Warning: Fabia Door Leaks

Condensation could be because carpets were wet due to the leaks - I've found newspaper under the removable mats works a treat! :thumbup:

Yeah once my doors were sealed I dried out the car left the doors open and on top of a windy hill in scotland while i had a picnic :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed I have this problem myself after it has been lashing down for almost 24 hours. Pulled out my seatbelt, and it felt slightly damp at the top. Checked the rear and there is a watermark on the door card, and a trickle of water on the sills and on the seal. Gutted. Out of warranty too, so will have to try and fix it myself.

What is the best kind of sealant to use?

:thumbup:universal clear exterior silcone sealer works. it did on mine any now no water leaks from the doors.

drilling extra holes in the bottoms of the doors will invalidate your cars anti corrosion and paint warrenty without doubt. dont even go there .

• 1 month later...

Hello

Just joined this Forum as my Mum has just bought (last week) a Fabia 2 on 07 plates. At the weekend noticed considerable ampount of water ingress on all 4 doors. The "seals" which appear to be made of felt were completely sodden.

She is taking it back to dealers this week but just enquiring whether anyone is having similar problems on the Fabia 07 models and what you might recommend.

Many thanks

G

I really hope they haven't used the same door sealing mechanism as the fabia 1 and MK II Octy on the doors!!

If it is what I think, which it may not be, then the carriers in the door don't seal correctly and need to have sealent applied.

Personally I'd just give it to the dealer and politely say fix it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Wow, had my vRS for all of four days and have found that both nearside doors leak into the car i.e. front and rear. Splendid. It wouldn't be a suprise to find the other two doors do it as well. The leaks don't seem too bad, but I want to fix them.

Predictably the warranty expired about three weeks ago; I don't think the previous owner noticed it as it was normally kept in a garage while I keep it on the road on a camber.

I've seen the repair guide at fabia-vrs.com and fancy a go at this rather than throwing money at a dealer (I spoke to Whiequay Reading who said they were unaware of any such problem?!) and had a few quick questions:

Is fixing the front doors as easy as the rears i.e. is the method to remove the door panel similar? I guess I should get the Haynes manual.

Will any old sealant do the job, or should I buy the Skoda repair kit?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James

I sealed my Fabia back doors recently, with clear silicone . I did not completely remove the metal door carrier. After a rainy day , one door still leaked. When I took the carrier off completely the front corner had metal corrosion on the inside,and had lifted the foam sealer strip. I cleaned this off and put sealer on the metal inner door , before replacing . I then sealed the carrier to the metal inner door panel, whilst the recent applied silicone was had not set.

This solved the problem completely . I thought I would post this for those people who have sealed doors which still leak.

After 14 months of completely fault free motoring the NSR door on my vRS is now leaking! :mad::mad: Think it started just over a week ago, after all the rain last night i've just been out for another look and there was a puddle on the seal and the bottom 2-3 inches of the door car is soaked, although the carpet isn't that wet at the minute.

Gona have to give the dealers a ring in the morning and get it booked in. :(:(

:thumbdwn: Don't use silicon for resealing the carrier ! in the future when it leaks AGAIN ! you CANNOT break the seal easily as I have just done this to our Fabia and resealed it again with some caravan sealer which doesn't set hard and you can remove the excess with some turps. :thumbup:

Add my name to the huge and ever growing list of p1$$ed off skoda owners who have ponds in the rear footwells of their cars! :mad::(:thumbdwn:

And it wont even stop raining long enough for me to deal with the problem!*$%!??!*! :mad:

I wish i had a double garage with light and heat..... even a single garage would do :o:(

I dont know how long its been like this as i never check the rear carpets but all the condensation alerted me to the problem. Gonna stick black electricians tape along the window bottoms until i can get it fixed..... well i would if it would stop raining long enough :mad:

:thumbdwn: Don't use silicon for resealing the carrier ! in the future when it leaks AGAIN ! you CANNOT break the seal easily as I have just done this to our Fabia and resealed it again with some caravan sealer which doesn't set hard and you can remove the excess with some turps. :thumbup:

why would it do it again if done properly the first time?

Got mine booked in at the dealers to get the problem sorted next week :thumbup: The guy i spoke to says this used to be a problem with skodas but not anymore as they've changed the sealing method. Does this mean there are no members here with a 2007 skoda with any leaks to report? :rolleyes:

Ah this thread again... :eek:

Primarily I get it in the n/s rear foot well

I had mine allegedly "sorted" by Prestige at the last service. Given the changing season, I shall have to test his work :D

Time then to stow the nice vRS mats and get the replacements in. Only they're rubber and that makes more mould.

I also found water in the rear of my 53 Fabia in summer. At the time I thought the kids left the rear windows open. However I have water in the rear again, and decided to google the problem. It looks like a huge Skoda problem.

Sounds like it is time to go public with it, if Skoda is refusing to admit they have a problem. I am going to speak to my dealer tomorrow and then contact Watchdog if the response I get is not satisfactory

I also found water in the rear of my 53 Fabia in summer. At the time I thought the kids left the rear windows open. However I have water in the rear again, and decided to google the problem. It looks like a huge Skoda problem.

Sounds like it is time to go public with it, if Skoda is refusing to admit they have a problem. I am going to speak to my dealer tomorrow and then contact Watchdog if the response I get is not satisfactory

Good for you :thumbup: Keep us posted pal :)

What planet are you on? This is a known problem and there is a kit available from skoda to repair it and is covered under warrenty. :rolleyes: Just had mine done. :cool:

• Like 1

So far only the rears have been mentioned - had mine done under warranty and after a trip to the highlands the rear is dry .However ,got wet front passenger footwell ,but not in drivers.

Any ideas --- door seals or is this the pollen filter one ??

So far only the rears have been mentioned - had mine done under warranty and after a trip to the highlands the rear is dry .However ,got wet front passenger footwell ,but not in drivers.

Any ideas --- door seals or is this the pollen filter one ??

All 4 doors can leak, although the rears are more prone.