The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

ISTR that AMD can cope with 4wd, if you are happy with their accuracy / reputation perhaps a visit might be a good idea?

A diversion on youway to work?

DC

They had a bit of a reputation for over reading, but the last few days there have showed results that are pretty much spot on.

Ran the Skyline there and it made 530, then 520 on supposedly pessimistic or "heart breaker" rolling road.

Just working out when I have time.  Probably July.

• Like 2

This may have been asked before but I can't spot it - are the doors being painted race blue eventually?

When the panels turn up (probably August some time) they will all be painted Race Blue before fitting.

I am not driving around in a Yeti with bare carbon panels... that would look a bit daft. :)

So come September it'll look the same, just be 100kg or so lighter than it is now.

I wonder just how odd it'll feel closing the doors when they don't have any weight in them. Will the rear doors need to open or will they be fixed shut?

They will still open as it's handy for storing stuff in the back for track days.

• Like 2

Great video - nice to see it back in action :)

Do you keep it out of 2nd more now since it broke or just drive it normally and if it breaks just fix it?

• Like 1

slightly OT but how many laps in total do you reckon youve done at brands in all your cars not just the yeti?

I don't know.

I've probably done around 15 days there and maybe 50 laps each time.

Great video - nice to see it back in action :)

Do you keep it out of 2nd more now since it broke or just drive it normally and if it breaks just fix it?

On track you don't need 2nd.  Even slow corners are fine in 3rd as the 2.5tfsi has good mid range torque.

The Loba turbo isn't too big so it pulls really strongly from 3,000 rpm.

I broke it before messing about as I wanted to have more ooomph out of a slow corner as I was getting used to the car.

Although I have snagged it already yesterday when I was coming out of a petrol station and someone came flying down the road well over the speed limit, so I gave it the beans in 2nd briefly.

Really need to look into making an upgraded one...

• Like 3

Well, you're a better driver than I am. I don't say stuff like that lightly.

I'm not sure who's more bonkers though, because I think I'd leave those doors in raw carbon (and see how many people thought it was a wrap).

Incidentally, I made it about 1:10 first lap out of the pits, and the one flying lap you got clear 0:58 which is not bad for a floppy big saloon on the Indy circuit. Oh and I used some German I learnt from Sabine on that 911 that was baulking you on the climb to Druid's.

• Like 1

Well, you're a better driver than I am. I don't say stuff like that lightly.

I'm not sure who's more bonkers though, because I think I'd leave those doors in raw carbon (and see how many people thought it was a wrap).

Incidentally, I made it about 1:10 first lap out of the pits, and the one flying lap you got clear 0:58 which is not bad for a floppy big saloon on the Indy circuit. Oh and I used some German I learnt from Sabine on that 911 that was baulking you on the climb to Druid's.

I've not really worked out the lap times from looking at the other clips Ken.

The Yeti used to do a 0:58 when it was 290bhp and less well set up.

I would hope it's capable of a 0:55.  When I am really trying.

Shaving 100kg off with the carbon bits should help quite a bit at a track like Brands.

• Like 1

I've not really worked out the lap times from looking at the other clips Ken.

The Yeti used to do a 0:58 when it was 290bhp and less well set up.

I would hope it's capable of a 0:55.  When I am really trying.

Shaving 100kg off with the carbon bits should help quite a bit at a track like Brands.

I'm using Youtube and an on-board for timings, so I could be a second off easily.

• Like 1

Was going to say you probably don't need 2nd gear much - hope you manage to find a stronger one though.

Thought of asking vw about the one in that golf? :)

• Like 1

my boss was at brands hatch in an M3 yesterday and mentioned a yeti going past him which surprised him and wondered what it had under the bonnet,

told him about the citygogo as well

can you confirm what power the yeti has now?

• Like 1

Just out of interest at about 3.20 you seem to be playing with you Keyring?

Forgot to lock the 4x4 system in race mode before going out, so I was getting more torque to the front and a little understeer.

Hence switching it from Road to Race.  The keyring has buttons that activates the Haldex controller remotely.

my boss was at brands hatch in an M3 yesterday and mentioned a yeti going past him which surprised him and wondered what it had under the bonnet,

can you confirm what power the yeti has now?

It's never been on a rolling road, but the mappers claimed 510bhp.

So "around 500" is probably in the right area.

• Like 2