Trevorb33's Hybrid Sleeper 06 Vrs mk1,

dogbones on, its slightly harsh, so i removed it checked the middle bolt, and it was done up a little too tight so redid that and refitted and its nowhere near as bad now, still seems to vide more then my old yellow powerflex ive had on previous cars, but will see how it goes with some miles, i think its the end superpro bush that makes it vibe abit more, might have to modify it with some holes if it doesnt settle. Took abit of autosol to the exhaust as it was minging, came up pretty well, also did a temporary cable tie bodge to get it sitting higher up in the cutout lol, do the job till i get a new mount.

dogbone

Photo0020.jpg

exhaust before

Photo0017.jpg

exhaust after

Photo0018.jpg

and after fettling, showing my personnal plate too, cant wait to get that damned spoiler off though

Photo0022.jpg

Looking really good man, Making me seriously think about playing with my bog standard Octy... the boot lip spoiler is beyond tempting!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

minor update,

Gone a little odd school with the headlights not gonna be to evryones tastes, gone for 3k uprated bulbs that give off a nice chrisp yellow light, a bit different from your normal more whiter/bluer bulbs, i like it for the min, along with yellow led sidelights,

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

also my non resonated center pipe for my miltek full system i shall be getting/fitting next week arrived

Photo0038.jpg

the next update will be fitting the full turbo back miltek and sports cat, and finally getting some bodywork done, rear spoiler removed, holes filled, dent repaired on tailgate, lip spoiler fitted, colour coded front grill, and time dependant, rear bumper sprayed and front bumper repaired, so hopefully will be looking respectable for her outing at combe, oh and also awaiting my stage0.5 remap, to set up the car for the new turbo, but with minimal performance gain for the minute :)

yep stage 2 hybrid k03s, full k04 internals:) its not that hard to do yourself really, if you have time an patience.

How have i missed your thread? ok, you say time and patience, how much of a hassle is it? i have patience.....

How have i missed your thread? ok, you say time and patience, how much of a hassle is it? i have patience.....

you need some sense of mechanics, or be good with your hands and have a good toolkit, but easy day out day in if you take it very slow, mine only took two days as i had to wait for the turbo, a mechanic thats done it before, should have it out and in in half a day, then its just a case of checking everything

Update time, Miltek fitted turbo back non resonated with 3inch downpipe sports cat, abit tight with the downpipe but no knocks or bangs so far, just need to fine tune the tip in the cutout tommorrow and itll be perfect, picked up my new brakes too 334mm R32 twin pots, gonna be painting them black and hopefully fitting next week, oh and a forge recirc valve,

3inch downpipe v's standard

Photo0040.jpg

3inch

Photo0041.jpg

standard my god so restrictive

Photo0042.jpg

brakes

Photo0046.jpg

plenty of room lol

Photo0044.jpg

Forge bov

Photo0047.jpg

• Like 1

trev did you get the parcel yet ;-)

people on here take note of the pic of the downpipe and then tell me it cant be that restrictive lol lol lol lol

I knew it would reduce going through flexy but didnt realise it went that small, i bet that gets bloody hot when your working turbo hard

More of an update.

Some better pics of the exhaust

Photo0055.jpg

removed the spoiler and had the holes welded up

Photo0049.jpg

look a million times better i think

Photo0054.jpg

going in to the bodyshop next week to have the lip spoiler fitted and bootlid sorted out cant wait, finally starting to look how i want :)

Done the rear brakes black and the fronts are done in matching black too just waiting to be fitted hopefully end of next week, should be very stealth

rears

Photo0060.jpg

fronts

Photo0059.jpg

fitting the fronts with braided lines and dot5.1 fluid should be more then up to the job then, standard nearly new pads and not too old oem discs too