Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Just thinking the comp does that come on top

Of the £159 promised to service and mot our mx5

Bet it doesn't can't see em paying £459 out

Got a mail from my dealer today and he wrote that my fabia active combi 1.2 tsi dsg is build and on the way... finally

Ordered 20 Oct 2010.. Lots of weeks and beers ago...

Got my fortnightly update........now build week 47!

It has gone from 44-43-45-47 after i ordered it on April 27th which was week 17.

It may end up being the most expensive christmas present i ever had. I may not even see it this side of christmas as it takes 3-4 weeks to get it in the country, and then i am having a private plate put on it which will add a further delay no doubt.

Candy white VRS, black wheels, climatronic, electric rear windows, armrest, storage boxes, glasses storage, mats, safeguard.

Got my fortnightly update........now build week 47!

It has gone from 44-43-45-47 after i ordered it on April 27th which was week 17.

It may end up being the most expensive christmas present i ever had. I may not even see it this side of christmas as it takes 3-4 weeks to get it in the country, and then i am having a private plate put on it which will add a further delay no doubt.

Candy white VRS, black wheels, climatronic, electric rear windows, armrest, storage boxes, glasses storage, mats, safeguard.

Think yourself lucky! - I ordered a Candy White VRS Hatch, Black/Chrome wheels, Electric Sunroof, Electric Rear Windows in WEEK 7, 10 weeks before you, and am currently quoted unconfirmed week 45 - i.e. a 38 week wait!

Who pays the compensation, is it the dealer or is it Skoda UK?

I ordered mine 19th March and received a call from dealer on Monday to infrom me it's still at build week 40.

If my calculations are right I have waited 18 weeks this week. (Only another 3 months or so to wait :dull: )

Bump? Anyone help with this cause my dealer also knows nothing about it.

My dealer told me about it and said that Skoda paid it as compensation for excess wating times.

How it is paid I don't know, maybe the dealer will pay on behalf of Skoda who will then pay the dealer.

Speak to Skoda customer services on 08457 745 745

Edited by morelia

Pacman70, on 21 July 2011 - 20:17, said:

Hi Mike

I noticed you live in Hull and have had a long wait for your new motor.

Did you order your new car from Royce Roberts?

Granted I have only recently ordered a new car, but my initial dealings with them has been a mix bag.

Fingers crossed yours arrives shortly.

Phill

Hi Phill,

No - I got a better deal by checking on the internet and finding Rainworth Skoda.

The impression that I get is that the dealer is irrelevant in relation to the delays - in my opinion the problem is the German attitude (Skoda is of course part of VAG) 'we will TELL you what will happen and you must just accept it without explanation or question'.{my sister and her husband have a business which involves them in much dealing with German business and experience this attitude all the time} I have logically demolished every 'explanation' that Skoda Customer Services in Leeds (6 different people) have tried to palm me off with! Quite simply there is no logical/rational explanation for adding an additional six months to the build time 15 weeks after the order has been accepted by which time procurement/production planning must have taken place! I am a retired senior IT professional (Head of Information Systems & Services) so anything to do with efficient/effective systems & procedures has been my whole career which means that I can easily recognise the opposite and pose pertinent probing enquiries.

I have had it confirmed that I am entitled to the £150 after 18 weeks & £300 after 25 weeks goodwill payments.

What will I get after 38 weeks I wonder? - I will certainly atempt to get even more!

I have never come across such a total contempt towards customers before - possibly I should contact 'Watchdog' again, I have been on before many years ago!

If you look back through these postings you will see that one guy ordered an almost identical VRS as mine three weeks after me and took delivery this week - it makes me furious!

Who pays the compensation, is it the dealer or is it Skoda UK?

I ordered mine 19th March and received a call from dealer on Monday to infrom me it's still at build week 40.

If my calculations are right I have waited 18 weeks this week. (Only another 3 months or so to wait :dull: )

I was told it came from Skoda.

Hi everyone, im new here.

I ordered a new Fabia Hatchback S 1.2 TSI 105 PS with DSG at the end of April.

Reading this thread, with the stories on long delays, I had anticipated a delivery anywhere between October to December.

On Wednesday, I had a call from my deal (Robert Eardley & Son - Stoke) on Wednesday, to say they had received a Fax to say the car is expected to be delivered early next week.

I had another call earlier today saying the car was delivered on Thursday, and can be picked up tomorrow. Happy days.

I am a Motability customer, if that makes any difference.

Here is my order history:

Car: FABIA HATCH S 1.2 TSI 105 PS DSG

24/04/2011 - Went to dealer to order car - told would start process on 26/04 due to bank holiday

28/04/2011 - Dealer said motability had agreed new contract, Arctic Blue and Pacific Blue no longer available. Changed colour to Anthracite Gray. This call was late.

02/05/2011 - I anticipate this is the likely order date due to bank holiday.

20/07/2011 - Call from dealer - expecting delivery in a week

24/07/2011 - Call from dealer - can pick up tomorrow.

I am going after work tomorrow to pick up the car. Really looking forward to it.

I currently have a Ford Focus auto, which I can only get 36/37 MPG in. Can get up to 40 MPG on motorway, but don't get to use it much.

I am hoping to get a lot more MPG in the Fabia.

Reading this thread, with the stories on long delays, I had anticipated a delivery anywhere between October to December.

On Wednesday, I had a call from my deal (Robert Eardley & Son - Stoke) on Wednesday, to say they had received a Fax to say the car is expected to be delivered early next week.

I had another call earlier today saying the car was delivered on Thursday, and can be picked up tomorrow. Happy days.

24/04/2011 - Went to dealer to order car - told would start process on 26/04 due to bank holiday

28/04/2011 - Dealer said motability had agreed new contract, Arctic Blue and Pacific Blue no longer available. Changed colour to Anthracite Gray. This call was late.

I am going after work tomorrow to pick up the car. Really looking forward to it.

I currently have a Ford Focus auto, which I can only get 36/37 MPG in. Can get up to 40 MPG on motorway, but don't get to use it much.

Hi there

being a motability customer make no difference wife ordered 1.2estate greenline on 07/02/11 with delivery due 04/05/11 when told it would not be ready tried to see if motability could speed it up but did not make any difference. have just been informed by dealer build wk 34 (aug 22nd)so hopefully will take delivery in september

How did I get my car with no wait at all? After our testdrive we were told that a car at the spec I wanted was in Grimsby. After reading about all the delays I reckoned it was better to take a car without one of my preferred options than wait. Did I get a cancelled order or are a number of cars made just to replenish dealer stock?

Car is a Fabia 1.2 tsi 86 estate SE plus in silver.

Got the car 2 weeks after initial testdrive, at the end of June, and so far very pleased.

Quite bizarre

How did I get my car with no wait at all? After our testdrive we were told that a car at the spec I wanted was in Grimsby. After reading about all the delays I reckoned it was better to take a car without one of my preferred options than wait. Did I get a cancelled order or are a number of cars made just to replenish dealer stock?

Car is a Fabia 1.2 tsi 86 estate SE plus in silver.

Got the car 2 weeks after initial testdrive, at the end of June, and so far very pleased.

You will have struck lucky with a cancelled order.

We've just ordered a Fabia 1.2 TDi Greenline II

Candy White with Domino Black Cloth interior

Ordered it yesterday... 9th April. Expected wait is 22 weeks.

I'm in no rush, I've gotta sell 4 cars before it arrives! :o

We've had a build date confirmed for 3rd week in August... estimated delivery end of Sept.

If that is true, then it looks like we'll only have a 2 week delay on the original estimated delivery date.

Received a phone call from work today about my Fabia Vrs Estate delivery.

Had a date of 15th August given me a few week back, now its been kicked all the way back to MARCH 2012!

Its crazy, an excuse of a shortage of DSG gearboxes due to a microchip shortage from Japan.

Am I being jerked around? I've emailed Skoda UK, no reply as yet. Can anyone help me out?

I ordered a VRS hatch in early March, the latest build estimate was week 41. If it gets put back in a similar way to yours I'll be telling them where they stick the order!

My order went in March 3rd, hope yours won't be put back like mine. If it really is a DSG delay, I may have to look at alternatives :(

Received a phone call from work today about my Fabia Vrs Estate delivery.

Had a date of 15th August given me a few week back, now its been kicked all the way back to MARCH 2012!

Its crazy, an excuse of a shortage of DSG gearboxes due to a microchip shortage from Japan.

Am I being jerked around? I've emailed Skoda UK, no reply as yet. Can anyone help me out?

shocking that mate :(

out of interest, can one cancel the order at this point and walk away?

at what point of ordering a new car is the point of no return?

i would guess once its actually started to be built, up until then i cant see what its cost the dealer or slowda and for them to keep a deposit they'd have to prove what its cost them

i guess you can only ask and see what they say

I was reading an article about this no more than a week ago. Due to the Japan accident, some very important chip manufacturers (I think RENESAS) have either been producing at very slow rates, or stopped completely. The article said that this is a major problem since these manufacturers hold a very big market share worldwide and that they provide the most common car manufacturers. It also pointed out that the problem would be apparent, beginning of Fall '11 as the existing chips stock is sufficient for just a few months more.

Edited by newbie69

shocking that mate :(

out of interest, can one cancel the order at this point and walk away?

at what point of ordering a new car is the point of no return?

You can cancel a purchase and get your deposit refunded if a dealer does fail to deliver your car on time..... BUT

You need to give the dealer a reasonable amount of time to get the vehicle to you... another 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date would be fine.

You would have to write to the garage and state that it would have to provide you with the car within the time frame..

By doing this you are making the delivery time a condition of the contract of sale and if the dealer breaches that you are entitled to a deposit refund.

The dealer may not give in easily but if they do refuse you can contact access-legal.co.uk for free advise.