Remap for DSG7

Is there anyways yet to remap the DSG7-gearbox yet?

Saw some videos on the DSG6-remaps and I figure that's the way to go if you want it to rev any more (possibly freeing up some more top-end power depending on how it reacts in the top).

Anyone car to inform me how you remap the DSG aswell? Have no idea how it's done x).

Sometimes I do wish I was living GB, Sweden is too small for the tuningcompanies to go all out as it seems.

Gonna poke "my" tuner and see if he's interested, wishing that we maybe could get ourselfs some LC aswell xD!

Dont really think the car warrants a DSG remap, if you put the car in tiptronic mode and use the paddles it only seems to change up if you hit the red line and will only change down if you activate kickdown; you can easily summons full throttle without having to activate the kickdown switch. This is how I drive ours when the mood takes.

That it changes up at 7K rather than bouncing off the limiter isnt a bad thing in my mind, car has produced its peak power by something like 6200rpm, revving to 7K is fun but actually counter productive.

I've used the 6 speed DSG with REVO stage 2 remap and loved it. A remap for the 7 speed DSG would really only be of benefit on track though as 99% of the time the DSG gets the gears just right. The times I noticed differences were when the DSG tried to change up mid corner and hesitation on the acceleration out from a corner that is high speed on entrance and low speed on exit (hyperbolic curve). When launch control with a remapped 6speed DSG was much better, but is not applicable with the 7speed DSG. :'(

The gearchange speeds are also quicker, I used to notice a delay before the 6 speed DSG was remapped, but after it was bolt action fast.

Finally the 6 speed DSG stage 2 map also elevated the torque handling capacity of the gearbox up to 500nm from 350nm, wheras this wouldn't be the case with the dry plate 7 speed box.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone on here a couple of months ago was booked in for a DSG Re-map on their Fabia vRS

after havinh had an Engine/ECU re-map..

Same spec as the REVO one was being quoted but being done by someone else.

(not sure these are available for a 7 speed dry clutch)

http://www.amdtuning...?articleid=3184

Did anymore come of this from the person getting it done?

george

Can a diesel DSG6 box be remapped yet?

We have been doing DSG6 for a long time (2 years or so). We are currently perfecting DSG7 and should have news within the next few weeks.

We have been doing DSG6 for a long time (2 years or so). We are currently perfecting DSG7 and should have news within the next few weeks.

I didn't realise you done, as when I last spoke to you it couldn't be done, but that was over 2 years ago!

Sent using whatever device I'm using at the time.

Do you know what cost it will be and what it is going to change?!

Do you know what cost it will be and what it is going to change?!

I can't comment on the DSG7 yet as we won't release details until we have 101% fully tested it.

It says on the AMD link that they've enabled launch control - would using that not damage the gearbox after a while?

AMD tried reading a Ibiza Cupra (Lucifers) the other day when he was there having dyno runs carried out. They couldnt read the file and since then his DSG has been playing up big style changing down to 1st gear at 70mph and thing similar, so i wouldnt go eunningto AMD just yet.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12890

Have to keep an eye on the Shark website and section!

The fact it keeps overriding manual is sometimes quite annoying.

Will it me compatible with engine remaps from other mappers?

• 9 months later...