Rear legroom - is it much more than an Octavia?

We've got an Octavia estate at the moment, but have just had a new baby and have had to move our eldest child's car seat behind the driver, which has lead to our two year olds feet now permanently being embedded in my back! Now wondering if a Superb estate would be a better option, but looking at various measurements in reviews on the Internet it doesn't seem to suggest the rear legroom is that much better in the Superb. My wife and I are both over 6 ft so the seat is fairly far back. Anyone who has owned both cars that knows if the Superb is significantly better for rear legroom than the Octy?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Are you having a laugh?

NOTHING has the rear legroom of a Superb, this includes cars like the LWB A6 etc.

The rear legroom on a Superb is one thing NOBODY in their right mind could complain about, go and test drive one and see for yourself.

I have three kids (5, 7 and 9). When I ordered the Superb, I thought it would be much wider than my Octavia. However, it was actually only about 2-3 inches wider, which was a disappointment. The one thing I was totally blown away by was the rear leg room. I'm 6'2", and my kids struggle to kick the back of my seat (something I really need to ask myself about!). Reading reviews, there is more rear legroom in the Superb than an S class Merc, and is only matched by an A8 limo.

Rear legroom in my superb is obscene!! It's got more room than british airways first class!!

Seriously you children won't be kicking your seat, unless they are wearing stilts.

Since the Superb MK2 is in effect a stretched Octavia, then the width is practically the same as the Octavia. However the legroom is absolutely massive, even with the front seats right back an adult will find the back surprisingly roomy with acres of leg space to move around in.

Can only echo what others have said - having owned both (plus an A4 in-between) I can say the rear legroom is considerably better.

My twins aged 6 could easily kick the rear seats on the Audi and could on the Octy when younger. They don't even get close on the Superb, and I'm 6ft 2ins.

Rear legroom in my superb is obscene!! It's got more room than british airways first class!!

Seriously you children won't be kicking your seat, unless they are wearing stilts.

I have a mk1 superb and quiet rightly nobody wants to fly anywhere anymore! There is a rush for the back seats though. Prebooking essential at extra cost :rofl:. (and also 3% surchage for booking in the first place).

No problems !!

Just carried out a functional test yesterday of a Superb Combi with my 6ft 5in son, and it was staggering, my wife who is 5ft 9in was in the front and her feet could not touch the foot well and my son was in splendid luxury in the back. This test confirms that my next car with be a Superb.........apart from being a great car and I hope as pleasing as my first Superb I owned for four years from 2003.

Great. Thanks all. That's what I thought but WhatCar's website said otherwise so thought I would check. I'll go and take a closer look at them at the dealers.

I didn`t find any reviews on WhatCar that would have suggested otherwise.....they all screamed how spacious superb is....???

I thought about fitting an intercom so I could communicate with the kids- then thought "no chance" and enjoy the peace and quite the distance back they are offers. :rofl:

If only there was an option for a limo style rising screen to seperate the front from the back....

I have 3 boys (9, 8 and 3 months) and with having 2 in Isofix and the other in a booster they all fit comfortably in the Superb.

Having also had the boys in the Octy it was slighlty narrower and a bit more of a squeeze. Rear legroom, not an issue, and ditto to many replies about the car having seperate postcodes (it massive)!!

Length wise the Octy boot is 10mm bigger. Width I think is about the same but overall capacity is bigger in the Superb.

having had both superbs i can say they are the same in the back.the whatcar measurements seem to be wrong for the estate for some reason

bill

Interestingly, I've just compared the Octy and Superb brochures and the Superb estate has a larger boot volume and the Octy has a marginally deeper boot (1064 mm vs 1058mm). Not sure where What Car do their measurements or why they differ so much as I'm surprised that there's 6cm less depth (according to their diagram).

When I did a quick tape-measure test running on the boot floor from the back of the rear seat base to back of the bumper I found that there was only about 1cm difference between my old Octavia Mk2 and my new Superb Mk2.

EDIT: posted at the same time as bill2 :)

Interestingly, I've just compared the Octy and Superb brochures and the Superb estate has a larger boot volume and the Octy has a marginally deeper boot (1064 mm vs 1058mm). Not sure where What Car do their measurements or why they differ so much as I'm surprised that there's 6cm less depth (according to their diagram).

When I did a quick tape-measure test running on the boot floor from the back of the rear seat base to back of the bumper I found that there was only about 1cm difference between my old Octavia Mk2 and my new Superb Mk2.

EDIT: posted at the same time as bill2 :)

I think you mean 6mm or 1/4 of an inch as oppsoed to 2 1/4 inches.