Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Up until now the only Yetis I've seen locally have whizzed by fairly quick. I managed to have a closer look on Friday as a Cappuccino/Gobi 1.2 DSG had parked nearby. I was admiring the Gobi interior (dealer only had Onyx when we ordered) when its owners turned up. They were very impressed with it and said it was much quieter than the Merc they had before.

Then yesterday I saw a Black Magic 4x4 TSI around the same place.

Hopefully in a month or so there'll be a Muscovado here too - build week 19 so starting on it a week tomorrow.

We've had a weekend away at a CSMA Conference at Hellidon Lakes and saw one Yeti in the opposite queue to us on the outskirts of Worcester on the way there on Friday (driver waved, wife called me sad) and then 3 this afternoon between Stratford and Leominster on a VERY wet journey home.

Spotted a blue yeti in ilkley today guy driving waved, I tried to wave back but was a bit late with it.

Not sure if it was anyone on here, the wave did make me think so though.

Saw an Aqua Blue in a car park in Godmanchester today. I've seen it there before so the owner must work for the council, or something.

Chris

I just saw my first other Bronze Yeti. Oxford Road in Reading, near to Waitrose about 09:15; I flashed (the lights!) and the female driver waved back.

• Like 1

Saw another Aqua Blue, in my village, Gamlingay, this morning: an 11 plate.

He keeps it in a garage so I can't go and ogle it periodically . . .

Chris

Driving home from St Albans (after seeing a black Yeti parked in Blue Horse Hill) we got a very friendly wave from another black (or very dark Blue) coming Southbound J5 on the M1 for Watford. Was it us, or were you hanging back to double check it was a Yeti about to pull up adjacent at the roundabout?

You can tell it's holiday time in Pembrokeshire:-

1. The price of petrol/diesel increases- mad! Considering most of it comes from one of the 3 local oil refineries.

2. Tesco & Morrisons stop all wine offers.

3. You see more Yetis!

Saw a grey one twice yesterday, or it could have been 2 different ones!

Today saw a dark blue Greenline. Sorry to owners, but I don't like dark blue.

The car looks a lot smaller in that colour, mine in silver looks huge!

Edited by MikeWales

Saw four on Saturday - and not at a dealership either. First was a red one heading York direction on the A1079, then was admiring someones excellent choice of Muscovado, parked just outside Beverley, when a silver SM passed by in the other lane. Royce Roberts (Hull Skoda dealership) were doing a sales pitch in the market place in Beverley with a white Yeti and Octy Scout.

Must have been a blip though, as the roads were Yeti-less yesterday while driving around east of Hull then coming back home today.

Build week 19 has arrived :happy: and hoping to have the car by the end of the month...

Saw (briefly) a Red Yeti today about 12.15 travelling in the opposite direction to me down Soothill, Batley, but I was concentrating on my driving ( under the gaze of SWMBO) :giggle:

Not sure if this is a winner, but, including my Beast, there are 3 on my road alone. I haven't seen any others around dark and murky Norf Landan. They're all in the same place, a single road.

What is the term for a group of Yetis? A "family"? A "Set"? A "Gaggle"?

Answers on a...erm...Yeti forum?

Nahuna

I think we had this discussion once before, but I'm knocking on a bit and can't quite remember. Doubtless 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 will show up and tell us before long. I favour a beast of Yeti.

• Like 1

Two sightings and two waves today ... from a green one in Normanton about 2.00pm, and a grey one in Sowerby Bridge about 3.30.

Not sure if this is a winner, but, including my Beast, there are 3 on my road alone. I haven't seen any others around dark and murky Norf Landan. They're all in the same place, a single road.

Answers on a...erm...Yeti forum?

Nahuna

A footprint [of Yetis] ?

Not one ....... either in a drive or on the road in a 4 hour trip from Weymouth - Bristol and back.

Perhaps they dont like the somerset levels?

Not one ....... either in a drive or on the road in a 4 hour trip from Weymouth - Bristol and back.

Perhaps they dont like the somerset levels?

I shall be driving from Gloucester to Weymouth on tuesday, so i will keep my eye out and let you know if it was just one day!

• Like 1