.

Waved at Aerofurb (T18ET?) on my way to Finmere and followed a Red Yeti (61 Reg) on the last leg of my journey.

And I waved back M_Y! :)

I was running late for a visit to Peterborough but despite that was stictly obeying the speed limits... ;) Brackley bypass is huge fun in a Yeti when you know the roundabouts. It was the first time I've watched DRLs from the front and they are very impressive. Later on I saw more Yeti's - brown, green and Cappuccino (TIBET 2 may well be Cappuccino if Cayenne Orange isn't available).

And I waved back M_Y! :)

I was running late for a visit to Peterborough but despite that was stictly obeying the speed limits... ;) Brackley bypass is huge fun in a Yeti when you know the roundabouts. It was the first time I've watched DRLs from the front and they are very impressive. Later on I saw more Yeti's - brown, green and Cappuccino (TIBET 2 may well be Cappuccino if Cayenne Orange isn't available).

Indeed! Also saw a couple of Yeti in Hastings today. (Black Elegance by the sea front, Pacific Blue S in Bexhill and an 1.2 SE driving pass).

Nothing to add except is this the longest thread ever - a candidate for the Guiness Book Of Records perhaps ?

There, that's yet another response added to it :giggle:

I never thought it would run this long! Glad it has though.

Spotted

Tangerine Yeti, Kinnerley Village hall carpark, nr Oswestry.

Seen it a few times. Not yet found out who's it is.

This is the only other Yeti I've seen in the area, apart from the ones that Furrows Oswestry have

Well a silver one has just driven past the 'box here, and the driver needs to read the Highway Code..........RED FLASHING LIGHTS MEAN STOP!!.

Luckily for them I wasn't able to get their reg number!!

Yeti owner or not, they would have been reported!!

I've seen a Candy White on a 61 plate locally a few times lately but today I was following it through our village (Small Dole) until I turned off. As I turned into the cul-de-sac where I live there was another one across my bows! Two 61 plates in Candy White within 100yds of each other and within 2 minutes, I'm being invaded. :rofl:

As I was a passenger in my wife's new Fiat Panda I suspect that my manic waving was interpreted as just that, MANIC.

Fred

Spotted one on my way home from work in menston (Leeds) tonight.

In either blue or black I think? It was dark.

I was in a candy white SE if you saw me.

Black 10 reg Yeti on Tesco's roof top car park in Sale this morning.

First one I've seen there.... at Tesco's that is....... there's a dark green one lurking in the area too, but the female driver doesn't seem want to return my occasional wave!

Another Muscovado Yeti pulled up next to me in Co-op food store in Ramsey this morning - had a chat to the driver -it is a 10 plate 1.2 petrol. Bought from Wings Peterborough April 2010 - it was their showroom display car. Apparently, there is another muscovado Yeti resident in Upwood/Great Raveley in Cambridgeshire- about 4 miles from me, but I have not seen it as yet - anyone on here ?

No snow here as yet - but very cold. We are off to North wales this weekend, so might need the Yeti off-road button there (the winter tyres are on - car feels very safe in these cold damp conditions).

Pete

Got a wave and a smile from driver of a dark green one as we passed in opposite directions, cautiously, in the snow up on t'moors this morning. Concentrating so hard I can't remember exactly which part of the journey that was on now!

Got a headlight flash from a White one heading anti clockwise on the elevated M60 section in Stockport this morning. I did wave but perhaps not quickly enough for you to see?!