Warning: Fabia Door Leaks

Never noticed any to be honest once the door cards are clipped back on. Just make sure you've got new clips before you start!!

Had new clips ... Didn't realise they were MK2 Fabia ones though ... Thanks Skoda Dealer...

Anyone got an EBay link for the original?

JRJG

Found some on EBay, £9 +£4 p&p for 10 .... [emoji22]

I think I'll head to the parts place I use before I pay that.

JRJG

I got these ones - very good quality and cheap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-OCTAVIA-ROOMSTER-DOOR-PANEL-CARD-TRIM-CLIPS-INTERIOR-RETAINER-/400528837078?hash=item5d416109d6:m:msQVKCDSSI2PFJVVvWkBLbQ

That's great - thank you very much, I couldn't find those with my searching. I've ordered a couple of sets :thumbup:

JRJG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a new topic having discovered another source of water ingress leading to damp carpets - one which is not connected with the faulty door carrier construction afflicting Mark 1 Fabias - please check it out here: Damp carpets - a new source of the problem - Leakage around door seal

I know I'm 5 years behind the times, but I just love the way Shbi comes from out of nowhere and posts half a dozen possible solutions, including one which sounds like he reduced the car to a bare shell, yet he doesn't know how to start a new topic. Ha ha ha, no way was this mystery man from Skoda HQ, no no no.

OK - I get it now - and have replied extensively on the other topic a long time ago.

Makes you wonder why williebob decided to post here!

• Like 1

OK - I get it now - and have replied extensively on the other topic a long time ago.

Makes you wonder why williebob decided to post here!

Errrr, because I've just purchased a Fabia! And seeing as how I'd read this entire topic, not to mention the entire topics that are linked to here within, I thought I might pause mid(ish)thread and post a reply That ok boss? 

Errrr, because I've just purchased a Fabia! And seeing as how I'd read this entire topic, not to mention the entire topics that are linked to here within, I thought I might pause mid(ish)thread and post a reply That ok boss?

Good effort reading the entire post :thumbup:

JRJG

• 2 weeks later...

... except in this case the so-called "simple answer" is NOT the correct answer! Ignore williebob everyone and do a proper job - if you want to open the windows!

• Like 1

... except in this case the so-called "simple answer" is NOT the correct answer! Ignore williebob everyone and do a proper job - if you want to open the windows!

But you didn't start by pursuing the simple answer, so you wouldn't know. When this solution was first suggested you dismissed it out of hand. Instead you continued banging on about removing door cards and using some crappy sealant, people have wasted precious hours because of you and your I know best attitude. And I knew you wouldn't be able to resist replying to most post now, just like you couldn't resist replying to my initial post in this topic, you're a typical know-it-all.

:D

Why not just put the whole car inside a giant plastic bag?

Oh no, now you will get called the (new) know-it-all!

Strange that this pleasant topic has turned grumpy?

The simplest answer is usually the correct answer. And the simplest answer in this thread is to seal the gap across the bottom of all 4 door windows - on the outside, obviously, with some insulating tape.

Oh my goodness why didn't I think of this idea....

I could have saved myself the time of reading the thread in its entirety and also the exceedingly long 1 hour that it took me to seal the rear door carriers with that awfully unusefull plumbers gold sealant that PERFECTLY FIXED THE PROBLEM once and for good hahaha.

Now where did I leave that "black" insulation tape incase my FIXED leaky doors ever decide to leak again? Lucky my car is black aswell.....

;-)

Yes, Seal all four door seals between the regulator and the door with plumbers gold. sorted.

What hutchy said, sorted. Use the earlier quoted "crappy" sealant and fix your winter condensation problems for good.

Moderators can't we lock this thread once and for all?

Peace, Chris

Agreed Chris. Can we get a post together and lock it that simply says

- got a leak, steamed up windows, or wet carpets? 9 times out of ten it's the door carriers, which you can verify by seeing if there is water on top of your door seal after it rains, seal them with sealant using these steps 1-X. If on the off chance this doesn't fix it, check your scuttle is clear. If it is still not fixed, read all of this insanely long thread whic contains loads of the less common causes such as washer tubes, leaks behind dashboard etc.

Then pin it!

Edited by wiredsoftware

In fact, if I can get confirmation from a mod that they will pin it and lock it if I write it, I'm happy to create an extensive post that pulls together the above, full steps (with pics if anyone has them) along with links to every other cause documented in this post and elsewhere.