Range Rover Evoque Coupe

Brimma

Jesus I love the look of the Evoque but that is just ridiculous. I'd ask the dealer to throw in a free paper bag to 1) hide my face and 2) be sick in when I glimpse my reflection driving by a shop window. :giggle:

I'm not a big fan of the Yeti looks, but it's definitely more attractive than that choptop monstrosity. Here's hoping they never release a Yeti cabrio. :think:

The first non official picture hood up:

Looks just as awful as I had imagined.

Agreed that it doesn't look the best BUT it will still sell like hotcakes. Like others have said, there are beginning to be more and more of these around on the roads, even in my small 40 mile commute each day I probably see about 3-4. The Essex set et al will be lapping these up quickly!

The Coupe is a very nice looking vehicle and RR clearly onto a winner, this cabrio version is further diversification of the brand and falls into line with the fact that the LR and RR brands will eventually be marketed and sold separately.

Drove behind one a basic Range Rover Evoque recently and close to the rear view is… phew… dog ugly. Why do car makers forget the backside like they did with the new Scirocco? We backed off to have a long range look and both wife and I thought – no way – what with a back end like that. Quite sad really as we have a guy staying with us with a very nice ten year old ‘Disco’ or ‘Landi’ as he likes to call it and that is so design council award cool, though not sure if it every won any award on any design front. Sorry to be polemical but we both had an instant bad reaction to the rear end. Notice no pics here of backside.

Edited by Newera

I quite like the 5dr but coupe looks daft and would I want to drive about in something that Mrs Beckham helped design?

You wouldn't be, Beckham was a brand Ambassador when the Evoque was released.

She is however consulting on a Special Edition where she will get to choose the pattern on the seats and colour of the dashboard etc.

You wouldn't be, Beckham was a brand Ambassador when the Evoque was released.

She is however consulting on a Special Edition where she will get to choose the pattern on the seats and colour of the dashboard etc.

Exactly. She can just about design a dress and won't even know the difference between P and N on the car's gearbox. So fret not. She was just the ambassador as stated above and had naught to do with the design. If she had the car would have had paisley seat covers and dashboard designs. Oops. You can get flowery dash details instead of wood. Oops. Maybe that WAS her part of the design? :giggle:

The first non official picture hood up:

Range-Rover-Evoque-Convertible-01.jpg

Looks just as awful as I had imagined.

That is fantastic!

I would love to own one. The Evoque is head shoulders above a Yeti inside and out, sorry no contest.