Next generation Octavia revealed

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of it I like, some I'm not so sure about - like everyone says, the back end isn't the greatest. Maybe they'll see the light between concept and reality though...

Something else I'm really not sure about is the name...."Vision D" doesn't really give the best acronym ever!!!!!!

The rear bumper certainly has a "chinless" look about it. Flesh that out a bit and I think the rear will be great. The new Focus - and all current Fords IMHO - are so over designed that I really like the simplicity of this concept. I especially like the nose and the small slightly menacing looking headlights. The FL Octy’s headlights are just too big and feminine (i.e. curvy) to ever come across as menacing in a rear view mirror!

But all in all it looks very small. My first thought was also SEAT Leon mk 1 as mentioned above. The Octy has always been a sort of between Golf and Passat size (in my book). This looks very much Golf sized. And there we were thinking VW wants Å koda to tread LESS on their toes?!

I dunno, brown is the new white. A set of coilovers and gold compomotives :p and that Allegro would look mint.... :wub:B)

That Allegro with a red grille...........mmmmmmmm..........that might just work :thumbup:

The rear bumper certainly has a "chinless" look about it. Flesh that out a bit and I think the rear will be great. The new Focus - and all current Fords IMHO - are so over designed that I really like the simplicity of this concept. I especially like the nose and the small slightly menacing looking headlights. The FL Octy’s headlights are just too big and feminine (i.e. curvy) to ever come across as menacing in a rear view mirror!

But all in all it looks very small. My first thought was also SEAT Leon mk 1 as mentioned above. The Octy has always been a sort of between Golf and Passat size (in my book). This looks very much Golf sized. And there we were thinking VW wants Å koda to tread LESS on their toes?!

According to CAR Magazine's website this new model is supposed to fit between Fabia and Octy (i.e. Focus size).

According to CAR Magazine's website this new model is supposed to fit between Fabia and Octy (i.e. Focus size).

Ah! That explains the size then!

I don't like the look of that the front is ok but the rear is awful,i won't be buying one,don't like the all chrome skoda badge either,it's too Vauxhall badge looking to me being all chrome..

NO very disappointed with the look of that octy.....

If its a new model & something to sit between the Fabia & the Octy then its possibly going to work, needs a decent sporty model to go with the looks, 350 bhp 4WD would be nice :thumbup::thumbup:

If its to replace the Octy it may alianate a lot of the previous octy customers, it dosent look ideal for taxi work as the rear roof is to low, same for the family with grown up kids & a bit too modern looking for a lot of older people who buy Octys, the marketing boys will need to take a long look

like the front and side profiles but not keep on the rear. Still combi might look better.

Still waiting for skoda to do a model base or like the TT, really if skoda knocked one out I'd be on the waiting list

I thought the next Octavia was going to be this 2013 Octavia

This seems much more in line with current 'family' look of an Octavia with a large boot. This I would seriously consider when I change in 2013/4.

The concept car in post No1 I do not like, the back end looks horrible. Looks like a Mercedes C class coupe

I thought the next Octavia was going to be this 2013 Octavia

This seems much more in line with current 'family' look of an Octavia with a large boot. This I would seriously consider when I change in 2013/4.

The concept car in post No1 I do not like, the back end looks horrible. Looks like a Mercedes C class coupe

Better now i could go for that :thumbup:

its only a concept though, its more to show what areas they may be incorporating in future cars...its not a new model

how many concepts have we seen in the past that have never made it