age of the person who drives a fabia vrs or monte carlo

curs

47. Just out of interest but not really my business, but quite a few of you have quoted insurance costs, but what are your excesses?

Edited by threadbear

I'd love to know how some of you have got such cheap insurance!

Mine is not terrible, but some people here my age have insurance half the price!

I'm 25, 1 years NCB, 3 points | £742 with Admiral.

What makes the biggest difference to insurance price? Obviously age, penalty points and NCB are a big factor, but what other things are significant??

Ooo I like this thread. I'm 22 with a Mk2 VRS estate, was 21 when I got it. 1 year NCB, £1250, Admiral. I thought my insurance wasn't too bad considering my age and the car but it seems others around the same age with points on their license got it way cheaper :/ but hey when I get to drive such a great car who can complain? My first car which was a 1.6 Focus cost me £2800 to insure at the age of 19 so things have definitely improved.

Adding parent and gf helped mine. Being a home owner with a decent post code also helped I imagine. Does job make a big factor? I'm a transport planner for a county council.

Adding parent and gf helped mine. Being a home owner with a decent post code also helped I imagine. Does job make a big factor? I'm a transport planner for a county council.

Could be, I don't have anyone else on my policy. Another part of it is probably the amount of time I've held my license. Someone who passed at 17 has an extra 2-3 years on me. Regardless, I'm more than happy with only paying 50 quid more than I did for the sluggish, hateful barge of a Mondeo that I had as an "in-between car".

20, had a MK2 fab vRS at 19, £900 with 2 year NCB.

Now have. Monte Carlo TDi, got a renwal of £600 with 3 years NCB and both parents on policy :)

vRS - 22 years old, pay £550 with two parents on as names drivers. Been driving since I was 17. 2 years NCB. NG15 postcode and employed in emergency services.

44, I was quoted £80 more to insure a VRS than my Monte (same age, but I went for the looks over speed) but still only £211, think the post code and being a College Lecturer (rather than a Chef Lecturer) helped as well.

25- fabia vrs mk2 - £340

:o Less than half what I pay! Have you got a lot of no claims? Any points?

5 years no claims and no points. Got the mrs as a named driver. She's abit older than me with max no claims so that may help.

I guess that explains it then. My insurance has actually dropped from last year even with adding 3 points, so I guess the NCB is the big factor here.

1.6 tdi Monte,I'm 20...im the youngest person ive seen driving one up in Glasgow/West of Scotland

yet the cleanest and best looked after Monte ive seen was driven by a 50/60 Year old, versatile car haha ?