Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Having mine looked at tomorrow - Ive checked them and they are J's?

From searching through this thread it is apparent they will be changed, is this correct can anyone clarify whether they should be or not?

Cheers

they will be changed to 4 revision D coils

Well they would've done if they hadn't ordered the wrong parts in and left me waiting for 2 and half hours before telling me they don't even have the right parts to replace it with. How a Skoda Main Delaer can achieve this I'm not quite sure

• 4 months later...

I had coil pack failure at the weekend, i checked the part numbers and had 4 coils all ending in N.

Phoned my Skoda dealer today at 8:30, had a call back from them confirming that my car (55 Reg) does qualify for the recall, they had to check this because my car is an ex police car and they always have trouble finding info about my car as there are no records of service etc... through the Skoda network.

They know me well there and at 2pm had a full set of new coils (revision D)ready to go, they was perfectly happy for me to take away the new coils and fit myself and then return the old units tomorrow once the car was up and running again.

My local dealer is Prestons in Writtle Chelmsford and i would highly recommend them.

I had coil pack failure at the weekend, i checked the part numbers and had 4 coils all ending in N.

Phoned my Skoda dealer today at 8:30, had a call back from them confirming that my car (55 Reg) does qualify for the recall, they had to check this because my car is an ex police car and they always have trouble finding info about my car as there are no records of service etc... through the Skoda network.

They know me well there and at 2pm had a full set of new coils (revision D)ready to go, they was perfectly happy for me to take away the new coils and fit myself and then return the old units tomorrow once the car was up and running again.

My local dealer is Prestons in Writtle Chelmsford and i would highly recommend them.

Its good to see that dealers are still honouring this after all this time. My local dealers was a pain in the ass last year when I wanted mine done, I ended up getting Skoda UK involved!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sorry to dig this up again, The octy i have just bought (51plate) has no record of the packs being done at SUK.... does this mean i could be in line for a new set??

Or have ppl has the stealer kick up a stink?

Also, Do you have to have them fitted or has anyone asked for the parts only and DIY?

"Creakkkkk", old post pages turning and dust settling :rofl: .

It depends on what rev your coil packs are, I would suspect if they have never been changed then prob' yes to you getting a new set free.

Mine were changed by dealer (no service record with them) and was done free of charge with no arguement.

Read a few of the posts almost all potential situations / solutions and guidelines have been covered.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Just come across this thread .... hmmm, better late than never.

I've checked one of my coil packs and it has the following numbers:

06A 905 115A

ELDOR 78250002

17F2 03/04

These numbers don't seem to correspond to any mentioned in this thread but presumably suffix A came before the ones mentioned above. Are they likely to be ones that cause trouble or should have been replaced?

My car is a 54 plate vRS Estate, is on variable interval servicing and has been serviced at a Skoda main dealer for the last 5 years.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Eldor are an OEM supplier, and actually make a lot of the new revision packs. iirc, the dealer fitted Eldor coils when mine went in for the recall.

With yours being revision A, they are probably very old, and should be covered under the recall.

• Like 1

Eldor are an OEM supplier, and actually make a lot of the new revision packs. iirc, the dealer fitted Eldor coils when mine went in for the recall.

With yours being revision A, they are probably very old, and should be covered under the recall.

Cool. Something new learnt.

Had 3 of mine replaced FOC yesterday, I guess someone's either replaced the 4th with a non genuine one or a revised part. Still need to find out what is causing my misfire at low rpm though!!

Had 3 of mine replaced FOC yesterday, I guess someone's either replaced the 4th with a non genuine one or a revised part. Still need to find out what is causing my misfire at low rpm though!!

Probably the forth one one if non gen

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I posted about this recently. I have a 54 plate vRS with suffix A Eldor coil packs. They were all replaced today by my local Skoda dealer. No problems.

However, they told me that my car had not come under the recall notice until November 2011 and this was why it wasn't dealt with at the last service date (I do very few miles per year). I note that there was no attempt to notify me of this recall and had it not been for the chance reading of this thread, I wonder if it would have been automatically picked up at the next service (which happens to be due any time now). How many other things have been fixed or updated but not necessarily automatically notified?

Anyway, that's one more issue dealt with, which can only be good. :happy:

Hello

I posted about this recently. I have a 54 plate vRS with suffix A Eldor coil packs. They were all replaced today by my local Skoda dealer. No problems.

However, they told me that my car had not come under the recall notice until November 2011 and this was why it wasn't dealt with at the last service date (I do very few miles per year). I note that there was no attempt to notify me of this recall and had it not been for the chance reading of this thread, I wonder if it would have been automatically picked up at the next service (which happens to be due any time now). How many other things have been fixed or updated but not necessarily automatically notified?

Anyway, that's one more issue dealt with, which can only be good. :happy:

they wont, its not a major fault.... IE could not put you to any danger so is not an emergancy recall.

They just do it next time the car is in.