vRS attracting too much negative attention

I normally find, like mentioned above.. if they're reeeeeally close then giving the screen a long wet wash makes them drop back. I'd like to think that sometimes this makes them realise just how close they really are.

How do you that?

I get it more in my debadged Golf than my badged up Polo GTI. :wonder: Really annoying actually, as the Golf is slow, so it's kinda pointless! I tend to just stick the cruise control on and leave them too it.

Also find having headlight washers is great! The shower the car behind nicely. :)

Never had any negative attention in the MKI vRS. Can't recall getting any in the MKII either.

When I had a Lupo GTi I would get the occasional bell-end at the lights but nothing in either Fabia.

Apart from a guy who was behind me in a Honda Jazz (and he was under 60 as well!) - he went into the inside lane at a set of lights - I assumed he was turning left but when the lights went green it was clear his intention was to get ahead of me and then cut back out (there were parked cars ahead) - obviously didn't have to try very hard to fend him off (this was in the MKII) - normally wouldn't bother but couldn't see for the life of me how he thought he was going to get to his destination any quicker.

it's because loads of Fabia vRS drivers think they're in fast cars, can't get that TopGear video out of their heads and want to race everything on the road so a certain type of driver is attracted to them for a potential race?

So can i ask exactly what are you basing this first quote on and who exactly this "certain type" of driver would be?

is that what I said? no.

No need to get snippy mate,was just asking a question ok.

Well I do get ppl right up rear end or trying to pull of at lights to race. Get boy racers all the time as me car looks modified so want to put their corsas or Saxos etc but being fully tuned not much keeps up. But ya get beemers or jags etc riding bumper thinking it's just a crappy small car. all depends on how u drive in my opinion.

IMHO I am tailgated a LOT more in the Fabia VRS.

Its ridiculous the lengths some people will go to to avoid being overtaken by a Skoda.

I had a brand new 740d BMW on my arse yesterday. Geezer was in second lane and i was pootling in the third lane...

On seeing the car he floored his car into the third lane to simply overtake me. WTF?

I have to say I get tailgated as well and I found that alot of ppl don't like to be overtaken by the fabia. Whether its because it's a skoda or a small car I'm not sure but only yesterday I overtook a peugeot 406 doing 50mph on a national and then he came right up behind me straight away as if he was about to overtake but there was no opportunity. Was very weird the missus couldn't understand it either.

Got to admit since having the VRS both myself and my lass have had some weird experience with other road users, that we have not had before. Pretty sure its the old skoda issue.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

As above - a lot of it has to do with how you drive. If someone is up your chuff, let em - just make sure you are fully aware of your surroundings, ie: make damn sure of what is going on in front of you and you are reading the road in case you have to slow down or even stop. In most cases you will give your self enough time to slow down and indeed the idiot behind you.

I drive 25-30k a year and in the last 5 years have had an Impreza Turbo, lotus Elise, Clio 172 and now the Fab. Doesn't matter what you drive - the dicks are out there. The only difference now is that when the road clears in front of me, i can't destroy them with acceleration which the Scoob was rather good at :D

• 1 month later...

don't think it matters what car you have last car was a sss(suzuki sswift sport 58 uprated gear box revs the lot running at 130 with induction ) top speed 135 on private road

even driving every day i had and it seems to be these 2 makes ive found audi or bmw either tailgate or cut you up and even if get passed you seem to slow down i just don't get em so leave them to it

recently in current sheddie clio with powerflow on it had a bmw almost take me wing off when i had right of way then slow to 20

morons

often see them switching lanes on motorways like they own it

Aggressive tailgating mainly - from folk who either want a race or who must have been offended by a Skoda overtaking them.

Answer: Evry mod on a switch. Flick it, and then foot down... Cover them in a plume of black smoke, drive away, and then switch the mod off. Hahaha!

Not that i've seen it done before now of course.... :angel:

Answer: Evry mod on a switch. Flick it, and then foot down... Cover them in a plume of black smoke, drive away, and then switch the mod off. Hahaha!

Not that i've seen it done before now of course.... :angel:

One of these switches..... :D

1305730699.jpg

People tailgate me no matter what drive, Even the work van.

Not had the vRS long enough to see if its any different. Though ive had the car 2 hours and already got cut up on a roundabout and that was on the way home from picking it up.

I love driving mine, people who know about cars are well aware of how much torque the 1.9 vRS TDI can produce. I think this causes some other road users to have squeeky bum time as they don't wanna be peed all over by a Skoda Fabia and look like idiots.... Love it haha :giggle:

Wolf in sheeps clothing for sure...

Edited by VRSD30
  • Like 1

even driving every day i had and it seems to be these 2 makes ive found audi or bmw either tailgate or cut you up and even if get passed you seem to slow down i just don't get em so leave them to it

Ironically, I've found myself getting tailgated more in my BMW than my other cars! Really should debadge or rebadge it as a 316 or something.

It has always been the same on the roads. Many years ago I used to have Capri 3.0S V6. When safe to do so, you could blow away most boy racers off the lights if they were annoying you. If they were a decent driver they would respectfully stay good distance after a good thrashing. But there was always the idiot that would try anything to get past you even the most dangerous of places because they could no beat you in a fair encounter.

Now days I am more interested in fuel consumption than speed. The Fabia 1.4TDI Estate fits the bill nicely........

I find it happens to me. My vrs is always clean and these chavs see a shiny sporty looking car and a young lad at the wheel, turn to their female friend and say 'im gonna do that'. My car is worth more than theirs so they can get on with it. Mostly I let them pass but if it's a nova or a corsa and constantly on my bumper I just squeeze the goodbye button and dissappear.

I've noticed a lot of bad reactions to my MK1 VRS as well.

Childish, not recommended, not good for the car and probably dangerous but it's always tempting to drop down a couple of gears in a diesel as the sudden deceleration without brake-lights scares the life out of tailgaters!

People tailgate me no matter what drive, Even the work van.

Not had the vRS long enough to see if its any different. Though ive had the car 2 hours and already got cut up on a roundabout and that was on the way home from picking it up.

Happened to me when I was out in a work van today a couple of times (as a passenger as I've not got a van - although I can drive other peoples if I need to), it's limited to 60, there's a massive sticker saying so on the back door!

I don't know what the drivers wanted to us to do, it's not like we were happy stuck at 60 either!