You know you own a Mk1 Fabia VRS when.....

A simple game of finish the sentence

You know you own a Mk1 Fabia VRS when...

thinking of things like:

...torque is your best friend

...your rear doors leak

...the power cable for your sat nav gets in the way because ir plugs in way back between the freaking seats

etc etc

When you remove the rear door card and fix the leaking door so many times that by the time the summer is on its way and the winter weather has gone, you dont care that it still leaks and it annoys the hell out of you because its hardly gonna bother you until next winter :)

When you can't help but break traction in the first three gears when running new tyres.

or old ones B)

Fabla's is the one that hits home though. oh my god rattles drive me insane. Glovebox is one. There's one in that corner above the glovebox maybe A pillar or heater vent and the trim above the steering wheel below the dials

When your driving along with the music off and all you can hear is the bloody glove box ratling!

I recently lined my glovebox with some of that non-slip mat stuff you get in tesco (at the car section, comes in black or white) lots of fiddly cutting and some pritt-stick, the stuff doesnt slide about now and if it does hit the sides, they are lined too so it's silent!

I done the same with the door cards and the passenger seat cubby hole and nothing slides about at all :D

Silent ;)

Doesnt sound right, i can change mine pretty quickly, not had issues with 2nd to 3rd

Matt

Indeed... I do on the very rare occasion lift my foot off the clutch before I have actually fully changed, but that's definitely my own fault and nowt to do with the car! Glorious grinding crunching noise :-(

you see a Mini Cooper and laugh a little inside, knowing that it was beaten around the Top Gear and the Fifth Gear track by your noisy, rattle strewn tractor car!

• Like 1

You know you own a Mk1 Fabia VRS when..... You know all about the faults with the car but still love it as much as any other member of the family :thumbup:

I have never had any problems with gear changes or leaking doors :)

• Like 1