Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Well I'm a bit dischuffed this afternoon. Saw a black, 60 reg, TDI 4x4 in Hebden Bridge this evening, driven by a woman, probably late 50s/early 60s. Awkward junction at which I had right of way, but with a smile and a cheery wave I let her in. Not only no cheery wave back, not even the slightest hint of a 'thank you' for giving way. Miserable b*t*h!

Well I'm a bit dischuffed this afternoon. Saw a black, 60 reg, TDI 4x4 in Hebden Bridge this evening, driven by a woman, probably late 50s/early 60s. Awkward junction at which I had right of way, but with a smile and a cheery wave I let her in. Not only no cheery wave back, not even the slightest hint of a 'thank you' for giving way. Miserable b*t*h!

She`s an undertaker just room in the back with the seats taken out....... quite a few female ones these days!

A lot of women in Hebden Bridge don`t like men just other women in fact it has been voted the lesbian capital of the uk!!!!

Only joking!Just seen a Steel Grey 60 plate(or similar)one heading towards M62 junc 25 from Mirfied at Cooper Bridge.Can`t wave cos I look daft when I am in an Octavia.

Edited by Maffa

She`s an undertaker just room in the back with the seats taken out....... quite a few female ones these days!

A lot of women in Hebden Bridge don`t like men just other women in fact it has been voted the lesbian capital of the uk!!!!

Only joking!Just seen a Steel Grey 60 plate(or similar)one heading towards M62 junc 25 from Mirfied at Cooper Bridge.Can`t wave cos I look daft when I am in an Octavia.

Yup, it's true enough, Hebden's run by the Muffia!

apparently we have three in Builth Wells... Met a lady in the "High Street" who was hovering by mine, and who wanted to talk!

Their Yeti was available to then at Easter, having ordered in June last year!! WHAT, I said? Then she explained:- They'd ordered a 140 SE from a Welsh garage, and when it arrived 6 1/2 months later, it was a 110.....Grrrrr.

As they wanted it to tow, it was the WRONG one, despite the salesman's efforts to say that the 110 would do! More grrrr.

The replacement then took another five months. Still, they had managed to negotiate several compensatory enhancements which had sort of made it acceptable. Free towbar, donations(s) from SUK, free mudflaps, free spare. and so on.

All that apart, they were delighted with their YETI - and told me of the other 2 or 3 in the little town. So - Wales, and more specifically mid-Wales is slowly becoming a bit of a hot-bed, a ghetto of Yeti.

(PS - on my way in over the Epynt I came across two film crews using Canon 5D as video cameras - WALKING beside a Merc coop, and then later a Merc saloon. Why the walking?)

(PS - on my way in over the Epynt I came across two film crews using Canon 5D as video cameras - WALKING beside a Merc coop, and then later a Merc saloon. Why the walking?)

Probably something arty-farty, George! :giggle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spotted one today.

Pacific Blue 11 plate.

Sat on my drive for the first time :)

Not sure if a Friday the 13th car is good or bad :mmm:

Thats very good to hear; any photo's by the way :wonder:

Said hello to another Monster on the A166 near Fridaythorpe early this morning; been seeing her and owner quite regularly lately but the first time in my own beast.

Regards,

TP

Thats very good to hear; any photo's by the way :wonder:

Said hello to another Monster on the A166 near Fridaythorpe early this morning; been seeing her and owner quite regularly lately but the first time in my own beast.

Regards,

TP

Hi TP.

No photos as of yet.

The good lady wife is overseas at the moment and has the better digital camera.

The Monster with no name will be a surprise for when she returns as well.

-

Richard

Spotted one today.

Pacific Blue 11 plate.

:thumbup:

Spotted one today.

Pacific Blue 11 plate.

I think it depends on what day of the week it is made on. I remember my fathers only ever new car, an Austin Maxi 1750. I think it was either a friday afternoon car or a monday morning car emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Nuff said.

Spotted one today.

Pacific Blue 11 plate.

It's OK, it wasn't registered on Friday 13th October so you'll not be accused of heresy, double crossed by a Frenchie and burned at the stake.

Oh and I saw a dirty silver Yeti today. It kind of blended into the other traffic so I nearly missed it.

Oh and I saw a dirty silver Yeti today. It kind of blended into the other traffic so I nearly missed it.

Thats why you have red and I have white....Bold colours...emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I parked nose-to-nose with a very new-looking Candy White 11 reg in the car park at Sainsburys in Straiton today. Supplied by West End Garage in Broxburn so must have been someone reasonably local. Possibly even the old boy on a Honda VFR400 who started chatting to me about my Yeti a few months back outside the Straiton Halfords!

I think both the Juke and the Yeti are gaining in popularity. Anyone seeking exclusivity might look at ASX or any Jeep crossovers instead. Coincidentally, went to see the Kia Sportage on my way home today, nice car actually, but two let down's, plastic a little cheap and rear headroom is very poor.

Clocked a silver Yeti on the roundabout at Bolton Abbey this morning, heading up the hill towards Harrogate as I was travelling towards Skipton. Waved to the surprised owner but we were both cornering quite fast so no time to flash lights.

LizC

Saw a '60 plate Steel Greey heading south down the A27 yesterday towards Chichester. Waved as he passed but don't know if it's a memebr or not

Help! Am I the only Yeti in Cornwall? Have had mine for 6 weeks and have not seen another on the roads down here!

Hang on in there, Kernewek!

Just picked up on your post bemoaning (?or boasting about?) your exclusivity in Cornwall. Presumably you got yours at Carr's, Indian Queens?

Phone call from them last week - my 1.2 SE (ordered 5th Feb) should be ready for collection some time next week.

Without boasting I think I will probably be the most westerly SM in England - travel more than 6 miles west from me & your next landfall is Nth America (if you miss Scilly!)

Have seen a few other SM's in the last 3 months but as many posters to this forum have said they are (certainly down here) as rare as hen's teeth. (Snob, snob)

So jealous emoticon-0132-envy.gifemoticon-0183-swear.gif. We have to wait until Sept to get our hands on our Greenline and show it some Cornish back lanes.

Though we did spot two SM's around Launceston early afternoon today,

one in silver on the A30 and one not two minutes after just down from Tesco in Pacific Blue.

emoticon-0125-mmm.gifmmmm, Pacific Blue, did look good.

See my post earlier today in reply to Kernewek.

If there's going to be another one in Cornwall I might have to think about having the monster put down and moving to something a tad more exclusive. They're not renowned for being beasts that mix easily in the wild !! (And North Cornwall can certainly be wild!)