Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Anyone managed to get a USB cable instead of an iPod one? My dealer says the iPod one is now standard and will charge extra for a USB one. Bit tight seen as I have just bought a brand new car from them!

Grapo I got a USB one with mine (1 month ago and not used) as I thought I needed that for my iPhone 5, but I need the iPod one and a connector.

Fancy doing a swop?

If you can wait a week or two weeks I will def swap yes

1. Hi
    I ordered a new Fabia 1.6 TDI CR 105 bhp estate in Rosso Red to replace my 1.9TDI PD 105 bhp in Coriander Red, having now done over 103,000 miles, on 12/12/12 (iconic date!) and told three months delivery from order.
    Hoping Skoda have got their manufacturing schedule in order by now but we must remember right hand drive cars are in the minority and I suppose, it is easier to make left hand versions.
    I hope I do not experience the situation of the gentlemen who had to renew his tax because the car was late.
    Dealer told me, Skoda only make to order! The car market must be very slow not to have cars ready to deliver.
    Waiting in hopeful anticipation.

2. Car arrived at end of February but had a white interior; dealer had not told me I could choose my interior as per Skoda Web Site. Picked it up on Friday 15 March but returned estate car for a full refund on Friday 3rd May because dealer, valater subcontractor, had machine polished the car to remove a roof paint blemish and in so doing, badly marked the paint on roof area around the aerial, roof spoiler and on the offside C post.
  3. Ordered on 3rd May 13 a new, already produced, Fabia Estate 1.6 CR 105 Elegance in Denim Blue with rear parking sensors from Skoda Web site to avoid 3-month wait because SE models where all in sombre colours. My question is do the low profile tyres 205/45 make the ride harsh compared to the normal 195/55 tyres?

Edited by Diesel Estate

New member here, ordered my VRS on 27/02/13, was informed it would likely be 8-12 weeks for delivery...

3 1/2 weeks in and no build date as yet....

Fingers crossed it won't be too long

Options:

Black paintwork

Black wheels

Centre armrest

Cruise control

Red cloth on seats

Carpet mats

Ordered from Basingstoke Skoda

Had a call yesterday to say my car is now at the dealer... :think: Would have been nice to have a bit of warning!!!

Luckily I have taken a deposit on my car so should be picking up the new vRS on Sunday - excited is not the word!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So, thats a total of 11 1/2 weeks from order to delivery...

• Like 1

Missed a call from my dealership today... Build week was last week (19), I have a feeling it's going to be bad news. He didn't sound very excited for me on the voice mail I got. :S

Fingers crossed eh! :sweat:

Missed a call from my dealership today...

Spoke with dealer today and he told me my car is built! It's on their accounts! Which means it will be with them this month :)That means that my Steel grey Vrs hatch, with black alloys, cruise, climate, heated f/seats, arm rest, rear parking sensors and headlight washers will be a 9 week car from order to delivery!Thanksfully a good month faster than I dreaded.I just hope everything goes smoothly now!

Hello. I'm new here. I placed the order for my new car on May 2nd. A Fabia Elegance 1.2 DSG in Corrida Red.

I've added a few options:-

Electric Sunroof, Electric rear windows, Sunset glass, MDI, Under seat storage boxes, Spare wheel and Elba wheels. I wanted a white roof but have been told this isn't possible. So I may have to see if the dealer can oblige once its delivered or get it done locally later.

On May 14th I was told that the build week for my car is 23 (1st week of June) so I'm hopeful of driving it in July. Fingers crossed.

This car will replace the Smart Forfour CDi Softouch which I've owned for 7 years and has now covered 106000 miles. This has been an excellent car and I'm hoping the Fabia is nearly as good. I hope the Fabia is a good long distance traveller - we've made 4 trips to southern Spain in the Forfour :sun:

I'll keep you informed on the progress.

Got an e-mail from the $tealers this afternoon:

Build week 20

Delivery 1st week June

Still Hopeful?!?!?

So much for the first week in June

Latest from $tealer is week beginning 10th June.

Ho Hum

Spoke with dealer today and he told me my car is built! It's on their accounts! Which means...

Further call from the dealer... The car is in this country (didn't say where but I do wonder), he said it should be ready next week. So, ordered on 31st March, build week 19 (2nd week in May) and delivered by end of May. Eibach springs are going on it too. Now the sleepless nights begin. :happy:

Anyone managed to get a USB cable instead of an iPod one? My dealer says the iPod one is now standard and will charge extra for a USB one. Bit tight seen as I have just bought a brand new car from them!

My dealer swapped the cable over when I took delivery for the usb type. He said you get a free choice of 1 cable only. Others can be obtained from parts dept.

Factory ordered last week Vrs, Black Magic, Climate, Parking Sensors, Black Alloys, Grey Interior, Smokers Pack, Amundsen+ Sat Nav, Front and rear mud flaps, Telephone kit, 3 Spoke Multifunction Steering. Told delivery should be 23rd August 2013.

Just noticed on configuration page on-line that Digital Radio available at extra £90. Wonder if that can be or will be added to order by dealer? :drunk:

Got my vRS estate today :) surprised to find a full sized spare wheel in the boot when I didn't spec it. Found an iPod cable in the glove box but sadly no free bottle of oil. Oh well I'm not fussed, I'm just really pleased about the spare wheel as I totally forgot about ordering it until its build week.

Factory ordered last week Vrs, Black Magic, Climate, Parking Sensors, Black Alloys, Grey Interior, Smokers Pack, Amundsen+ Sat Nav, Front and rear mud flaps, Telephone kit, 3 Spoke Multifunction Steering. Told delivery should be 23rd August 2013.

Just noticed on configuration page on-line that Digital Radio available at extra £90. Wonder if that can be or will be added to order by dealer? :drunk:

When I ordered mine, I was able to make a spec change (adding climate) just a week before the target build date - so it should be possible...

it isnt, I always knew that, its set up by bickertons (a GREAT dealer I used when I lived down there) and it works perfectly, for all order numbers, sounds like sour grapes from your dealer trying to diss another dealers cool idea that works... "ITS NOT OFFICIAL! AARRGGG" Briskoda isn't official either but works well :p .... it was SKODA's own customer services that put me onto the tracking site.....

generally the car will arrive at the dealer 2-3 weeks from build date..... only takes them a day to build the car, I've been to the factory and seen it ;)

My last Vrs was ordered in July 2012 delivered on 1st Dec 2012 and still showing on track my skoda as awaiting build date so your dealer was right!!!

Ordered my Fabia Greenline II Estate about 3 Weeks ago, I was quoted an 8 to 12 Weeks Lead-time!

Though the bloke said it could be as soon as 6 weeks!! which would put it 2 day's before I go on holiday to the Isle of Wight!! which would be Very Nice! :happy:

I want it NOW though!!

Ordered my Fabia Greenline II Estate about 3 Weeks ago, I was quoted an 8 to 12 Weeks Lead-time!

Though the bloke said it could be as soon as 6 weeks!! which would put it 2 day's before I go on holiday to the Isle of Wight!! which would be Very Nice! :happy:

I want it NOW though!!

Did you order it with any options?? My GL2 estate looks like its going to take 13 weeks!!