NEW Shark Performance Group Buy

shark_90

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my STS....woohoo! Which version of the Xconsole do I use...is it the 3.72 or is it the 3.86?

I went for the 3.86, I assumed it must be a more up to date version, worked fine :thumbup:

Ben has sent me the remap its currently downloading to sts unit, I haven't been this excited for a while. Thanks Ben for your hard work!

car is now remapped and what can i say WOW pulls like a steam train, only regret is i didnt do this 2 yrs ago. ive been on a 15 mile run of my local decent roads and im very impressed.

a note to others , uprated brakes are a must on your shopping list, i have ebc redstuff and feel like they might need upgrading to yellow stuff next.

And so the modifying carries on! My mrs will kill me if I tell her I need new brakes, the ones I have feel good to me to be honest.

I got my map at about 8 this evening and loaded it straight on and went and booted it. Had a modified mini cooper try to keep up but couldn't, then I got smashed by a Lamborghini guillardo.

The car sounds like it's supercharged, its definitely different. Third gear does indeed feel like 2nd used to. I didn't expect it to feel so much different. I'm most impressed.

Result called BMW insurance to "ask" if i was to increase performance what sort of extra payments would i have to make?... "bashing away on the computer" "ehhhh its actually only costing an extra £3 sir" Really? can you check again please to make sure? yep £3 i got them to send out confirmation of this and an amended policy doc.

My fun is going to be delayed until I can get back down to Devon.

I asked for the STS to be delivered to my workplace in Cambridge but my Dad just phoned to say it turned up at my parents home in Exeter today. Doh!

Nicky. Did you have the mini and Lambo lined up for your test run then?

And so the modifying carries on! My mrs will kill me if I tell her I need new brakes, the ones I have feel good to me to be honest.

I got my map at about 8 this evening and loaded it straight on and went and booted it. Had a modified mini cooper try to keep up but couldn't, then I got smashed by a Lamborghini guillardo.

The car sounds like it's supercharged, its definitely different. Third gear does indeed feel like 2nd used to. I didn't expect it to feel so much different. I'm most impressed.

Nicky. Did you have the mini and Lambo lined up for your test run then?

As if by magic they were! Also a z4 couldn't get past me and I did actually start to pull away it was awesome. Don't know which spec it was though.

didn't get a chance to fully test it out this morning, but so far i'm impressed. :thumbup: there is no more turbo lag, power delivery is much smoother and there is no smoke. also the engine stutter linked with fabia BLT engines seems to have been fixed B) .

Good morning :)

Its good to hear you are all enjoying your new maps :thumbup:

If you have not yet recieved yours then fingers crossed it will be this morning as all remaining units were posted yesterday.

Its been great dealing with you all :rofl:

I'm sure we will speak in the future.

Dont forget... GTI International 25th & 26th June THIS WEEKEND we have a stand, come say hi if you are attending! :hi:

Cheryl

Good morning :)

Its good to hear you are all enjoying your new maps :thumbup:

If you have not yet recieved yours then fingers crossed it will be this morning as all remaining units were posted yesterday.

Its been great dealing with you all :rofl:

I'm sure we will speak in the future.

Dont forget... GTI International 25th & 26th June THIS WEEKEND we have a stand, come say hi if you are attending! :hi:

Cheryl

Spare a thought for those who have yet to get theirs. Its still over a week till I come to get mine :envy:

Still no sign of my STS, took a second day off work to get it as early as poss. :no:

Really wanted to get it sorted before the weekend so I could have a good play.

Keeping optimistic, hopefully this afternoon............

I just went out again and showed my mate who had r32, he reckons the vrs might just beat it. I don't know if it is smoother than before to be honest, maybe a little lumpy in 4th and a bit more boost just before 4000rpm? Could be me noticing the before and after power change?

Still no sign of my STS, took a second day off work to get it as early as poss. :no:

Really wanted to get it sorted before the weekend so I could have a good play.

Keeping optimistic, hopefully this afternoon............

its here, downloading from car as we speak!! positive thoughts and all that. :)